1. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 21:43
    Originally posted by MetBierOp
    No not at all.
    The intention is to unify.

However, every person has a personal 'filter' which create different views.
    Right so everyone has a middle view so to speak, but I don't want that.
  2. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 00:023 edits
    Originally posted by Ringwraith
    Amusing. Very amusing. An evil out there trying to blind people??
    If you do not believe in evolution do you then believe in Genesis? Humans created out of clay? And god breathed over us and we came to life? Do you really believe that? My mind is open and until I have God coming down and showing me how he can bring clay to life, I'm gonna stick to believ e minds of the authors who wrote the fables in the Bible and decide which is more logic.
    You dont believe in God or his creation because you said it yourself God has not come down and shown you or your faithless ways a sign.

even though you are here and and living and you see all the things around you...If you want to see open the eyes...thats like saying nobody designed this website, I cant believe it because I didnt see anyone design it when it was being designed, so then I believe it must have evolved...what was this website before it evolved?

My mind is open Your mind is open to dispute the truth only, just like a disobedient child would who ignores his parents.

until I have God coming down and showing me how he can bring clay to life Your opinion didnt create the universe either, you keep showing my earlier post as being true about opinionated people...So would you like someone to show you how we turned from an ape into man....surely you dont believe that rubbish do you?

There is no evidence of genesis either. And you know that for a fact do you, even though god himself didn't come down and tell so.

But let us examine this matter using our own minds By believing in god you are using your own mind, How foolish to think other wise, By not believing you are also using your mind but you are also blinded by your own opinions and you will always argue the point that your opinion is right, rather than see the truth, its time for you to accept that your opinion or lack of belief is exactly what fails you, God is here and you are living his creation open your eyes so you can see it, stop being the disobedient little child.

Like millions before you, Go ahead store all your treasure's here on earth, And I shall pray for you, you need to start looking above all that you accumulate here on earth, and above this short life that we have been given, as all you store up here on earth will stay here on Earth even long after you have been moved on.

You believe there is no future beyond this life, then that will be all you will get, its up to you to live your life and prove to god your value, its not up to him to show foolish non-believers like you miracles on demand to help you believe...you live your life, nobody else owes you a living.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 07:332 edits
    Originally posted by barstudd
    You dont believe in God or his creation because you said it yourself God has not come down and shown you or your faithless ways a sign.

even though you are here and and living and you see all the things around you...If you want to see open the eyes...thats like saying nobody designed this website, I cant believe it because I didnt see anyone design it w ou miracles on demand to help you believe...you live your life, nobody else owes you a living.
    Interesting argument: "By believing in god you are using your own mind, How foolish to think other wise"

The only reason to believe in god is to avoid being foolish?

(I don't use this abbreviation very often but now I feel a strong urge of doing so)

LOL 😀

But when I read your text once more, I see that you, like me, avoid to spell god with a capital g, in order to express that god is nothing but a thought, not a reality.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 07:58
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Interesting argument: "By believing in god you are using your own mind, How foolish to think other wise"

The only reason to believe in god is to avoid being foolish?

(I don't use this abbreviation very often but now I feel a strong urge of doing so)

LOL 😀

But when I read your text once more, I see that you, like me, avoid to spell god with a capital g, in order to express that god is nothing but a thought, not a reality.
    God is not a reality? Ah! how can you say that? 🙂
    So what do you think happens to us after we die. (in the context of energy, and how it cant be destroyed)?
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 08:27
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    God is not a reality? Ah! how can you say that? 🙂
    So what do you think happens to us after we die. (in the context of energy, and how it cant be destroyed)?
    What god are you referring to? There are numerous to chose among. Even within the christians there are numerous variants of god. So if there were just one and only one god that we're talking about, then the question would become much simpler. But that's not the case.

"God is not a reality? Ah! how can you say that?" That easy: Just form your mouth and say "God is not a reality!" Because he is not one reality only. Which one is the right one?

Many christians says like this: "Only I have the Truth at my side. You are foolish if you don't have exactly my viewpoint." When I respond: "Prove to me that only you have the Truth", they cannot. Why? It's religion. We have to take his word for it. Nothing more.

