Christians: what do you doubt about Islam?

Christians: what do you doubt about Islam?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
I’m responding and posting in the context of the OP. You seem to have drifted well afield of it.
Nope. I haven't drifted away from the OP at all.

Contentious

Moves
18 Jan 22
4 edits

@josephw said
I inherited the bust from my sister. I think it's of the old man of the sea. It used to have a pipe, but it broke off, so I rolled a cigarette and stuck it in the hole, half smoked.
I'm not entirely sure but Odin would disguise himself as an old poor man and I think he also had a pipe.

Maybe your sister played a religious trick on you?
You could be the owner of an Odin statue 🤔
I assume you are Christian and that would be against your religion to own an Odin statue/bust.

Is he wearing a cloak and broad hat? Only one eye?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Jan 22

@fmf said
Romans1009: What’s the evidence for the alleged event that defines Islam?

FMF: There is no "evidence" that persuades me.

josephw: That's really sad FMF.
I can see now I shouldn't have replied to your post.

My reply was solely addressed to your comment, and not to the context in which it was made.

Contentious

Moves
18 Jan 22
1 edit

@contenchess said
@vivify

Surah 8:42 and 8:47

In the Koran it says the commanding general will receive 1/5 th of the spoils of war.

Very convenient for Mohammed to be the commanding general when God told him this law 🙄 which was "revealed" right after the Battle of Badr.

"Mohammed!! We have won the Battle!! Look at these riches!"

"...um ya...about that...God said I get 1/5 th so uh...just put it in my tent 😏"
I can't wait for vivify to explain that one ⬆️

It's surah 8

(8:42 and 8:47 are probably not where it explains that Mohammed gets 1/5 th of the spoils if war...but it is in there somewhere)

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@josephw said
I can see now I shouldn't have replied to your post.My reply was solely addressed to your comment, and not to the context in which it was made.
Contributing random out-of-context posts is you selling yourself short, josephw.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@fmf said
Nope. I haven't drifted away from the OP at all.
Well, first of all, the OP was addressed to Christians, so, right off the bat, you’re not responding properly to it.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Jan 22

@contenchess said
I'm not entirely sure but Odin would disguise himself as an old poor man and I think he also had a pipe.

Maybe your sister played a religious trick on you?
You could be the owner of an Odin statue 🤔
I assume you are Christian and that would be against your religion to own an Odin statue/bust.
My "religion" doesn't prohibit owning a work of art. It prohibits the worship of other gods.

My sister didn't actually will the bust to me. After she died my brothers and other sister simply went through her belongings and had a wonderful time giving it all to each other.

I think the bust was originally my fathers. He was a career naval officer. You know, WW2, Korea, Vietnam. He sailed the world over.

I'm fairly certain it's a bust of an old sailor. But it looks just like your avatar.

Who knows, maybe there are some vestiges of the Odin mythology in the icon of the "old man of the sea".

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@vivify said
I'm not asking what about Islam you dislike or disagree with.
Merely disliking or disagreeing with something in the Bible doesn't make it false, does it? Likewise with Islam.
Islamic teaching ~ which concerns the supposed will of God [i.e. the Abrahamic God], as communicated to humans by what Muslims believe were God's 20+ prophets - including Moses, Noah, Solomon, Jonah, Elijah, Elisha, Zechariah, John, Jesus, and Muhammad ~ places, front and centre, a belief in the Oneness of God, that God is the creator of all things, all-powerful, and all-knowing. They believe that God has no offspring, and has no race or gender and no body, and he is unaffected by the characteristics or attributes of human life. Only one aspect of this MIGHT be seen as false by Christians.

F

Moves
18 Jan 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
Well, first of all, the OP was addressed to Christians, so, right off the bat, you’re not responding properly to it.
I am responding to the subject matter as an agnostic atheist.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@fmf said
Islamic teaching ~ which concerns the supposed will of God [i.e. the Abrahamic God], as communicated to humans by what Muslims believe were God's 20+ prophets - including Moses, Noah, Solomon, Jonah, Elijah, Elisha, Zechariah, John, Jesus, and Muhammad ~ places, front and centre, a belief in the Oneness of God, that God is the creator of all things, all-powerful, and all-knowing ...[text shortened]... teristics or attributes of human life. Only one aspect of this MIGHT be seen as false by Christians.
How is salvation obtained in Islam?

Do Muslims believe Jesus was/is the Son of God?

Do Muslims believe God’s Holy Spirit indwells believers?

Do Muslims believe in the Resurrection of Jesus Christ?

Those are four important differences off the top of my head.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@fmf said
I am responding to the subject matter as an agnostic atheist.
And the OP was addressed to Christians.

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
How is salvation obtained in Islam?

Do Muslims believe Jesus was/is the Son of God?

Do Muslims believe God’s Holy Spirit indwells believers?

Do Muslims believe in the Resurrection of Jesus Christ?
I suggest you Google it.

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Those are four important differences off the top of my head.
I don't think religion X is made false because it's different from religion Y. It's all a matter of faith.

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
And the OP was addressed to Christians.
Of course it is. But I am not claiming to be responding to the subject matter as a Christian.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@fmf said
I suggest you Google it.
I don’t need to.

Those are all differences between Christianity and Islam, and I’m sure there are plenty more.