1. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 23:111 edit
    @vivify said
    Can any Christians explain why they believe Islam is false?

Note: I'm not asking what about Islam you dislike or disagree with.
    Merely disliking or disagreeing with something in the Bible doesn't make it false, does it? Likewise with Islam.

Christians: what specifically, in your view, makes Islam a false religion?
    'Do you think Islam is a false religion?'
    'Yes.'
    'Why?'
    'Because there's no evidence for it.'
    'What about the Koran?'
    'That's just a book, it's not evidence.'
    'So are you a Christian then?'
    'Oh yes.'
    'Why are you a Christian?'
    'Because I believe all the evidence for the resurrection of Christ.'
    'What evidence?'
    'It's written in the bible.'
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 00:00
    @indonesia-phil said
    'Do you think Islam is a false religion?'
    'Yes.'
    'Why?'
    'Because there's no evidence for it.'
    'What about the Koran?'
    'That's just a book, it's not evidence.'
    'So are you a Christian then?'
    'Oh yes.'
    'Why are you a Christian?'
    'Because I believe all the evidence for the resurrection of Christ.'
    'What evidence?'
    'It's written in the bible.'
    Yes, it is written in the Bible that is part of it; none of my complaints are with Islam are because it is written it is what it says about Christ. There is much going for the NT scriptures supporting its history than many other works of years gone by, and much about the scriptures themselves supports their truthfulness.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 00:07
    @kellyjay said
    Yes, it is written in the Bible that is part of it; none of my complaints are with Islam are because it is written it is what it says about Christ.
    The Muslim view of Christ is that the Christians misinterpreted who he was and the Jews mistakenly rejected him. They see Muhammad as restoring the true belief and worship of the Abrahamic God.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 01:26
    @fmf said
    The Muslim view of Christ is that the Christians misinterpreted who he was and the Jews mistakenly rejected him. They see Muhammad as restoring the true belief and worship of the Abrahamic God.
    Yes, sort of the same thing the Mormon church says; however, restoring assumes something left or was gone, they think God misplaced something, lost track of something? Do they think Jesus somehow Jesus stopped being the Shepard of His people, and while He was leading His sheep, they all got lost?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 01:36
    @kellyjay said
    restoring assumes something left or was gone, they think God misplaced something, lost track of something?
    No. They think the Jews and Christians went astray and that the true faith needed to be restored. They don't "think God misplaced something", they think people went astray.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 01:36
    @kellyjay said
    Do they think Jesus somehow Jesus stopped being the Shepard of His people, and while He was leading His sheep, they all got lost?
    They think Jesus was the penultimate prophet.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 01:44
    @fmf said
    No. They think the Jews and Christians went astray and that the true faith needed to be restored. They don't "think God misplaced something", they think people went astray.
    If Jesus is the Good Shepard, having His sheep get lost or running astray means He is not so good of a Shepard, especially since one of His talking points was going after the lost sheep.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 01:46
    @fmf said
    They think Jesus was the penultimate prophet.
    Yes, Jesus is in many religions as something; they all want to have Him in their doctrine.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 01:54
    @kellyjay said
    Yes, Jesus is in many religions as something; they all want to have Him in their doctrine.
    The only Abrahamic religions he's "in" are Islam and Christianity.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 01:56
    @kellyjay said
    If Jesus is the Good Shepard, having His sheep get lost or running astray means He is not so good of a Shepard, especially since one of His talking points was going after the lost sheep.
    Muslims don't have any problem with Jesus. Their view is that Christians got his identity and significance wrong.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 02:09
    @fmf said
    Muslims don't have any problem with Jesus. Their view is that Christians got his identity and significance wrong.
    Many people who claim to be or are Christians feel the same way.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 02:16
    @kellyjay said
    Many people who claim to be or are Christians feel the same way.
    If they "feel the same way" about Jesus as Muslims do then maybe they should convert to Islam.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 02:49
    @fmf said
    If they "feel the same way" about Jesus as Muslims do then maybe they should convert to Islam.
    Hardly, my point is that some think He is God; some do not; they believe He is just a created guy, which is dangerously close to what some of the other world religions say. A highly enlightened guy, just not God in the flesh.

Christianity has Him dying and rising from the grave; that isn't what Islam teaches; they say He didn't die on the cross; it only appeared so if I'm not mistaken. Some even believing He is created still think He is called the Son of God, just not God.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 03:02
    @kellyjay said
    Christianity has Him dying and rising from the grave; that isn't what Islam teaches; they say He didn't die on the cross; it only appeared so if I'm not mistaken.
    Yes. Christianity and Islam view Jesus differently.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree