1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 14:53
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So to the dead person, this distinction makes a differance? That person is supposed to feel better now knowing he wasn't killed because he left the faith, merely for not worshipping Jesus?
    Eh? The conclusions you jump to are not supported by anything you have read. Must be the voices in your head.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 14:54
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    The ignorance of Scripture here is appalling. If you are going to quote Scripture, at least know something of the isagogics involved. For the record, sonhouse's original argument was as follows:

[i]Ok, so I assume you think its ok to kill someone who leaves one of the big three religions? Seems to be in the the Quran, and the bible,
    old testement, y ...[text shortened]... are attempting to apply it; it was intended for those who worshipped false gods specifically.
    Are you going to answer twitheads question: Do you think its ok in some circumstances to kill someone for leaving the faith, whatever it is?
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 15:02
    Are you going to answer twitheads question: Do you think its ok in some circumstances to kill someone for leaving the faith, whatever it is?
    Are you serious?
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 15:09
    Are you serious?
    Well you never answered the question. Also just curious, skeeter aside, if you think men landed on the moon.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 15:31
    Well you never answered the question. Also just curious, skeeter aside, if you think men landed on the moon.
    There are some questions that do not dignify a response. When someone poses a question which displays an obvoius lack of study and/or thoughtful consideration, I do not consider myself obligated to respond. That is the case in this situation, given the self-evident nature of the texts involved.

As far as the man on the moon...

I watched the broadcast on television back in the 60's. It looked as real as anything I'd ever seen on television. While skeeter makes some compelling arguments against the logistics involved, none of the datum used is sourced for verification. Furthermore, as the necessity of a faked landing hasn't been fleshed out, I err on the side of caution and take the claim at its face.

Additionally, the issue of relevance needs to be considered. As there is little relevance to a lunar landing one way or another, I really couldn't care less. It was cool when I was a kid to want to grow up and be an astronaut, but the day to day of it makes what I do much more rewarding.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 15:37
    There are some questions that do not dignify a response. When someone poses a question which displays an obvoius lack of study and/or thoughtful consideration, I do not consider myself obligated to respond. That is the case in this situation, given the self-evident nature of the texts involved.

As far as the man on the moon...

I watched the broadca ...[text shortened]... o grow up and be an astronaut, but the day to day of it makes what I do much more rewarding.
    Ok fair enough. I will take it you would never kill because of faith. At least you are not another frothing at the mouth skeeter when it comes to moon travel.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 15:41
    Ok fair enough. I will take it you would never kill because of faith. At least you are not another frothing at the mouth skeeter when it comes to moon travel.
    She probably listens to (what used to be) Art Bell's Coast To Coast, and could regale all of us with myriad conspiracy stories on any manner of subjects.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 16:19
    She probably listens to (what used to be) Art Bell's Coast To Coast, and could regale all of us with myriad conspiracy stories on any manner of subjects.
    She was probably devastated when the show left the air! BTW Art Bell is a ham. I forget his call but he has been heard on the ham bands.
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 16:38
    I forget his call but he has been heard on the ham bands.
    Sue-eee?
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 18:02
    Sue-eee?
    I guess you don't know what a ham is. Amateur radio operator, like CB'er who operate on the 27 Mhz band, you know, the 40 channel dudes? 10-4 good buddy, bear coming up behind you, etc?
    Well Hams have to take a pretty hard electronics test and morse code test but then get access to a lot more frequencies from 2 Mhz to 200 GHz. Know what I am talking about now?
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 18:07
    I guess you don't know what a ham is. Amateur radio operator, like CB'er who operate on the 27 Mhz band, you know, the 40 channel dudes? 10-4 good buddy, bear coming up behind you, etc?
    Well Hams have to take a pretty hard electronics test and morse code test but then get access to a lot more frequencies from 2 Mhz to 200 GHz. Know what I am talking about now?
    My granddad was a ham radio operator, so I was familiar prior to your explanation. "Sue-eee" is a type of hog call. Hog is a type of pig. Ham is a pig by-product. Stick with me, boy.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 18:09
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Do you think that violating a law in the old testament was necessarily a sin? If so was Jesus (as a jew) subject to these laws?
    maybe i should read the other thread first as i still don't get this Jew thing. i guess i have to learn more (which i don't really want to unless i have to) before i can answer these questions. on a related note i believe God writes His law on our hearts for the way we should live.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 18:38
    My granddad was a ham radio operator, so I was familiar prior to your explanation. "Sue-eee" is a type of hog call. Hog is a type of pig. Ham is a pig by-product. Stick with me, boy.
    I was aware.
  14. Mississauga, Ontario
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 19:45
    George Norrey is still going...

With my insomnia, it's good for a few laughs at 2 AM.
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 20:38
    Originally posted by Tetsujin
    George Norrey is still going...

With my insomnia, it's good for a few laughs at 2 AM.
    So is George playing up any type of conspiracy of which we sould ve aware?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree