1. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    19 Dec '19 23:38
    https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2019/december-web-only/trump-should-be-removed-from-office.html

i do not normally read this magazine/website
    saw it referenced on social media
    i found the article refreshing, and overdue

cherry picked from the article

"...the facts in this instance are unambiguous: The president of the United States attempted to use his political power to coerce a foreign leader to harass and discredit one of the president’s political opponents. That is not only a violation of the Constitution; more importantly, it is profoundly immoral."

i was reminded of the parable ~
    when one straw too many is added to a camel's back
    the camel refuses to carry any more
    any longer
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    19 Dec '19 23:49
    @rookie54 said
    https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2019/december-web-only/trump-should-be-removed-from-office.html

i do not normally read this magazine/website
    saw it referenced on social media
    i found the article refreshing, and overdue

cherry picked from the article

"...the facts in this instance are unambiguous: The president of the United States attempted to use his politic ...[text shortened]...
    when one straw too many is added to a camel's back
    the camel refuses to carry any more
    any longer
    I’m sure most people don’t know this but Mike Pence will be president. Also he can pardon Donald Trump and he will if that’s the case. But first it has to pass the Senate because there are more powerful than the house.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Dec '19 06:341 edit
    I wonder how many American Christians think John Dingell is in "Hell" because he was a Democrat or that his widow might one day be going to "Hell" for voting to impeach a president who is so popular with conservative Christians and who, if he is able to remain in office, might appoint the judges needed to overturn Roe v Wade.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Dec '19 08:46
    @rbhill said
    I’m sure most people don’t know this but Mike Pence will be president. Also he can pardon Donald Trump and he will if that’s the case. But first it has to pass the Senate because there are more powerful than the house.
    Can I borrow your time machine?
  5. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 Dec '19 11:47
    @fmf said
    I wonder how many American Christians think John Dingell is in "Hell" because he was a Democrat or that his widow might one day be going to "Hell" for voting to impeach a president who is so popular with conservative Christians and who, if he is able to remain in office, might appoint the judges needed to overturn Roe v Wade.
    I know this, I'm going to heaven, and not because of anything I did or didn't do.

You can keep wondering how many Christians think this or that. It doesn't matter. God knows.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '19 11:49
    @fmf said
    Whodey refuses to deny that he believes that Obama, while President at least, was under the influence or even possessed by Satan.

I haven’t yet asked him if he believes Trump is influenced by Jesus.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '19 11:51
    @secondson said
    I know this, I'm going to heaven, and not because of anything I did or didn't do.
    Did you ‘choose’ to believe in Jesus? If so then surely that choice by you was something you did?

I’ve asked KellyJay this same question, but you know how KellyJay is with questions...
  8. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 Dec '19 12:04
    @divegeester said
    Did you ‘choose’ to believe in Jesus? If so then surely that choice by you was something you did?

I’ve asked KellyJay this same question, but you know how KellyJay is with questions...
    What is "doing" that's different from "believing"?

I did make a choice. I chose to believe, but I didn't do to believe.

Believing is what I did as an assent spiritually.

What I do, I do with the flesh.

What do you think of that?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Dec '19 12:25
    @secondson said
    Does this mean that Christian John Dingell went to heaven and not because of anything he did or didn't do?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Dec '19 14:57
    @rookie54 said
    Gosh. That is scathing. Mark Galli faces retribution, I reckon.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '19 22:58
    @rookie54 said
    The Orange Avenger is very upset about this.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Dec '19 23:04
    @divegeester said
    The Orange Avenger is very upset about this.
    Christianity Today's evangelical take on morality and ethics is apparently "far left".
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Dec '19 10:57
    @secondson said
    What is "doing" that's different from "believing"?
    I did make a choice. I chose to believe, but I didn't do to believe.
    Believing is what I did as an assent spiritually.
    What I do, I do with the flesh.

What do you think of that?
    You can’t have it both ways, either YOU chose to believe or you did not chose. Which is it?
  14. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    21 Dec '19 10:59
    @fmf said
    It wasnt a funny joke and shows what an areshole Trump can be at times.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '19 11:51
    @medullah said
    It wasnt a funny joke and shows what an areshole Trump can be at times.
    Yeah, you were not amused, but the query still stands: I wonder how many American Christians think John Dingell is in "Hell" because he was a Democrat.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree