1. S. Korea
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 13:49
    These sorts of things cannot "prove" anything to anyone. Which is sad in the sense that these are nice observations.

But ultimately atheists laugh at people who say these kinds of things.

Their problem is that they do not want to perceive Christianity in a positive light. Of course, some of them do, and they might not laugh at you for saying this, but the bulk of atheists (in my experience) are ready to poke fun of you for saying anything like this.
  2. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 14:16
    Originally posted by @josephw
    [b](I don't think you thought this through).

But you have? Do you seriously think I can answer questions from you about the nature of a being you deny the existence of?

I think that if I really thought it through I would at this point just walk away. It's like looking at the ocean with someone that's trying to tell me that water isn't wet knowing ...[text shortened]... zer.

Their only hope is if God should grant them repentance.

(You better think it through)[/b]
    So, no attempt to address the points raised, hey? Here they are again:

'Not sure sir how you can say that with a straight face, bearing in mind the God of the OT is not only petty and jealous, but extremely needy.

If God doesn't need anything, what pray tell is the root cause of his jealousy?!'
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 14:191 edit
    Originally posted by @jacob-verville
    These sorts of things cannot "prove" anything to anyone. Which is sad in the sense that these are nice observations.

But ultimately atheists laugh at people who say these kinds of things.

Their problem is that they do not want to perceive Christianity in a positive light. Of course, some of them do, and they might not laugh at you for saying ...[text shortened]... bulk of atheists (in my experience) are ready to poke fun of you for saying anything like this.
    Who are you responding to?!

(Please note, I am asking basic questions, not poking fun).
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 14:31
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Also, my X gave me the boot and I have no idea as to Y.

Coincidence?
    Rejection of God.
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 17:13
    Do you have any misconceptions about how to follow a thread and making intelligible comments?
    No.
    Why not answer the question?
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 17:17
    [bAtheism is a defunct mindset held by those with an innate sense of self importance in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. [/b]
    Funniest thing I have read for some time.

Even the Pope would disagree with you.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 17:21
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Funniest thing I have read for some time.

Even the Pope would disagree with you.
    Why would the Pope be an authority on Christian beliefs? I could see you believing that if you are Roman Catholic, but you aren't.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 18:49
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Who said that God used all of the chromosomes? How could he use the chromosome he created for being male if he wanted a female? He obviously had to fix the problem by getting rid of the x and doubling the y.
    Listen, Eladar, why are you trying to bring in science into your religion? Isn't it enough to say "Goddidit" and skip the science. Have you lost your faith?

This is the Spiritual Forum! You don't have to prove anything! You don't have to explain anything. Goddidit, and that should be enough.

If you did the same thing in the Science Forum, however, you would have deep problems!
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 18:55
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    Listen, Eladar, why are you trying to bring in science into your religion? Isn't it enough to say "Goddidit" and skip the science. Have you lost your faith?

This is the Spiritual Forum! You don't have to prove anything! You don't have to explain anything. Goddidit, and that should be enough.

If you did the same thing in the Science Forum, however, you would have deep problems!
    If Christianity is true, God is the source of what we call science.
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 20:14
    If Christianity is true, God is the source of what we call science.
    That's your religion. Science is not your religion.

If you say your god, any god, is science, then prove his existence scientifically.
    You will have the Nobel Price if you succeed.

Never mix religion with science. It simply cannot be done.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 20:17
    That's your religion. Science is not your religion.

If you say your god, any god, is science, then prove his existence scientifically.
    You will have the Nobel Price if you succeed.

Never mix religion with science. It simply cannot be done.
    You are too much of a true believer to have an open mind on the topic.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 21:14
    You are too much of a true believer to have an open mind on the topic.
    Thank you! 🙂
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 21:31
    Thank you! 🙂
    Now will you let me know what you think is the solution to the equation x^2=-1
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 01:06
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    So, no attempt to address the points raised, hey? Here they are again:

'Not sure sir how you can say that with a straight face, bearing in mind the God of the OT is not only petty and jealous, but extremely needy.

If God doesn't need anything, what pray tell is the root cause of his jealousy?!'
    Do you have children?

How would you feel if one of them belonged to a cult that brainwashed him or her into believing that you didn't exist?

Or better yet, your wife fell in love with another?

Corporately the human race is the offspring of God. In that sense we are God's children. In the Old Testament Israel was metaphorically referred to as a wife that committed adultery by adopting the pagan practice of worshipping false gods.

Now, are you still ignorant about what God's jealousy means in the Bible? Or will you continue to exhibit immature intelligence by further debate?
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 06:14
    Now will you let me know what you think is the solution to the equation x^2=-1
    How can you use x^2=-1 to support your ideas about the topic of this thread, you named "Chromosomes support Creation"?

This shows very clearly that you think x^2=-1 is something divine, religious, and based on faith. You haven't understood it at all, have you?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree