1. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    20 Oct '07 15:28
    Originally posted by gambit3
    No.
    So you don't believe that Jewish beliefs are imperfect?
  2. Joined
    13 Sep '06
    Moves
    20 Oct '07 16:53
    Are you trying to say that the Jews are like the pigs in Animal Farm?[/b]
    No, that was the "Communists"
  3. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    20 Oct '07 18:05
    Originally posted by Palynka
    So you don't believe that Jewish beliefs are imperfect?
    Your question is outside of the context of my answer. I said that Christians are not perfected Jews. A Christian can be from any nation. What are you calling "Jewish beliefs"?
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    20 Oct '07 18:171 edit
    Originally posted by gambit3
    Your question is outside of the context of my answer. I said that Christians are not perfected Jews. A Christian can be from any nation. What are you calling "Jewish beliefs"?
    Jewish people can be from any nation, as well. Israelis and Jewish are two different things.

Are not the Jewish defined by their belief in a certain religion?
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    20 Oct '07 20:51
    Jewish people can be from any nation, as well. Israelis and Jewish are two different things.

Are not the Jewish defined by their belief in a certain religion?
    There are two different meanings for the word "Jew". One is religious, the other ethnic. However the two are so intertwined that many don't understand the difference.
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    21 Oct '07 09:23
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    There are two different meanings for the word "Jew". One is religious, the other ethnic. However the two are so intertwined that many don't understand the difference.
    Isn't it an ethnicity defined by religious beliefs? I thought you were an ethnic Jew if your parents were Jewish (religious meaning), regardless of nationality or skin colour.
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    24 Oct '07 07:10
    Isn't it an ethnicity defined by religious beliefs? I thought you were an ethnic Jew if your parents were Jewish (religious meaning), regardless of nationality or skin colour.
    Well there's the thing about the mother's bloodline which suggests that it's not just about religion.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree