1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    09 Jul '18 20:262 edits
    Analogous to mansplaining, Christiansplaining is the careful and thorough (if condescending) explaining by a Christian of an aspect of the world to a non-Christian, using multiple mutually supportive Biblical citations, when it is the non-Christian’s view that it is the Bible itself that is highly dubious, if not outright bogus, as a source of knowledge about the world.

Analogous also to atheistsplaining.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jul '18 21:354 edits
    Originally posted by @js357
    Analogous to mansplaining, Christiansplaining is the careful and thorough (if condescending) explaining by a Christian of an aspect of the world to a non-Christian, using multiple mutually supportive Biblical citations, when it is the non-Christian’s view that it is the Bible itself that is highly dubious, if not outright bogus, as a source of knowledge about the world.

I think during the last twenty some centuries there must have been some success in communication.
    Christians are still -splaining in so many major languages on earth.

My bolding -

The Bible has been translated into many languages from the biblical languages of Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek. As of October 2017 the full Bible has been translated into 670 languages, the New Testament alone into 1521 languages and Bible portions or stories into 1121 other languages.
    Bible translations - Wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_translations
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jul '18 02:54
    Christiansplaining ...using multiple mutually supportive Biblical citations
    There is no escaping the fact that Christiansplaining has its roots firmly embedded in circular logic, psychology and anthropology.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jul '18 03:35
    Atheistsplaining is rooted in reminding theists - with all their talk of divine laws, threats, rewards, punishments, and ~ of course ~ immortality - that atheists lack belief in all that supernatural conjecture despite the generous dollops of circular logic and the psychology and anthropology that has given rise to the proliferation of theist brands and flavours all around the world and all the way down through history.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Jul '18 08:42

Whatever you call it is shameful and dour. Christiansplainin on this forum often betrays the commanments or belief system they puport to uphold.

They recycle the same spurious arguments year in year out . The athiests are more intelligent which is always a step in the right direction.

Many lessons are also contained in these threads. Truly quality stuff. But for those that cannot treat the least of us as the best of us , or at least give them a fair go, you miss out because you choose not to see.

Those that are capable of relative intelligence I welcome you, those that seek to undermine repeatedly I shun you. Either way the grown ups have things to do
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Jul '18 08:43
    Originally posted by @sonship
    I think during the last twenty some centuries there must have been some success in communication.
    Christians are still -splaining in so many major languages on earth.

My bolding -

The Bible has been translated into many languages from the biblical languages of Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek. As of October 2017 the full Bible has ...[text shortened]... ages.
    Bible translations - Wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_translations
    Thats propaganda they're splaining
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jul '18 11:40
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Thats propaganda they're splaining
    You're in some kind of denial.

The communication of Who Christ is and What He has done marches on.

You'll never be able to create a message to out win the hearts of people thirsty for truth.

Behind the splaining is a living Person of the Spirit of Christ in resurrection, to confirm, to indwell, to verify inwardly, and to convict the open hearted listener that what she is hearing is the truth from God.

Let me explain now something to you. World history is headed for its last ditch attempt to throw off the influence of the Son of God. The Antichrist will do his best, empowered by Satan, to rid the world of the Gospel of Christ.

In doing so Antichrist will even be indirectly used by God to destroy corrupted Christianity. This is in Revelation 17.

So you may live to see what appears to you to be unparalleled uprising and war against Jesus Christ.

But like Hitler reaching for a cloud, alas, the Antichrist and his false prophet too will have victory snatched from their hands by Christ appearing over the Holy Land in glory crushing His enemies and establishing His kingdom over the globe.

What are you going to do then ?
    I suggest you come to be on the winning side of history.
    Receive Jesus as Lord.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jul '18 12:06
    Let me explain now something to you. World history is headed for its last ditch attempt to throw off the influence of the Son of God. The Antichrist will do his best, empowered by Satan, to rid the world of the Gospel of Christ. In doing so Antichrist will even be indirectly used by God to destroy corrupted Christianity. This is in Revelation 17. So you ...[text shortened]... ng over the Holy Land in glory crushing His enemies and establishing His kingdom over the globe.
    How many converts do you think you have made here in ten years of splainingstuff like this? You believe I have caused maybe hundreds to face "damnation" for talking about my lack of belief; how many people have you saved from "damnation" at RHP? Hundreds, thousands? More than that? Less? How many of the hundreds you say I may have doomed to "Hell" because they read my posts on this forum [you remember claiming that, yes?] - how many do you think you've pulled back from the brink that I supposedly brought them to? Dozens? Also hundreds?
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Jul '18 12:12

You'll never be able to create a message to out win the hearts of people thirsty for truth.

Behind the splaining is a living Person of the Spirit of Christ in resurrection, to confirm, to indwell, to verify inwardly, and to convict the open he ...[text shortened]... to do then ?
    Receive Jesus as Lord.
    Denying false propaganda ?

Denying wishful thinking ?

Denying heresay and gossip ? Speculation ? Assumption?

Your shtick is church propaganda pure and simple .
    You have zero power over me with your words because I know my life and have seen the fruits of following a Christian spirit.
    I dont do abstractions. I dont pursue dodgy doctrines . I dont assume to know any more than I know . Knowledge is power because it reflects that which is true , far more powerful than just repeating the name of a prophet and teacher
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jul '18 12:181 edit
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I am happy to know that as worldlings count, somebody / somebodies preached and about 24 million believers are in Indonesia as a result.

That is wonderful. God always leaves Himself a testimony.

If you are longing for a life's meaningful work you should pray and ask God how you could help some of them to live Christ.

You know He did say that the first would be last and the last would be first.

How wonderful it would be if one day I saw Christ award YOU above me for your faith and service to His kingdom.

That would be wonderful!
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Jul '18 12:25

Behind the splaining is a living Person of the Spirit of Christ in resurrection, to confirm, to indwell, to verify inwardly, and to convict the open he ...[text shortened]... to do then ?
    Receive Jesus as Lord.
    I'm not here to win hearts.

The Lord would prefer a win/win situation for all his children , no matter how misguided they may be.
    You continue to jump in at the deep end without having any direction or purpose.

You repeatedly use the words of the bible to fracture and disempower rather than unify and enlighten.
    You show me respect at times and that is noble but you are pig-headed and destructive . You seem to think you are right and others like Rajk are wrong which is incomprehensible to me.

Develop the spirit of a true student of life and never ever forget that.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Jul '18 12:27
    I am happy to know that as worldlings count, somebody / somebodies preached and about 24 million believers are in Indonesia as a result.

If you are longing for a life's meaningful work you should pray and ask God how you could help some of them to live Christ.

You know He did say that ...[text shortened]... Christ award YOU above me for your faith and service to His kingdom.

That would be wonderful!
    Wishful thinking . On cue
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jul '18 12:29

You know He did say that ...[text shortened]... Christ award YOU above me for your faith and service to His kingdom.

That would be wonderful!
    If we are both wrong about the Islamic faith, and it is the true revelation and design of a creator being after all, then "God" will probably be reasonably happy with the 87% of the Indonesian population who've got it right. If we are both wrong about Islam, then it means only 13% of the population here has latched onto the wrong religion.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jul '18 12:32
    But I am not a Christian, sonship. How would such things be "meaningful work" to a non-believer? Can people escape your threats of "damnation" by going through the motions and pretending to believe the things you believe? No, I didn't think so. What on earth would be "meaningful" about such "work" to people without the beliefs you have?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jul '18 12:34
    How wonderful it would be if one day I saw Christ award YOU above me for your faith and service to His kingdom.
    Do you actually believe that "Christ" is going to give you an "award" for posting here on this chess website and for similar activities?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree