1. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Joined
    05 Mar '02
    Moves
    32455
    13 Oct '07 02:36
    http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/10/11/coulter-christians-as-perfected-jews/index.html?ex=1349755200&en=6259f2a9d58e2c41&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

    So, what do Christians think? Does this viewpoint reflect how you view you, your faith, and
    your Scriptures?

    Nemesio
  2. Subscriberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Joined
    01 Sep '06
    Moves
    56453
    13 Oct '07 02:49
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/10/11/coulter-christians-as-perfected-jews/index.html?ex=1349755200&en=6259f2a9d58e2c41&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

    So, what do Christians think? Does this viewpoint reflect how you view you, your faith, and
    your Scriptures?

    Nemesio
    It's rubbish. We are not jews, we are gentiles, and we certainly arn't perfect
  3. Illinois
    Joined
    20 Mar '07
    Moves
    6266
    13 Oct '07 02:57
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/10/11/coulter-christians-as-perfected-jews/index.html?ex=1349755200&en=6259f2a9d58e2c41&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

    So, what do Christians think? Does this viewpoint reflect how you view you, your faith, and
    your Scriptures?

    Nemesio
    My understanding is, the Jews are God's chosen people, and in all respects are preeminent to Christians. The only reason we are able to join in on the party is because God's chosen people rejected their King, and He poured out his grace on us (the Gentiles) in order to make the Jews jealous. If they had not rejected Him, then Christ's reign would have begun 2000 years ago. But, of course, as it was foretold, the Jews rejected the Messiah and began the age of grace. All men are equal in the eyes of God, though their ranks may differ, and the Jews are preeminent in God's plan, even though they may not have believed in Jesus Christ (yet).
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Joined
    13 Dec '04
    Moves
    49088
    13 Oct '07 02:591 edit
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    My understanding is, the Jews are God's chosen people, and in all respects are preeminent to Christians. The only reason we are able to join in on the party is because God's chosen people rejected their King, and He poured out his grace on us (the Gentiles) in order to make the Jews jealous. If they had not rejected Him, then Christ's reign would have ...[text shortened]... are preeminent in God's plan, even though they may not have believed in Jesus Christ (yet).
    "The Jews are God's chosen people"

    "All men are equal in the eyes of God"

    What is it like to think in blatant contradictions?

    Are you trying to say that the Jews are like the pigs in Animal Farm?
  5. Illinois
    Joined
    20 Mar '07
    Moves
    6266
    13 Oct '07 03:12
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    "The Jews are God's chosen people"

    "All men are equal in the eyes of God"

    What is it like to think in blatant contradictions?

    Are you trying to say that the Jews are like the pigs in Animal Farm?
    Is it an irreconcilable contradiction, or can a deeper understanding erase the difficulty?
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Joined
    31 Jul '01
    Moves
    91452
    13 Oct '07 07:20
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    Is it an irreconcilable contradiction, or can a deeper understanding erase the difficulty?
    Let's see if I can make an analogy here. You have two kids. The parent says to one "you are both my children, but I love him more. He is the 'chosen' one." At a later time, the "chosen" one goes through a rebellion of some sort and the parent rethinks this arrangement and tells the rebellious one that he loves the other one better because you have rejected him and made him feel badly.

    It's crappy parenting.
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Joined
    31 Jul '01
    Moves
    91452
    13 Oct '07 07:26
    One other thing. I've got realy problems with the Cain and Abel story. This is more crappy parenting of pitting one against the other.
  8. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    55285
    13 Oct '07 09:13
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    My understanding is, the Jews are God's chosen people, and in all respects are preeminent to Christians. The only reason we are able to join in on the party is because God's chosen people rejected their King, and He poured out his grace on us (the Gentiles) in order to make the Jews jealous. If they had not rejected Him, then Christ's reign would have ...[text shortened]... are preeminent in God's plan, even though they may not have believed in Jesus Christ (yet).
    I wonder if the locals in Afghanistan and Iraq reckon this is the age of grace?
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Joined
    02 Aug '04
    Moves
    8702
    13 Oct '07 11:49
    I don't see how a Christian could think otherwise. Of course, the wording is harsh, but that's not the point. In a Christian perspective, Jewish beliefs have common grounds with Christianity but are lacking in a very fundamental point.

    Hence, 'imperfect', even if not 'wrong'.
  10. Felicific Forest
    Joined
    15 Dec '02
    Moves
    23709
    13 Oct '07 12:28
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/10/11/coulter-christians-as-perfected-jews/index.html?ex=1349755200&en=6259f2a9d58e2c41&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

    So, what do Christians think? Does this viewpoint reflect how you view you, your faith, and
    your Scriptures?

    Nemesio
    Ann Coulter: " .... but that is what Christians consider themselves: perfected Jews."

    Ms Coulter should speak for herself. It's utter rubbish.
  11. Felicific Forest
    Joined
    15 Dec '02
    Moves
    23709
    13 Oct '07 12:32
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    My understanding is, the Jews are God's chosen people, and in all respects are preeminent to Christians. The only reason we are able to join in on the party is because God's chosen people rejected their King, and He poured out his grace on us (the Gentiles) in order to make the Jews jealous. If they had not rejected Him, then Christ's reign would have ...[text shortened]... are preeminent in God's plan, even though they may not have believed in Jesus Christ (yet).
    Again proof that we desperately need The Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Chuch to prevent us from believing and spreading nonsense.
  12. Felicific Forest
    Joined
    15 Dec '02
    Moves
    23709
    13 Oct '07 12:35
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Let's see if I can make an analogy here. You have two kids. The parent says to one "you are both my children, but I love him more. He is the 'chosen' one." At a later time, the "chosen" one goes through a rebellion of some sort and the parent rethinks this arrangement and tells the rebellious one that he loves the other one better because you have rejected him and made him feel badly.

    It's crappy parenting.
    Maybe your interpretation is crappy ..... and therefore your conclusion is crappy.
  13. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Joined
    02 Aug '04
    Moves
    8702
    13 Oct '07 13:26
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    Ann Coulter: " .... but that is what Christians consider themselves: perfected Jews."

    Ms Coulter should speak for herself. It's utter rubbish.
    As a Christian, do you not consider that Jewish beliefs are incomplete and, therefore, imperfect?
  14. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Joined
    31 Jul '01
    Moves
    91452
    13 Oct '07 14:31
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    Maybe your interpretation is crappy ..... and therefore your conclusion is crappy.
    Why was Cain's offering not good enough? Enlighten us.
  15. Territories Unknown
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    13 Oct '07 14:36
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Why was Cain's offering not good enough? Enlighten us.
    Because it wasn't as proscribed. In arrogance, he opted to give what he wanted, not what God demanded. In the test of his soul, he failed.
Back to Top