1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Dec '12 08:50
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Towers often contain towels, but when the towel contains the tower, what does this say about the weaver?
    Or the tower builder.
    Are we towels, towers, weavers or builders?
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Dec '12 09:171 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59

No greater than what?
    “When a man wants to murder a tiger, he calls it sport; when the tiger wants to murder him, he calls
    it ferocity. The distinction between crime and justice is no greater.” (George Bernard Shaw)

Ask GB(S).
  3. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    27 Dec '12 11:41
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Chuck's question, ask Chuck.
    There are plenty of psychiatrists who can help you with your multiple personality disorder. Look one of for the sake of our sanity.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Dec '12 13:081 edit
    Originally posted by Kegge

There are plenty of psychiatrists who can help you with your multiple personality disorder. Look one of for the sake of our sanity.
    You don't like them? Why read them? Why post to them? Why keep on complaining?

Maybe Mister Kegge should move on to greater and more glorious personal deeds.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Jan '13 22:132 edits
    Chuck's Questions

"Hi. My name's James Charles Williamson. I was born the day before Christmas in 1999, so that makes me twelve (going on thirteen) years old. I've been watching a lot of television around the holidays and can't help but wonder about all the shootings and death. Really, what's death?"

The Seven Deaths

1)
    'Physical Death is the separation of the soul from the body. 2) Spiritual death is separation from God in time or divine condemnation at the point of physical birth. 3) The Second Death refers to the Last Judgement or the separation of the unbeliever from God for all eternity. 4) Positional Death refers to identification with Christ's (Physical) Death. Church Age believers are identified with Christ, not only in His death on the cross (retroactive positional truth) but also in His acension and session at the right hand of the Father (current positional truth). 5) Temporal Death is the believer's from fellowship with God in time. 6) Operational Death is any form of Christian service apart from the filing of the Holy Spirit... human good produced by carnal believers. 7) Sexual Death is the inability to procreate.'

"Where did you learn all of that information?" 'From my pastor-teacher (Robert Thieme, [i]The Divine Outline of History, 87).'
  6. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    08 Jan '13 23:30
    “When a man wants to murder a tiger, he calls it sport; when the tiger wants to murder him, he calls
    it ferocity. The distinction between crime and justice is no greater.” (George Bernard Shaw)

Ask GB(S).
    When a woman wants a man they call it hormones.

When a man wants a woman they call it rape.

A woman reported me to the police for rape once.

She didn't know that she was raped until the next day.

'cos then the check bounced.................................boom boom!!!!!!!
  7. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    09 Jan '13 03:32
    [b]Chuck's Questions

"Hi. My name's James Charles Williamson. I was born the day before Christmas in 1999, so that makes me twelve (going on thirteen) years old. My sister and parents call me Jimmy but my friends at school and on the soccer team call me Chuck. On that long Thanksgiving Day Weekend, about a month ago, I read a very good book with ...[text shortened]... Anyhoo... Is there really a person up there running the sun and the moon and the stars?"
    -[/b]
    No twelve year old I know (and I work with a LOT of them) would be caught anywhere on the internet or in person using the term "Anyhoo." It makes me wonder, "Is there really a person named James Charles Williamson questioning planetary positions?"
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jan '13 12:25
    Originally posted by hakima
    No twelve year old I know (and I work with a LOT of them) would be caught anywhere on the internet or in person using the term "Anyhoo." It makes me wonder, "Is there really a person named James Charles Williamson questioning planetary positions?"
    Though it's not given, Chuck may well have suffered some measure of retardation at an earlier time, cured

by aggressive rehab and intervention. Let's focus on his questions which are timely, believable and valid.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jan '13 12:33
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    When a woman wants a man they call it hormones.

When a man wants a woman they call it rape.

A woman reported me to the police for rape once.

She didn't know that she was raped until the next day.

'cos then the check bounced.................................boom boom!!!!!!!
    Relevance?
  10. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    09 Jan '13 13:411 edit
    [b]Chuck's Questions

"Hi. My name's James Charles Williamson. I was born the day before Christmas in 1999, so that makes me twelve (going on thirteen) years old. I've been watching a lot of television around the holidays and can't help but wonder about all the shootings and death. Really, what's death?"

The Seven Deaths

1)
    'Physical D From my pastor-teacher (Robert Thieme, The Divine Outline of History, 87).'
    .[/b]
    "Hi. My name's James Charles Williamson. I was born the day before Christmas in 1999, so that makes me twelve (going on thirteen) years old.
    I've been watching a lot of television around the holidays and can't help but wonder about all the shootings and death. Really, what's death?"

Q. "What is death?"

A. Death is the cessation of existence of something/someone.
    For a biological entity, death is where the systems that support and run that entity break down.
    For a human death is typically considered to be the point at which the brain/mind ceases to function/exist.
    With recent medical advances it is sometimes possible to artificially keep the body functioning past the point when the brain/mind has been destroyed.
    However a person in such a state is for all intents and purposes dead. Everything that made them a person and not a sack of flesh and bones is gone.

There are some edge cases where it can be hard to tell if the mind is actually gone/destroyed or not.
    But generally death is quite simple.

It's where you (your mind, your thoughts, your brain) cease to exist.

Death can be used metaphorically to describe the end of something, "the death of music" for example... Or we could talk about a supernova as being
    the "death" of a star. But when talking about death without any qualification it's generally understood to mean the death of a living being, probably even
    a human being. Other uses should be flagged to avoid confusion.

1)'Physical Death is the separation of the soul from the body.

Incorrect. Physical Death is as described above... It's the process by which a mind/brain ceases to exist/function.
    Souls do not exist.

2) Spiritual death is separation from God in time or divine condemnation at the point of physical birth.

God's existence must be demonstrated before this has any meaning or relevance.
    Human beings have invented many gods and spirits over the aeons and there is no evidence any of them exist.
    Also there are many varying definitions of 'spiritual'. And 'Spiritual death' could be referring to the cessation of any of them.
    So this definition is also incorrect and/or incomplete.

3) The Second Death refers to the Last Judgement or the separation of the unbeliever from God for all eternity.

Again, souls don't exist. neither does the bible god, nor the mythologies surrounding it.
    So this meaning is mythological at best.

4) Positional Death refers to identification with Christ's (Physical) Death. Church Age believers are identified with Christ, not only in His
    death on the cross (retroactive positional truth) but also in His ascension and session at the right hand of the Father (current positional truth).

I don't actually know what you mean here... but it doesn't on the face of it appear to be a meaning or usage that is of any actual use or relevance...
    particularly for a 12 yr old.

5) Temporal Death is the believer's from fellowship with God in time.

Again I don't actually know what this means. You need to explain this better.

6) Operational Death is any form of Christian service apart from the filing of the Holy Spirit... human good produced by carnal believers.

Again I don't actually know what this means. You need to explain this better.

7) Sexual Death is the inability to procreate.

Ok. Bit over dramatic, but ok.
  11. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    09 Jan '13 16:19
    Though it's not given, Chuck may well have suffered some measure of retardation at an earlier time, cured

by aggressive rehab and intervention. Let's focus on his questions which are timely, believable and valid.
    Before determining the existence of the object of inquiry, I believe it is valid to verify the existence of the inquirer.

Let's do that first, shall we?
  12. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Jan '13 16:28
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Sexual Death is the inability to procreate.

Although if your Dad, Chuck, says he has had a vasectomy, it is probably not advisable to tell him and your friends that he has died sexually.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jan '13 16:50
    Time and place, of course, for any issue of a delicate nature.
    That having been said, Mal Pancoast nailed the day he wrote:
    "The truth will set you free but first it will piss you off."

Let's add, "... and it smarts!
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jan '13 16:52
    Originally posted by googlefudge

"Hi. My name's James Charles Williamson. I was born the day before Christmas in 1999, so that makes me twelve (going on thirteen) years old.
    I've been watching a lot of television around the holidays and can't help but wonder about all the shootings and death. Really, what's death?"

Q. "What is death?"

A. Death is the cessation o ...[text shortened]... he inability to procreate.[/quote]

Sadly, you still lack the minimal frame of reference as well as the desire and will to aquire one.
  15. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Jan '13 17:02
    Sadly, you still lack the minimal frame of reference as well as the desire and will to aquire one.
    What does Chuck think?

Maybe he approves of someone who actually answers his questions and is prepared to enter into a conversation as opposed to just saying a lot of meaningless things and boring the pants off everyone?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree