Christians: what do you doubt about Islam?

Christians: what do you doubt about Islam?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Jan 22
1 edit

@contenchess said
It's Odin.

Pagan Viking God.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odin
I inherited the bust from my sister. I think it's of the old man of the sea. It used to have a pipe, but it broke off, so I rolled a cigarette and stuck it in the hole, half smoked.

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@josephw said
The existence of everything provides no evidence for anything. Apparently.
"The existence of everything", including human consciousness, can be seen as evidence of a creator entity. I certainly think it's the strongest evidence that theists have.

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
But is there any evidence at all? Forget whether you think it’s credible
"Evidence" that Gabriel met Muhammad? It's in the Islamic "holy scriptures".

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
And if they’re gonna make that claim about their text(s) being “divinely inspired,” they should be able to back it up.
Why do they have to do that? Why must it be "backed up" to your satisfaction? You have your faith, they have theirs.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@fmf said
You are just curious what the "evidence" is that Gabriel met Muhammad? Well, it's in their religious text. That, in and of itself, is "evidence" is it not?
Who wrote their religious text? Upon what was the alleged meeting between Gabriel and Muhammad based? Only Muhammad’s say so?

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@josephw said
That's really sad FMF.

I thought of something comical to say about that, but it's just too sad a thing to joke about.
Romans1009: What’s the evidence for the alleged event that defines Islam?

FMF: There is no "evidence" that persuades me.

josephw: That's really sad FMF.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@fmf said
"Evidence" that Gabriel met Muhammad? It's in the Islamic "holy scriptures".
Who wrote them?

Upon what is the alleged meeting between Gabriel and Muhammad based? Only Muhammad’s say so?

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Who wrote their religious text? Upon what was the alleged meeting between Gabriel and Muhammad based? Only Muhammad’s say so?
What does it matter? If it is, as Muslims believe, "divinely inspired", it matters not if it does not persuade non-Muslims.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@fmf said
Romans1009: What’s the evidence for the alleged event that defines Islam?

FMF: There is no "evidence" that persuades me.

josephw: That's really sad FMF.
I see you’re starting to whizz in the pool. That didn’t take long.

It’s what you do whenever you’re losing an argument and getting flustered and upset.

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Who wrote them?

Upon what is the alleged meeting between Gabriel and Muhammad based? Only Muhammad’s say so?
You made the same post twice within 30 seconds.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Jan 22

@fmf said
"The existence of everything", including human consciousness, can be seen as evidence of a creator entity. I certainly think it's the strongest evidence that theists have.
That's not a bad start.

I'll refrain from using scripture and appeal to reason and logic on a philosophical platform, but not on science.

If all that exists; space, matter and time, suddenly ceased to exist, what would remain?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@fmf said
What does it matter? If it is, as Muslims believe, "divinely inspired", it matters not if it does not persuade non-Muslims.
I’m responding and posting in the context of the OP. You seem to have drifted well afield of it.

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@josephw said
That's really sad FMF.
Why is it "really sad" that there is no "evidence" that persuades me that Gabriel met Muhammad?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@fmf said
You made the same post twice within 30 seconds.
I’m trying to focus your attention on the OP.

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@josephw said
That's not a bad start.
It isn't a "start". I have been sharing this perspective with you for more than 12 years.