1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 06:33
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    That's your religion. Science is not your religion.

If you say your god, any god, is science, then prove his existence scientifically.
    You will have the Nobel Price if you succeed.

Never mix religion with science. It simply cannot be done.
    Very open minded of you to suggest that science and religion are mutually exclusive?
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 07:13
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Very open minded of you to suggest that science and religion are mutually exclusive?
    I think you're very right in this!
    Thank you for the compliment! 🙂
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 07:27
    Originally posted by @josephw
    Do you have children?

How would you feel if one of them belonged to a cult that brainwashed him or her into believing that you didn't exist?

Or better yet, your wife fell in love with another?

Corporately the human race is the offspring of God. In that sense we are God's children. In the Old Testament Israel was metaphorically referred to as a wife ...[text shortened]... usy means in the Bible? Or will you continue to exhibit immature intelligence by further debate?
    Calling me ignorant sir doesn't disguise your own. As you have repeatedly failed to properly address the question, here it is again. (Dodge or ignore it if you will).

'Not sure sir how you can say that with a straight face, bearing in mind the God of the OT is not only petty and jealous, but extremely needy. If God doesn't need anything, what pray tell is the root cause of his jealousy?!'
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 07:28
    I think you're very right in this!
    Thank you for the compliment! 🙂
    Your sarcasm meter must be broken good sir, get it fixed. 😉
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 08:321 edit
    Your sarcasm meter must be broken good sir, get it fixed. 😉
    That's one quality of humor. I have it. Do you have it?

But if you want to go serious, then try this:

If - I told you that (*something impossible*) is possible. You will not admit that this is possible. Then - are you open minded? Am I open minded? Is one of us close minded?
    This has to do with the very definition about being open minded.

Some say they are open minded of the only reason that they think they are right and everyone not agreeing with this is close minded. That's wrong.

Remember that every idea turns up at *one* time by *one* person. (Like the Big Bang theory.) Noone has heard about it before and everyone consider it wrong, because it is out of their knowledge and this is the first contact of this. Then the inventor of the idea in question - is he open minded or not?

If I say that 'you cannot ever mix religion and science', delivered many 'proofs' of that, never to get any whatsoever counter examples. Who is to be called open minded, or close minded? He who has understood my saying or he who hasn't given it a thought?

Give me a strict scientific proof of the existence of god, any god, and I will fold.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 08:39
    That's one quality of humor. I have it. Do you have it?

But if you want to go serious, then try this:

If - I told you that (*something impossible*) is possible. You will not admit that this is possible. Then - are you open minded? Am I open minded? Is one of us close minded?
    This has to do with the very definition about being open minded.

Some ...[text shortened]... thought?

Give me a strict scientific proof of the existence of god, any god, and I will fold.
    I could alternatively ask you to give me proof that science and religion are mutually exclusive. Could you do that?
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 08:45
    I could alternatively ask you to give me proof that science and religion are mutually exclusive. Could you do that?
    There is a domain strictly religious.
    There is a domain strictly scientific.
    The two domains never mix.

Praying that the gravitational constant would change doesn't work. Hence prayers don't work. You cannot change physics with religion.
    Trying to explain a miracle scientifically doesn't work either. Because if you succeed then it is not religion anymore. Walking on water isn't possible scientifically, but it is religiously.
    With faith you cannot prove anything while in religion faith means everything.

I know these are not rigorous proofs. But knowone has shown me wrong. Please show me wrong, I really want to know if there is any flaw in this idea.

And, btw, please prove scientifically that god, any god, exists. If you can do it, then I will change my mind any second. And you will gain the Nobel Price, and Honour and Glory for eternity.
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 08:54
    There is a domain strictly religious.
    There is a domain strictly scientific.

Praying that the gravitational constant would change doesn't work. Hence prayers don't work. You cannot change physics with religion.
    Trying to explain a miracle scientifically doesn't work either. Because if you succeed then it is not religion a ...[text shortened]... change my mind any second. And you will gain the Nobel Price, and Honour and Glory for eternity.

How do you know this? The fact that you claim this doesn't mean that they can't.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 08:56
    [b]The two domains never mix.

How do you know this? The fact that you claim this doesn't mean that they can't.[/b]
    Just give me an example that clearly shows that I am wrong, and I will be satisfied.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 09:01
    Just give me an example that clearly shows that I am wrong, and I will be satisfied.
    Take the big bang theory, God spoke and bang it happened. There is no contradiction there is there? The big bang theory doesn't preclude the existence of God. In fact scientists cannot explain where the energy for the big bang came from. If God is in the mix that surely solves that problem?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 09:01
    Originally posted by @josephw to Ghost of a Duke
    Now, are you still ignorant about what God's jealousy means in the Bible? Or will you continue to exhibit immature intelligence by further debate?
    Dasa used to whip himself up into whirlwinds of snarling ad hominems from time to time, too. You and he were very similar religionists.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 09:05
    Take the big bang theory, God spoke and bang it happened. There is no contradiction there is there? The big bang theory doesn't preclude the existence of God. In fact scientists cannot explain where the energy for the big bang came from. If God is in the mix that surely solves that problem?
    Of course it is a contradiction between religion and science in this particular example.

You say that 'God spoke'. But god is not a scientific entity. If you think I am wrong, then show me a proof that god exist. When you have done that, we can go further in your example.

"God spoke..." is not science, it is religion. And they will never meet nor mix.
    Thank you for this illustrative example of my point.
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 09:171 edit
    Of course it is a contradiction between religion and science in this particular example.

You say that 'God spoke'. But god is not a scientific entity. If you think I am wrong, then show me a proof that god exist. When you have done that, we can go further in your example.

"God spoke..." is not science, it is religion. And they will never meet nor mix.
    Thank you for this illustrative example of my point.
    Nonsense. The bing bang is totally compatible with the existence of God, they are not mutually exclusive. It doesn't have to be the one or the other it could be both.

Is the big bang a scientific entity? Or is it something that scientists imagine?
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 09:281 edit
    Nonsense. The bing bang is totally compatible with the existence of God, they are not mutually exclusive. It doesn't have to be the one or the other it could be both.

Is the big bang a scientific entity? Or is it something that scientists imagine?
    If you think "The bing bang is totally compatible with the existence of God" and not define god scientifically, then your reasoning is all religious and not at all scientific.

You show very clearly my point. You cannot prove anything in science in religious terms.
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 10:583 edits
    If you think "The bing bang is totally compatible with the existence of God" and not define god scientifically, then your reasoning is all religious and not at all scientific.

You show very clearly my point. You cannot prove anything in science in religious terms.
    I am saying the exitence of God does not contradict science, in fact science makes more sense if God is in the picture. Can Science tell you where the energy for the Big Bang came from? Can science account for the laws of Physics? Many great Scientists have retained their belief in God even after making amazing Scientific discoveries.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree