Christianity Today

Christianity Today

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
24 Dec 19

@whodey said
Lots of people round here full of hate

F

Moves
24 Dec 19

@whodey said
According to what customized definition of "Hate"?

Disagreement? Different beliefs? Candour? Tenacity in debate and discussion? What is the "hate" you claim there is?

If it is not your intention to simply poison the well with your 'courageous' unspecific claim, and if there are supposedly "lots" of them, why not name a few?

Maybe try listing three believers and three non-believers, just to be even-handed.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 Dec 19

@kellyjay said
I would be willing to bet that those who give to others in greater numbers and quantitIes will be conservatives over liberals.
Those who follow Mammon craft their entire lives about the gathering and making of money. They are the money-changers, the tax collectors, the Pharisees who often held higher office. They end up with more money, because that is the reason for following Mammon. Following God does not make them money.

Those who follow Mammon give to charities for many reasons, not the least of which is appearances and taxes. Those who make more, give more, obviously, even if the only reason they do it is keeping up appearances and reducing their taxes. As a percentage of their income, they actually give less. Those who have less money often give their time, which is often more valuable than money and also fulfills the will of the Father. Those who give their time to those less fortunate are overwhelmingly liberal.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 Dec 19

@whodey said
It most certainly is your argument. You have more than once given broad condemnation to conservatives and the Republican party for not caring about the poor.

Again, you lie
Your article quotes The Fiscal Times. Do you deny this is a conservative group?

Of curse they would claim that conservatives give more than liberals.

Liberals give more of their time, which some claim is more valuable, and which more closely follows the will of the Father, to give of themselves. Clearly conservatives consider their money (and their love of that money) part of "themselves". But it's not. It is not of God, but of Caesar. Not of God, but of Mammon.

And yes, I will continue to give broad condemnation to followers of Mammon.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 Dec 19

@whodey said
You are just like your pal Trump.

Everyone who criticizes him unfairly "hates" him.

People actually criticize him because of the things he does. They call him out for acting selfishly, mainly. The president works for the people, not himself.

Narcissists never get that.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 Dec 19

@suzianne said
Those who follow Mammon craft their entire lives about the gathering and making of money. They are the money-changers, the tax collectors, the Pharisees who often held higher office. They end up with more money, because that is the reason for following Mammon. Following God does not make them money.

Those who follow Mammon give to charities for many reasons, not the le ...[text shortened]... e will of the Father. Those who give their time to those less fortunate are overwhelmingly liberal.
Where do you get your figures from?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Dec 19

@kellyjay said
Where do you get your figures from?
"Figures lie, and liars figure."

My point with that post was the difference between the giving of money versus the giving of time. Which do you think Jesus would consider more closely follows God's will?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Dec 19

@suzianne said
"Figures lie, and liars figure."

My point with that post was the difference between the giving of money versus the giving of time. Which do you think Jesus would consider more closely follows God's will?
Your point was to smear millions of people and you did. I know quite a few that go above and beyond when it comes to helping others and you attacked them with your rhetoric, just because of some small piece of their value system, political leanings, or world view. You painted them as something less than when those I know are not money grabbers but kind carrying Christians whose lives are given to following Christ and helping others. I agree there is a difference in giving time and money for causes, some do both, and others do what they can with what they got. So I take it you cannot back up the claim?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Dec 19

@kellyjay said
Your point was to smear millions of people and you did. I know quite a few that go above and beyond when it comes to helping others and you attacked them with your rhetoric, just because of some small piece of their value system, political leanings, or world view. You painted them as something less than when those I know are not money grabbers but kind carrying Christians wh ...[text shortened]... do both, and others do what they can with what they got. So I take it you cannot back up the claim?
Just as you cannot answer my question.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Dec 19
1 edit

@suzianne said
Just as you cannot answer my question.
Following the Holy Spirt is doing what needs done that is right in front of you with what you have, not what you'd do if you had more. There is no scale for one group of doers making them better than this other group of doers! There is the living God and those that love Him and others that are reaching out and taking care of others in the ways they can.

Do not sit around and bad mouth others who are also working out their own salvation. You sound like "R" when you do things like that, sitting in judgment, not caring about them all, you don't think Jesus died for Republicans too, you don't think that some of them love the Lord laying down their lives for Him daily?

Moves
29 Dec 19

In a thread about Christianity today, I am curious what modern Christians think abot Sonship's belief that the Triune God is actually a ‘four-in-one’ God, with man as the fourth person.

Is this something other Christians are comfortable with?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Dec 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
In a thread about Christianity today, I am curious what modern Christians think abot Sonship's belief that the Triune God is actually a ‘four-in-one’ God, with man as the fourth person.

Is this something other Christians are comfortable with?
I not as comfortable with you telling me what others think since you have been putting words into the mouths of others in other threads.

Moves
29 Dec 19

@kellyjay said
I not as comfortable with you telling me what others think since you have been putting words into the mouths of others in other threads.
Witness Lee spoke for himself when he referred to 'the Triune God as the ‘four-in-one’ God, with man as the fourth person.' (Sonship has written in support of this).

If you followed threads, as opposed to fluttering in like a random leaf, you would know already that I wasn't putting words in anybody's mouths in this or any other thread, but referring directly to quotes made.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Dec 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Witness Lee spoke for himself when he referred to 'the Triune God as the ‘four-in-one’ God, with man as the fourth person.' (Sonship has written in support of this).

If you followed threads, as opposed to fluttering in like a random leaf, you would know already that I wasn't putting words in anybody's mouths in this or any other thread, but referring directly to quotes made.
I like context, you putting words in another's mouth isn't context, its you putting words in another's mouth.

Moves
29 Dec 19

@kellyjay said
I like context, you putting words in another's mouth isn't context, its you putting words in another's mouth.
If you want context, 'read the thread.' (And the words of others I am responding to, not making up).

If you are incapable of doing that quit responding to my posts.