So whose word is the right one? Why not have an annual competition? Like the olympic games? So we can for each year know whose word, whose beliefs is the right one?

This is religion. I respect anyone's religion who in turn respect mine.
    Do you respect mine? Then you should respect my view that god is not a reality.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 08:47
    What god are you referring to? There are numerous to chose among. Even within the christians there are numerous variants of god. So if there were just one and only one god that we're talking about, then the question would become much simpler. But that's not the case.

"God is not a reality? Ah! how can you say that?" That easy: Just form your mouth and ...[text shortened]... .
    Yes I respect your point of view. It is refreshing and honest.

I'm referring to any god.

(bear in my mind my question about god not being a reality had a smiley at the end. I was thinking maybe christians would be offended by that comment. Not me.)

Again: what do you think happens to us when we die? (given that energy cant be destroyed)
  7. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 09:191 edit

"God is not a reality? Ah! how can you say that?" That easy: Just form your mouth and .
    You always let your own opinions dispute the truth, The problem with opinions are they change all the time...so you shouldn't live purely by your own opinions, have you never considered that you are, or have been wrong? or do you think you are right every time and everyone else is always wrong.

"God is not a reality? Ah! how can you say that?" also I didnt use these particular words you added them to the conversation yourself making out that I had used them, is that why you used a question mark....so you even question mark yourself.

there is only one God! all real christians from all corners of the globe worship the one God, and your views are not it nor are any other opinionated persons views, and for all those other carved images out there that you refer to the days are numbered.

because people adore their own opinions like you do, selfishness and their material belongings so much is why there is so many problems facing the world right now......

let it go! and free yourself.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 09:241 edit
    Yes I respect your point of view. It is refreshing and honest.

I'm referring to any god.

(bear in my mind my question about god not being a reality had a smiley at the end. I was thinking maybe christians would be offended by that comment. Not me.)

Again: what do you think happens to us when we die? (given that energy cant be destroyed)
    Yes, the smilie... Sometimes a smiley is used to deny responsability of what is written. This was not the case, I realize now.

"Again: what do you think happens to us when we die? (given that energy cant be destroyed)"

Energy has nothing to do with what will happen after a death.
    "What will happen when a squirrel die?" have the same answer. Or an oak, or a virus, or an elephant. What happens when an engine cease to work for the last time? What happens when a candle is out? What happens with a sound when the radio is turned off?
    As I believe in the laws of physics, and "nothing more" (?), there are no difference in the answers of the questions above.

Believing in something after the death, that the conciousness will still live, or a soul, or that we will live in another world, or gain nirvana, or anything, is plain religion, anothing more than religion.

Some christians don't believe in evolution, because they have not seen it.
    Why believe in an afterlife? Noone have ever seen it, and survived to tell about it.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 09:32
    Originally posted by barstudd
    You always let your own opinions dispute the truth, The problem with opinions are they change all the time...so you shouldn't live purely by your own opinions, have you never considered that you are, or have been wrong? or do you think you are right every time and everyone else is always wrong.

[b]"God is not a reality? Ah! how can you say that?"
    al ...[text shortened]... y there is so many problems facing the world right now......

let it go! and free yourself.[/b]
    Wasn't he talking to me?

As for opinions ,I ,for one, think they are extremely relevant.
    I myself go on my feelings and experiences (of god) however others like to refer to these as 'opinions' . Whatever.
    The 'truth'? you mean as coming from the bible right ?
    opinions open the doors of perception to discover truth. Opinions vary naturally, as do different peoples viewpoints.

"all real christians"...could you elaborate as to what YOU think a real christian is?
    cheers
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 09:361 edit
    Yes, the smilie... Sometimes a smiley is used to deny responsability of what is written. This was not the case, I realize now.

"Again: what do you think happens to us when we die? (given that energy cant be destroyed)"

Energy has nothing to do with what will happen after a death.
    "What will happen when a squirrel die?" have the same answer. Or an t.
    Why believe in an afterlife? Noone have ever seen it, and survived to tell about it.
    I've seen the 'afterlife' .Although I wouldn't call it 'afterlife' .

The only relevant religon,IMHO, is your own. Any group religon or 'consensus of beliefs' is dead, in so much that it is not subject to change, hence transmutation.

Just remember , that without proof, your assertion that there is no afterlife is just as valid as a christians notion of heaven.
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 09:58
    I've seen the 'afterlife' .Although I wouldn't call it 'afterlife' .

The only relevant religon,IMHO, is your own. Any group religon or 'consensus of beliefs' is dead, in so much that it is not subject to change, hence transmutation.

Just remember , that without proof, your assertion that there is no afterlife is just as valid as a christians notion of heaven.
    I don't feel an urge to impose my 'religion' to others. It's my personal 'religion'. I live by it. If someone likes my 'spiritual' views, then he will follow them. In his own way, and that's fine with me. My views maybe is not the Ultimate Truth, but it is anyway my personal truth. Others may have theirs.

People who claim thay have the Ultimate Truth, and anyone not sharing their UT is either stupid or ignorant, or both. These people are nowhere near the UT, even if they think so themselves.

Therefore I rather spell truth with a small 't'. Because, religiously speaking, there are as many 'truths' as there are people on the earth. The Truth exist, but we know nothing about it. We can nearer ourselves to it, but we will never know when we've found it. To say that someone has found the Truth is the very proof that he hasn't.

This is a part of my 'religion'.

IMHO
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 11:151 edit
    I don't feel an urge to impose my 'religion' to others. It's my personal 'religion'. I live by it. If someone likes my 'spiritual' views, then he will follow them. In his own way, and that's fine with me. My views maybe is not the Ultimate Truth, but it is anyway my personal truth. Others may have theirs.

People who claim thay have the Ultimate Truth, h is the very proof that he hasn't.

This is a part of my 'religion'.

IMHO
    It can be very hard to share your version of UT because it is an experience that is beyond words,IMO. I really dont think people who dont share their (version of) UT are stupid or ignorant. They are not obliged to, are they? Perhaps you meant something else.

I also don't feel the need to impose my religon on others. I prefer to tell stories and then the listener can take what they want from the information.

(I hope you aren't implying that I have claimed to know UT. I certainly dont in any absolute sense. I would like to think I have some valid approaches towards it. (I claimed to have experienced the 'afterlife'😉).
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 12:36
    It can be very hard to share your version of UT because it is an experience that is beyond words,IMO. I really dont think people who dont share their (version of) UT are stupid or ignorant. They are not obliged to, are they? Perhaps you meant something else.

I also don't feel the need to impose my religon on others. I prefer to tell stories and then ...[text shortened]... k I have some valid approaches towards it. (I claimed to have experienced the 'afterlife'😉).
    Not long ago, in this very thread, one wrote: "By believing in god you are using your own mind, How foolish to think other wise". In this short sentence I can easily read: "If you don't think like me, you are a fool." And this kind of statements shows very nicely what some christian people think about others not sharing their views.

I enjoy discussing with you. You are serious. Not any "🙂 lol, lol, lol, my friend." You respect others view. I would certainly enjoy a cold beer a late night discussing various subjects with you I wouldn't do with anyone.

You claim to have experienced the 'afterlife'. Well, to bite on that hook we have a lot of definitions to agree upon. I pass that if you don't mind. (...until the cold beer is in it's place.)
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 12:39
    Not long ago, in this very thread, one wrote: "By believing in god you are using your own mind, How foolish to think other wise". In this short sentence I can easily read: "If you don't think like me, you are a fool." And this kind of statements shows very nicely what some christian people think about others not sharing their views.

I enjoy discussing ...[text shortened]... gree upon. I pass that if you don't mind. (...until the cold beer is in it's place.)
    oh guess who doesn't suffer fools gladly.

well Mr Big, have you never read the Shakespearean adage, 'trust not the man who says that he is more than an actor, for that lie, waves like the devils banner above, above theft, murder . . . '

obviously not.
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 12:441 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    oh guess who doesn't suffer fools gladly.

well Mr Big, have you never read the Shakespearean adage, 'trust not the man who says that he is more than an actor, for that lie, waves like the devils banner above, above theft, murder . . . '

obviously not.
    Still joking? Still not serious?
    I didn't see your usual markers for being teaser?
    You confuse me...

Btw, who is this Mr Big you're referring to?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree