1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 08:33
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    I pity your entire family.
    Why? Because I don't insult women? Or make jokes about God?

I pity you.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 08:37
    Do you think you have any misconceptions about the Easter Bunny?
    Do you have any misconceptions about how to follow a thread and making intelligible comments?
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 08:46
    Originally posted by @josephw
    Do you have any misconceptions about how to follow a thread and making intelligible comments?
    No.
    Now answer my question.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 09:15
    No. I mean apart from your misconceptions about God.
    Not sure sir how you can say that with a straight face, bearing in mind the God of the OT is not only petty and jealous, but extremely needy.

If God doesn't need anything, what pray tell is the root cause of his jealousy?!

(I don't think you thought this through).
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 09:16
    I pity your wife.
    Perhaps his wife has a sense of humour. 🙄
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 09:16
    Originally posted by @eladar
    According to the creation account in Genesis God created woman by taking something from man. Men have both X and Y chromosomes. Women have only one of those chromosomes.

God taking an X out of man then replicating it would be consistent with the creation account.

Is it proof positive? Of course not, but it is interesting how a story from such ancient times fits in such a way.
    Every cell in a rib has one X and one Y. If another human was created from a rib, then it should be a clone with the same gender.

No, the 'proof' is not positive. It's a guessing from a desperate person desperately wanting the creation to be the truth.

Does the bible tell why elephants has a trunk? No? Because that proof is also a fable.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 10:56
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Why did God need a rib from Adam?
    Who said God needed, just that he did.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 10:59
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    Every cell in a rib has one X and one Y. If another human was created from a rib, then it should be a clone with the same gender.

No, the 'proof' is not positive. It's a guessing from a desperate person desperately wanting the creation to be the truth.

Does the bible tell why elephants has a trunk? No? Because that proof is also a fable.
    Who said that God used all of the chromosomes? How could he use the chromosome he created for being male if he wanted a female? He obviously had to fix the problem by getting rid of the x and doubling the y.
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 11:13
    According to the creation account in Genesis God created woman by taking something from man. Men have both X and Y chromosomes. Women have only one of those chromosomes.

God taking an X out of man then replicating it would be consistent with the creation account.

Is it proof positive? Of course not, but it is interesting how a story from such ancient times fits in such a way.
    The more I read this forum and posts like these the harder it gets for me to remain an atheist.

I mean, just LOOK at how it all fits together.

It's really too convincing to casually dismiss.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 11:25
    Who said God needed, just that he did.
    So he (god) did it needlessly.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 11:44
    So he (god) did it needlessly.
    Needlessly? To actually create? Yes

Evidently God had another reason to create woman from man.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 12:18
    Needlessly? To actually create? Yes

Evidently God had another reason to create woman from man.
    Well the FSM had a need to create idiots .. I don't know why.
    But evidently He did.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 12:32

Also, my X gave me the boot and I have no idea as to Y.

Coincidence?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 12:36
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    The more I read this forum and posts like these the harder it gets for me to remain an atheist.

I mean, just LOOK at how it all fits together.

It's really too convincing to casually dismiss.
    Also, the number 6 is said to be the number of man in the Bible. Any idea what number carbon is on the periodic table again?

Ha! Now the conversion is complete. Resistance is futile.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 13:30
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Not sure sir how you can say that with a straight face, bearing in mind the God of the OT is not only petty and jealous, but extremely needy.

If God doesn't need anything, what pray tell is the root cause of his jealousy?!

But you have? Do you seriously think I can answer questions from you about the nature of a being you deny the existence of?

I think that if I really thought it through I would at this point just walk away. It's like looking at the ocean with someone that's trying to tell me that water isn't wet knowing they know it is.

Atheism is a defunct mindset held by those with an innate sense of self importance in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Yet they persist in denying what their gut is telling them is true to the extent that their mind becomes so over clouded with lies they wouldn't know the truth about their creator even if it ran them over like a bulldozer.

Their only hope is if God should grant them repentance.

(You better think it through)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree