1. At the Revolution
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 21:59
    Now, can I ask that everyone on this forum, particularly generalissimo, Rajk999, and phil3000, to not say the word "Islamofascism" or any form thereof again!!?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 22:03
    Originally posted by scherzo
    Now, can I ask that everyone on this forum, particularly generalissimo, Rajk999, and phil3000, to not say the word "Islamofascism" or any form thereof again!!?
    What is Islamofascism?
  3. At the Revolution
    Moves
    03 Jan '10 00:061 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What is Islamofascism?
    A lie.

Basically, the definition according to its proponents is a mix of traditional fascism and Islamism (which is a valid term used to describe conservative Islam in the political realm) that is the main ideology of many Islamic terror groups, such as al-Qaeda and Hezbollah. In truth, while al-Qaeda (not Hezbollah) and some other Islamic groups do share some similar elements to fascism, to label the entire movements fascist is akin to labeling Stalin or Kim Jong Il fascist -- the fact that they were (are) very repressive and share the ultra-totalitarian values of fascism does not mean that they can be called fascist, and it certainly doesn't warrant use of the word "Communo-fascism," which is a contradiction in terms, or "Atheo-fascism." The bottom line is, although fascists come in all shapes and sizes, and although there are fascist Muslims like there are fascist Christians, Jews, Hindus, atheists, etc.; the movement cannot be labeled according to the ideology of some of its supporters.

EDIT: I don't consider Hezbollah a terror group, but many claimants of Islamofascism do.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jan '10 00:22
    A lie.

Basically, the definition according to its proponents is a mix of traditional fascism and Islamism (which is a valid term used to describe conservative Islam in the political realm) that is the main ideology of many Islamic terror groups, such as al-Qaeda and Hezbollah. In truth, while al-Qaeda (not Hezbollah) and some other Islamic groups do share ...[text shortened]...
    EDIT: I don't consider Hezbollah a terror group, but many claimants of Islamofascism do.
    What type of Muslim would you describe yourself as?
  5. At the Revolution
    Moves
    03 Jan '10 02:17
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What type of Muslim would you describe yourself as?
    Mainstream Shi'a.
  6. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    03 Jan '10 02:58
    I was replying to generalissimo.
    Yes sir, I got that. Just was trying to clarify, not only Islamics bomb things. Just in case you find my car. 😳
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Jan '10 17:062 edits
    Why? Are you saying that those who are Islamic are incapable of being "fascist"? As you have pointed out, there have been fascists who have come in the name of Christ, and they have all gone bye, bye, with good reason. However, you seem to be saying that because people are Islamic they are better and incapable of being fascist. So long as people act in a fascist way in the name of their religion, they should be called Islamofascist. To not do so would be a lie. In truth, they all need to go bye, bye as well. If no one stands up to them, however, they will continue to flourish and bring more shame to Islam.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Jan '10 17:093 edits
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    Yes sir, I got that. Just was trying to clarify, not only Islamics bomb things. Just in case you find my car. 😳
    It reminds me of that Muslim found outside some cartoonists apartment who painted Mohammad with a turban in the shape of a bomb. He showed up with weapons and was shot by police. However, he said he had not come to kill the cartoonist, just scare him a bit. LOL. I suppose scaring someone to the point of a heart attack is a little less fascist than blowing their head off, but I could be wrong. The kicker was when he was linked to some terrorist organization. The terrorist organization responed that they had no idea who he was, but that he had their full support.
  9. At the Revolution
    Moves
    03 Jan '10 18:23
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    Aww ... am I scaring you?? 🙁
  10. At the Revolution
    Moves
    03 Jan '10 18:24
    Originally posted by whodey
    Why? Are you saying that those who are Islamic are incapable of being "fascist"? As you have pointed out, there have been fascists who have come in the name of Christ, and they have all gone bye, bye, with good reason. However, you seem to be saying that because people are Islamic they are better and incapable of being fascist. So long as people act in a ...[text shortened]... one stands up to them, however, they will continue to flourish and bring more shame to Islam.
    No, I did not say anything of the sort. We do not refer to Franco, Hitler, Jumayyil, etc. as Christian fascists or Christofascists ... despite that's what they may have been. The reason is that it implicitly implies that Christianity and fascism are intertwined enough that we can have a word that mixes them together.
  11. At the Revolution
    Moves
    03 Jan '10 18:25
    Originally posted by whodey
    It reminds me of that Muslim found outside some cartoonists apartment who painted Mohammad with a turban in the shape of a bomb. He showed up with weapons and was shot by police. However, he said he had not come to kill the cartoonist, just scare him a bit. LOL. I suppose scaring someone to the point of a heart attack is a little less fascist than blowing ...[text shortened]... rist organization responed that they had no idea who he was, but that he had their full support.
    You're forgetting exactly what provoked that.
  12. Pepperland
    Moves
    03 Jan '10 18:51
    any comments on this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamofascism
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    03 Jan '10 19:46
    You're forgetting exactly what provoked that.
    A cartoon?
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '10 09:41
    Here's the logic behind the people who think that there's a such thing as Islamofascists:

1. There are Muslim fascists.
    2. These fascists carry out fascist acts based on their religion.
    3. They represent the Muslim mainstream, who support them due to their fascism.

So, therefore, here's my logic:

1. There were Christian fascists (Hitler, Franco, J ...[text shortened]... ocal -- most Christians are fascists, and most fascists are Christians.
    5. Christofascism.
    awesome work.

what are you trying to prove again?

1. is true (not gonna try and prove that hitler was not a christian. it would be unnecessary to prove your "logic" is illogical)
    2. if this is true, why do you need 1 ?
    3. incorrect. fascists are a subgroup of christians. just because a subgroup believes in a pink fluffy unicorn doesn't make the group believe in a pink fluffy unicorn.
    4. catholicism does not equal christianity. it is a subgroup. certain cowardly pope and cardinals do not equal catholicism. 1 or 2 examples do not make a rule. so 4 is incorrect(and stupid but for the sake of a civilized argument, let's not say stupid)
    5. incorrect. (read the above)

this was fun. and easy. got any more?
  15. At the Revolution
    Moves
    16 Jan '10 01:39
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    A cartoon?
    Yeah ... and a funny mustache provoked World War II.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree