Christians: what do you doubt about Islam?

Christians: what do you doubt about Islam?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@fmf said
I don't think religion X is made false because it's different from religion Y. It's all a matter of faith.
You’re changing the subject.

We were talking about how Christianity and Islam differ in their beliefs.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@fmf said
Of course it is. But I am not claiming to be responding to the subject matter as a Christian.
So if an OP was addressed to atheists and I started spouting off, even though I’m not an atheist, you’d be perfectly Ok with that?

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
We were talking about how Christianity and Islam differ in their beliefs.
So am I. The fact that I am talking about it in a different way from you seems to be somewhat of an obstacle to you.

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
So if an OP was addressed to atheists and I started spouting off, even though I’m not an atheist, you’d be perfectly Ok with that?
Theists and atheists contribute to pretty much every single thread and engage with pretty much all topics on this forum and always have. I see no problem with it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@fmf said
So am I. The fact that I am talking about it in a different way from you seems to be somewhat of an obstacle to you.
Not an obstacle at all.

You’re retreating back to a moot point, a point that was already refuted.

And that moot, refuted point was that evidence for each religion is of the same weight and validity.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@fmf said
Theists and atheists contribute to pretty much every single thread and engage with pretty much all topics on this forum and always have. I see no problem with it.
You’re ignoring that this OP was specifically addressed to Christians. Most OPs aren’t specifically addressed to a particular group.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Jan 22

@fmf said
Why is it "really sad" that there is no "evidence" that persuades me that Gabriel met Muhammad?
That's not it.

It's sad that "...there is no evidence that persuades you..."

Just messin' wit it.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Jan 22

@fmf said
Contributing random out-of-context posts is you selling yourself short, josephw.
I guess I'm just in that mood.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Jan 22

@fmf said
It isn't a "start". I have been sharing this perspective with you for more than 12 years.
It's not a bad start for today!

So how about answering the question?

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@josephw said
So how about answering the question?
Start a thread about it.

Moves
18 Jan 22

@josephw said

Romans 9:7
Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
Abraham had a son by Hagar. Ishmael. Islam traces its beginnings back to Abraham via Ishmael.
Isaac was the son of promise, and his descendants are the Jews through whom Jesus came directly from Adam to Mary, biologically, according to the flesh.
I hope that clears things up a bit.
Sounds like predestination to me!

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
You’re ignoring that this OP was specifically addressed to Christians. Most OPs aren’t specifically addressed to a particular group.
There's no reason why anybody can't contribute to this thread or indeed any thread.

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
You’re retreating back to a moot point, a point that was already refuted.
You haven't "refuted" anything. We've just disagreed, that's all.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Jan 22

@divegeester said
Sounds like predestination to me!
You're taking predestination out of context now.

Romans 9:7 isn't a predestination proof text.

It's relative to the question of the sovereignty of God.

God's sovereignty is relative to the orchestration of events to bring about God's plan of redemption, as is in the case of Romans 9:7.

Predestination is relative to its object, which specifically concerns the transformation of the believer to the image of Christ.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Jan 22

@fmf said
There's no reason why anybody can't contribute to this thread or indeed any thread.
What if they can't read or write?