1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 13:02
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    and that is as far as i am going in this discussion, for i am fed up arguing on this topic.
    You'll be back.
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 13:03
    Originally posted by barstudd
    You did not see evolution happen...and there is no physical evidence at all, its all theory, theory because there is an evil out there that is trying to blind people like yourself from seeing the truth...God could not offer people who do not have faith a place in his kingdom as it just wouldnt work...So this is your test here on Earth to shake yourself out ...[text shortened]... ence of this at all..

the big bang theory you hear about was god saying let there be light!
    😴
  3. Joined
    10 Dec '06
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 13:261 edit
    @ Barstudd

You did not see evolution happen...
    1) Then how do you suggest that the Mexican flu just arrived?
    2) You did not see the creation to happen, did you?

and there is no physical evidence at all, .
    Q: What would you accept as being physical evidence?

its all theory, theory because there is an evil out there that is trying to blind people like yourself from seeing the truth...
    This is one of the largest misunderstandings there is. A theory is a well substantiated idea that explains aspects of the natural world. However other definitions of theory such as a “guess” cause a great deal of confusion in the non-scientific world when dealing with the sciences. They are, in fact, two very different concepts.

God could not offer people who do not have faith a place in his kingdom as it just wouldnt work...So this is your test here on Earth
    You just claimed that you entirely understand the reasoning from God.
    Therefor you claim to be level in this point with the creator.
    Are you allowed to do that?

to shake yourself out of your negativity and open your mind,
    Claiming that evolution has occured is not negative.
    It would be negative if I would start a war because of it, or if I would prosecute all others who do not believe or understand evolution.

being a non believer is negativety,
    1) Claiming that evolution occured does not state that you can not believe in a God.
    2) I do not understand why the mere fact of not having the same believe as you have would make anyone negative.

so maybe you should just admit to yourself that your mind is closed to creation,
    To speak for myself. I am open for anything you want to tell me.
    However, I might have questions and if I disagree I will tell you.

being closed is being negative and you rather believe the opinions and views of other non believers....so we have a case of negativity upon negativity

Great. Since being closed is being negative, what is your response to my vid? Or do you not watch it and instead believe the opinions and views of other believers.... so that we would have a case of negativity upon negativity?

I suppose you believe men were once apes too even if you had not seen that eventuate either....but scientist told you so.

and if scientists told you that we are going to evolve back into Apes you would believe that too....

To speak for myself again.
    No I do not instantly agree with science or anything else.
    I always question everything and everyone and think for myself.

there is no evidence that evolution ever occured, you didnt see the any evidence of this at all..
    You allready said that

the big bang theory you hear about was god saying let there be light!

Great! So evolution could be the hand of God to!
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 13:35
    Originally posted by rwingett
    You'll be back.
    Lol no way, not with my Uzi 9 mm, not with anything!
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 13:37
    An abundance of fossil remains that can be held and studied, for example, haha

Lol, you should know better than that you bad ol putty cat!

'evolution predicts that a complete fossil record would consist of lineages of organisms showing gradual change continuously over long periods of time....Unfortunately, the fossil record does not meet this e ...[text shortened]... nd that is as far as i am going in this discussion, for i am fed up arguing on this topic.
    Your opinion, my friend, is based of that you don't understand evolution. 🙂 Lol, lol, lol

(The 'my friend' and 🙂 and lol is just to mimic your language, nothing more.)
  6. Joined
    10 Dec '06
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 13:37
    An abundance of fossil remains that can be held and studied, for example, haha

Lol, you should know better than that you bad ol putty cat!

'evolution predicts that a complete fossil record would consist of lineages of organisms showing gradual change continuously over long periods of time....Unfortunately, the fossil record does not meet this e ...[text shortened]... nd that is as far as i am going in this discussion, for i am fed up arguing on this topic.
    Actually, many transitional fossils do exist there are fossils of transitional organisms between whales and their land mammal ancestors.

There are many transitional forms that have not been preserved,
    but that is simply because some organisms do not fossilize well or exist in conditions that do not allow for the process of fossilization.

This does not disprove the theory.
    What in fact do you know about fossilization?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 13:581 edit
    Originally posted by MetBierOp
    Actually, many transitional fossils do exist there are fossils of transitional organisms between whales and their land mammal ancestors.

There are many transitional forms that have not been preserved,
    but that is simply because some organisms do not fossilize well or exist in conditions that do not allow for the process of fossilization.

This does not disprove the theory.
    What in fact do you know about fossilization?
    yeah i saw one recently, it was alleged that an aquatic deer and a whale were like related, are you people for real i wondered, have you seen the difference between an aquatic deer and a whale? anyhow, i will not be baited further, you believe what you want, i have heard every one of these arguments and not one of them is convincing, no not one of them, and please don't make me go into the whole evolutionary hoaxes that have been proffered to assist in the propagation of a theory built on a complete premise (you know Ramapithecus, Australopithecus etc etc, or the rather funky theory of punctuated equilibrium used to make up for the deficiency in the fossil record, take it to the science forum if you are that interested, they got loads of Geeks down there who believe all that stuff.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 14:061 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Your opinion, my friend, is based of that you don't understand evolution. 🙂 Lol, lol, lol

(The 'my friend' and 🙂 and lol is just to mimic your language, nothing more.)
    yeah yeah once ol Darwin got a sniff of the fossil record his theory was in ribbons, but no, you people were not content, you had to peruse it, now look at what you willing to give credence to, all sorts of stuff, hoaxes, fakes, whole skeletal systems built from a jawbone and a few teeth, Lol, its is to laugh!
  9. Joined
    06 Jun '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 14:16
    The whole Creation/Intelligent Design vs Evolution debate is nonsense since both views are wrong if you correctly interpret quantum theory which a number of eminent physicists are starting to do - one finds their findings exactly map to Buddhist philosophy. Buddhsim had it right 5oo years before jesus and 2,500 years before the founding fathers of quantum theory.

The whole Creation/Intelligent Design vs Evolution debate is therefore one great big yawn.
  10. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 14:20
    Originally posted by clearlight
    The whole Creation/Intelligent Design vs Evolution debate is nonsense since both views are wrong if you correctly interpret quantum theory which a number of eminent physicists are starting to do - one finds their findings exactly map to Buddhist philosophy. Buddhsim had it right 5oo years before jesus and 2,500 years before the founding fathers of quantum ...[text shortened]... .

The whole Creation/Intelligent Design vs Evolution debate is therefore one great big yawn.
    I spose once the budda particle is discovered they will have in their hands the last piece of the puzzle and the theory of everything will fall right into place.🙂
  11. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 14:28
    yeah i saw one recently, it was alleged that an aquatic deer and a whale were like related, are you people for real i wondered, have you seen the difference between an aquatic deer and a whale? anyhow, i will not be baited further, you believe what you want, i have heard every one of these arguments and not one of them is convincing, no not one of t ...[text shortened]... orum if you are that interested, they got loads of Geeks down there who believe all that stuff.
    One hour and 21 minutes. That's some impressive resolve you have there.
  12. Joined
    10 Dec '06
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 14:30
    yeah i saw one recently, it was alleged that an aquatic deer and a whale were like related, are you people for real i wondered, have you seen the difference between an aquatic deer and a whale? anyhow, i will not be baited further, you believe what you want, i have heard every one of these arguments and not one of them is convincing, no not one of t ...[text shortened]... orum if you are that interested, they got loads of Geeks down there who believe all that stuff.
    I am not baiting, mere discussing.
    For a discussion I need a different opinion then mine.

I understand you want more proof. You are not convinced when you see a transitional form that defers to much. However when you see species that are quite alike the you will probably argue that they are both created or that they are the same species. To throw in just two simple examples look at 1) cats and catlikes that are alive today. 2) Do the same for doggies.

The thing that I am really after is, what does hold you back to believe in evolution? What evidence can convince you?

Now, before answering, it would be really good to think about it for a while.

If you think about it your answer should not be "nothing can convince me"

Not to be rude,

But lets assume that you have died, judgementday has passed and you have gone to heaven. When in heaven Jesus speaks to you and says:
    "Well Robbie, you were quite a good and faithfull person. only among so many you misunderstood the creation. Yes God/(I) is/(am) the creator but evolution really happened it is caused by nature after the initial creation "

I think that would change your point of view.

So, I ask again. What evidence can convince you of the existence of evolution?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 15:00
    Originally posted by rwingett
    One hour and 21 minutes. That's some impressive resolve you have there.
    if i say anything i will incriminate myself LOL,
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 15:021 edit
    yeah yeah once ol Darwin got a sniff of the fossil record his theory was in ribbons, but no, you people were not content, you had to peruse it, now look at what you willing to give credence to, all sorts of stuff, hoaxes, fakes, whole skeletal systems built from a jawbone and a few teeth, Lol, its is to laugh!
    Exactly this kind of message, old friend, that so clearly shows that you are not serious 🙂 Lol, lol, lol.

Old friend, why not be serious for a while 🙂 Lol, lol, lol.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 15:021 edit
    Originally posted by MetBierOp
    I am not baiting, mere discussing.
    For a discussion I need a different opinion then mine.

I understand you want more proof. You are not convinced when you see a transitional form that defers to much. However when you see species that are quite alike the you will probably argue that they are both created or that they are the same species. To throw in ju of view.

So, I ask again. What evidence can convince you of the existence of evolution?
    umm i dont know if you have noticed but , ummm, cats are cats and dogs are dogs, whether they are big cats or little ones, this is termed variation within a species, which i do not dispute, this is not transmutation of one species to another, for example if a lion is able to prevail in his environment and overcome all other lions, he is a strong lion, he does not become an elephant.

ummm and the reference of going to heaven and to be with Jesus is rather reminiscent of the type of generality that happens so often, in that non theists are attributing beliefs to theists that do not actually exist. i have no desire to go to heaven, nor am i worthy of the presence of the Christ.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree