1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 03:32
    Originally posted by mjolnir
    Out of interest, what would you do if a man claimed to be a prophet sent by Allah and said that Muhammad received the garbled translation? This is obviously unlikely, but I'd be rather interested in how Islam would respond.
    How would Islam respond? It would respond Along Rushdie style.
  2. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 05:40
    Out of interest, what would you do if a man claimed to be a prophet sent by Allah and said that Muhammad received the garbled translation? This is obviously unlikely, but I'd be rather interested in how Islam would respond.
    They'd bomb something. 😕
  3. At the Revolution
    Moves
    29 Dec '09 15:34
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    [b]1. More people have died in Jesus' name than anyone else's. Does that mean that nobody who kills is Christian?

so what, just because they worship the messenger (or say they do) it doesn't mean they're following the message.

3. Most terrorists are not Muslim; terrorism is fairly equal throughout the political spectrum

that's a non ...[text shortened]... mple, me).[/b]

is it fair to say there is a certain degree of anti-semitism involved?[/b]
    so what, just because they worship the messenger (or say they do) it doesn't mean they're following the message.

Really? Given the number of massacres carried out in the Old Testament, I'd like to dispute that.

that's a non-sequitur, nobody's talking politics, regardless of politics there is a great deal of islamic terrorist groups out there, why is that? are muslims somohow inclined to be violent?

You mentioned terrorists. You were the one that brought politics into it. I was disputing what you said.

yes, but having all faith in the world doesn't give you an excuse to kill innocent people. but then again, he didn't kill in the name of God, he killed political opponents, thats completely different.

Apparently you weren't alive before 1975. He claimed to be defending Spain from the godless and anti-Catholic.

is it fair to say there is a certain degree of anti-semitism involved?

In some cases, yes. However, don't make it into an anti-Semitic vs. non-anti-Semitic thing.
  4. At the Revolution
    Moves
    29 Dec '09 15:34
    Have you ever heard of the Bahai faith?
  5. Pepperland
    Moves
    29 Dec '09 18:151 edit
    Originally posted by scherzo
    [b]so what, just because they worship the messenger (or say they do) it doesn't mean they're following the message.

Really? Given the number of massacres carried out in the Old Testament, I'd like to dispute that.

that's a non-sequitur, nobody's talking politics, regardless of politics there is a great deal of islamic terrorist groups out there, ome cases, yes. However, don't make it into an anti-Semitic vs. non-anti-Semitic thing.

what does that have to do with anything?
    The alleged actions of some jews more than a thousand years ago were somehow influential in Franco's treatment of political opponents? I doubt it.

You mentioned terrorists. You were the one that brought politics into it. I was disputing what you said.

their terrorism is also based on their religion, isn't Islam's treatment of infidels known to be harsh?

Apparently you weren't alive before 1975. He claimed to be defending Spain from the godless and anti-Catholic.

No, I wasn't. The godless and anti-catholic, aka communists.

In some cases, yes

there you go, you said it yourself!

generalissimo- 1
    scherzo- 0
  6. At the Revolution
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 16:27

The alleged actions of some jews more than a thousand years ago were somehow influential in Franco's treatment of political opponents? I doubt it.

You mentioned terrorists. You were the one that broug ...[text shortened]... some cases, yes

generalissimo- 1
    scherzo- 0[/b]

Noah's Flood? Sodom and Gomorrah? Samson's massacre? I didn't necessarily say they influenced Franco in particular, but all this violence can't be a good influence.

their terrorism is also based on their religion, isn't Islam's treatment of infidels known to be harsh?

No. I'm not disputing that some Muslims have hard feelings toward so-called "infidels" based on nothing more than religion. But it's far from the general ideology of Muslims.

No, I wasn't. The godless and anti-catholic, aka communists.

And Protestants, and Jews, and atheists, and Muslims.

You read selectively, my friend.

Gen: 0
    Sch: 0

Still going.
  7. Pepperland
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 18:251 edit
    [b]what does that have to do with anything?

Noah's Flood? Sodom and Gomorrah? Samson's massacre? I didn't necessarily say they influenced Franco in particular, but all this violence can't be a good influe yourself![/b]

Still going.[/b]
    Noah's Flood? Sodom and Gomorrah? Samson's massacre? I didn't necessarily say they influenced Franco in particular, but all this violence can't be a good influence.

It was normals for the standards of the day. Only a fool would take these stories literally, or as an excuse for violence.
    Also, what about "love thy neighbor" did Franco completely ignore this despite being a so-called christian?

No. I'm not disputing that some Muslims have hard feelings toward so-called "infidels" based on nothing more than religion. But it's far from the general ideology of Muslims.

Well, I haven't seen many muslims condenming the actions of extremists, do they turn a blind eye or do they secretly support these actions?

Still going.

when did I do that? any evidence?

gen: 2
    scherzo: 0
  8. At the Revolution
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 01:25
    [b]Noah's Flood? Sodom and Gomorrah? Samson's massacre? I didn't necessarily say they influenced Franco in particular, but all this violence can't be a good influence.

It was normals for the standards of the day. Only a fool would take these stories literally, or as an excuse for violence.
    Also, what about "love thy neighbor" did Franco compl ...[text shortened]... Sch: 0

Still going.[/b]

gen: 2
    scherzo: 0[/b]

So was polygamy in Mohammed's day, yet people still spout that as if it indicts the Prophet or the entire religion.

Also, what about "love thy neighbor" did Franco completely ignore this despite being a so-called christian?

Maybe he just took it too literally. Spain had good relations with Portugal under Franco and Salazar, respectively.

Well, I haven't seen many muslims condenming the actions of extremists, do they turn a blind eye or do they secretly support these actions?

From what sources do you not see this? Because they do.

I said very clearly, "in some cases," which means, "not in all cases."
  9. At the Revolution
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 01:27
    Gen, I hope you know that this thread is a farce. But I hope that you or anyone else never mention "Islamofascism" on this forum again.
  10. Pepperland
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 17:14
    [b]It was normals for the standards of the day. Only a fool would take these stories literally, or as an excuse for violence.

So was polygamy in Mohammed's day, yet people still spout that as if it indicts the Prophet or the entire religion.

Also, what about "love thy neighbor" did Franco completely ignore this despite being a so-called christia ...[text shortened]... evidence?

I said very clearly, "in some cases," which means, "not in all cases."[/b]

you're right.

Maybe he just took it too literally. Spain had good relations with Portugal under Franco and Salazar, respectively

good one.

Because they do.

you might well be right, but I haven't seen any.

I said very clearly, "in some cases," which means, "not in all cases."

but you still said I did it.
  11. Pepperland
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 17:15
    Gen, I hope you know that this thread is a farce. But I hope that you or anyone else never mention "Islamofascism" on this forum again.
    Yes, I do know that. can I mention it on the debates?
  12. At the Revolution
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 01:17
    [b]So was polygamy in Mohammed's day, yet people still spout that as if it indicts the Prophet or the entire religion.

you're right.

Maybe he just took it too literally. Spain had good relations with Portugal under Franco and Salazar, respectively

good one.

Because they do.

you might well be right, but I haven't seen ...[text shortened]... ly, "in some cases," which means, "not in all cases."[/b]

but you still said I did it.[/b]
    good one.

OK, so maybe Franco needed to reread the New Testament. He was still very Christian.

you might well be right, but I haven't seen any

Then you've not been looking very carefully.

but you still said I did it.

I never said you did anything. I just said that some terrorists, including Islamic ones, are anti-Semitic and use anti-Semitism as justification for their crimes. You seemed to take that as the mainstream opinion.
  13. At the Revolution
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 01:17
    Yes, I do know that. can I mention it on the debates?
    NO!
  14. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 07:11
    NO!
    I hope you know my comment was a joke.
  15. At the Revolution
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 21:58
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    I hope you know my comment was a joke.
    I was replying to generalissimo.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree