1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '20 20:45
    @kellyjay said
    You really want to beat this dead horse more?
    Sustained. Indefatigable. And almost bottomlessly disingenuous.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Jan '20 20:49

Removed by poster

3. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    01 Jan '20 21:26
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Or perhaps you'll get reincarnated as a gerbil, for not putting your faith in the Buddha.
    That is much more likely.
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    01 Jan '20 21:29
    @kellyjay said
    I would be willing to bet that those who give to others in greater numbers and quantitIes will be conservatives over liberals.
    If you've got any quantitles going, I'll take half a dozen.
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Jan '20 08:48
    @kellyjay said
    You have a lot of knowledge, but you miss the truth, One God, One creation, for God's purpose. You are forever learning, but never coming to the understanding of the truth! That is the bottom line when we reach the cause that has no reason other than itself so you look and look drawing conclusions about things and putting them together in ways they don't belong. When discuss ...[text shortened]... misses the truth, because he wants no part of it, not because it isn't right there in front of him.
    The truth I discovered is that religions are 10 a penny and all crumble when held under the microscope.

If you want to bring 'ignorant' onto the table, then this is the truth you are ignorant about.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Jan '20 11:57
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    The truth I discovered is that religions are 10 a penny and all crumble when held under the microscope.

If you want to bring 'ignorant' onto the table, then this is the truth you are ignorant about.
    If we build our religions and craft our gods to suit ourselves, I would have to agree with you, even if we slap the label Christian on it. Those seem to be the only religions you think are among men in reality, but that is not God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit, that is idolatry. Unlike man-made Christianity, where people are still doing just that, inserting their views about God upon God and Jesus Christ avoiding God's real attributes. The real God isn’t a tame man-like creature who is like us in every way overlooking and ignoring our guilt and sinful nature. God isn't one that negotiates with us or shares His glory. Being sovereign His will, will be done, and this is who you are missing, and if all you have seen and acknowledged are the idolatry versions of scripture and man-made versions of god, you have not seen the only God of scripture and reality, or grasped the real gospel of Jesus Christ!

So if the truth you have discovered are religions are a 10 a penny, you need to find one that is true when using the microscope or the telescope, because God is God no matter how you look at Him.
  7. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Jan '20 12:25
    @kellyjay said
    If we build our religions and craft our gods to suit ourselves, I would have to agree with you, even if we slap the label Christian on it. Those seem to be the only religions you think are among men in reality, but that is not God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit, that is idolatry. Unlike man-made Christianity, where people are still doing just that, inserting their views ...[text shortened]... s true when using the microscope or the telescope, because God is God no matter how you look at Him.
    I think if you were able to concede and accept that for me (and not born out of ignorance or laziness) I have come to the conclusion that 'all' forms of Christianity are 'man-made' our future conversations would be a lot more constructive.

I accept that 'Jesus' is your truth but it is erroneous to believe that what seems truthful for you must therefore be truthful for everyone else. As a finite being, like the rest of us, you could simply be wrong.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Jan '20 12:43
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I think if you were able to concede and accept that for me (and not born out of ignorance or laziness) I have come to the conclusion that 'all' forms of Christianity are 'man-made' our future conversations would be a lot more constructive.

I accept that 'Jesus' is your truth but it is erroneous to believe that what seems truthful for you must therefore be truthful for everyone else. As a finite being, like the rest of us, you could simply be wrong.
    How is my accepting you view all forms of God man-made any different from what I have said to you already? You have never experienced God; you have only experienced the man-made versions of God as you have even admitted. So when it comes to God, you have never known Him, you don't recognize Him and have no clue what He is like; thus, so you claim no one has. That argument for me is again like a blind man telling those that see he doesn't believe colors are real. How would you know, you admit the only experience you have had is with man-made versions of the god, not the God who is!

The whole human race are finite beings; we all can be wrong about everything, that does not mean we are. That fact should not give you a false sense of solace because the truth about God doesn't rest with anyone in the human race; it rests the God who is.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Jan '20 13:571 edit
    @kellyjay said
    You have a point? Seriously, you think anyone without Christ standing before God regardless of the position they had in this life, be it a ruler or not, is going to fare well for eternity? You think anything outside of the blood of Jesus Christ is going to save them, maybe if they were members of some political party is going to impress God more than having Jesus as Lord?
    No. What I think is that you and people like you are willfully crippling yourselves by devaluing education. Ignorant people are more and more claiming that a college education is worthless because they claim that "liberals" are in charge of the education system. This leads to conservative opportunists taking the money that used to be allocated to education across this country and returning a valueless education by making it a "business", further dumbing down America, and creating a self-fulfilling prophecy that education is worthless, thus continuing the cycle.

You need to understand that the US is not a theocracy, nor would it be better if it were. We are a secular nation, whether you like it or not, and we are told to "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's and unto God that which is God's." The Bible and Jesus himself advocates the separation of church and state and this cannot be made more clear.

Now since the US IS a secular state, the operation of it must also be done in a secular fashion, thus we have elections. You standing back saying ridiculous things about political parties isn't going to change that, nor should it.

You also make another mistake that is so common in this upside-down political climate, that people not agreeing with your politics are somehow judged to be "without God". I have news for you. The ones most without God are those who follow Mammon, and your own party has those in vast abundance.

Leave God at church and government at the ballot box, and never the twain shall meet.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Jan '20 15:012 edits
    @suzianne said
    No. What I think is that you and people like you are willfully crippling yourselves by devaluing education. Ignorant people are more and more claiming that a college education is worthless because they claim that "liberals" are in charge of the education system. This leads to conservative opportunists taking the money that used to be allocated to education across this cou ...[text shortened]... abundance.

Leave God at church and government at the ballot box, and never the twain shall meet.
    I never said education is worthless, and I don't give a rat’s behind about liberals or any other group of people's views. We are all equally guilty and in need of salvation. If you don't know Christ, you can gain the whole world and lose your soul.

I don’t define people as good or bad by their politics here or anywhere else, conservative, liberal are both sinners, and neither have the answers, those are found in only one and if you miss Him, your lost. It will not matter what you have in degrees, power, property, or anything else. In the end, none of that matters. What matters is that you are right with God on God's terms, not being the better person, we are to be alive in Christ, we are all flawed people.

The only separation you should concern with is you and Christ! Church, and state both of them can be as evil as the other! If they are man generated, they are as flawed as the people who run them, and all people are flawed. The only Church that matters is Christ's, and His is a living one, not one run by boards, committees, pastors, preachers, elders, but God by Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit, it is not of this world, we are called out of that!
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '20 16:01
    @kellyjay said
    We are all equally guilty and in need of salvation.
    So you might be bound for eternal torment in burning flames? Or does believing you are "saved" save you, have I got that right?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '20 16:05
    @kellyjay said
    I don’t define people as good or bad by their politics here or anywhere else, conservative, liberal are both sinners.
    You were happy to condemn Obama for his character and behaviour but you are silent about Trump on THIS thread. Is this not about your politics?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jan '20 01:251 edit
    @kellyjay said
    I don’t define people as good or bad by their politics here or anywhere else, conservative, liberal are both sinners, and neither have the answers, those are found in only one and if you miss Him, your lost.
    You quoted Colossians 3:5 on another thread: "Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry."

Is Colossians 3:5 somehow preventing you from commenting on the Christian perspective in the OP?

Presumably, you think you are posting in a principled, courageous and consistent way, but I get baffled sometimes by the distinct impression that a fair bit of your posting is quite the opposite.

Do you disagree with the Christian perspective in the OP of this thread?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree