1. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 17:02
    @kellyjay said
    What seems likely does seem to come up a lot for many things in and out of just scriptural text.
    The books which make up the bible were selected though, and by men, not god. Other scripture which did not fit with the accepted canon did not make the cut and has been consigned to history. The 'flow' you perceive is artificially induced.
  2. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 17:08
    @rajk999 said
    A shameless fake profile creator in action . In the space of a few hrs, you created a profile, played out 4 games [3 or 4 moves in each and then resigning them], and started commenting in the forums. Everybody knows who you are.
    Somebody that's sh@t at chess ? 😆
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 17:09
    @medullah said
    Somebody that's sh@t at chess ? 😆
    So not an atheist...
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 17:27
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    So not an atheist...
    Thats a good point. If we take the posters here as a representative unbiased sample of chess players, I wonder what the ratings will be like Christian v Atheists
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 17:28
    @rajk999 said
    A shameless fake profile creator in action . In the space of a few hrs, you created a profile, played out 4 games [3 or 4 moves in each and then resigning them], and started commenting in the forums. Everybody knows who you are.
    <<Everybody knows who you are.>>

I don’t know who he is. Give me a hint.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 17:28
    @rajk999 said
    Thats a good point. If we take the posters here as a representative unbiased sample of chess players, I wonder what the ratings will be like Christian v Atheists
    Do you consider yourself a Christian?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 17:33
    @avalanchethecat said
    The books which make up the bible were selected though, and by men, not god. Other scripture which did not fit with the accepted canon did not make the cut and has been consigned to history. The 'flow' you perceive is artificially induced.
    The Scriptures that comprise the Holy Bible were written by men under the inspiration, guidance and control of God’s Holy Spirit and were selected for inclusion in the Bible the same way.

If the flow were as seamless as you seem to think, arguments about how salvation is obtained, whether salvation is conditional, whether an eternity in hell or annihilationism is correct, the timing of events in the End Times, whether Jesus Christ was a created being, etc. wouldn’t exist.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 17:36
    @avalanchethecat said
    Maybe the writers were 'inspired by the Holy Spirit', or maybe scripture which didn't 'flow together' wasn't selected for inclusion in the bible. One of these things seems more likely than the other.
    Why are there so many doctrinal arguments in Christianity if the Scriptures flow so well together?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 17:37
    @pb1022 said
    Do you consider yourself a Christian?
    I dont care for that label. When Jesus returns he will not separate the world into Christians and non Christians. The separation is between sheep and goats. The Good Samaritans of the world are sheep and the selfish bastards are goats.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 17:37
    @rajk999 said
    Here's why -
    James is the Apostle that repeats in bold brash terms certain truths spoken by Jesus CHrist, pertaining to good works and righteousness, and which run contrary to their church doctrine -

1. Faith and works are two separate and distinct elements both of which are required to be a righteous Christian Saint.
    2. Faith without works is dead.

Here is a convers ...[text shortened]... n, and Judde all spoke in similar terms about faith and works, and that faith alone is worthless[/b]
    <>Interestingly Paul, Peter, John, and Judde all spoke in similar terms about faith and works, and that faith alone is worthless>>

This is absolutely false.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 17:40
    @rajk999 said
    The topic is about James. If you have nothing relevant to say, then say nothing, instead of spamming the thread with your nonsense.
    Did you read the article I provided a link to about how Paul and James said the same thing but came at it from different angles? It’s a good article. You should read it.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 17:43
    @pb1022 said
    Did you read the article I provided a link to about how Paul and James said the same thing but came at it from different angles? It’s a good article. You should read it.
    I dont read the opinions of false churches. I read the bible. The bible is sufficient and complete.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 17:44
    @rajk999 said
    I dont read the opinions of false churches. I read the bible. The bible is sufficient and complete.
    Do you realize there is a distinction between intellectual faith and saving faith?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 17:52
    @pb1022 said
    Do you realize there is a distinction between intellectual faith and saving faith?
    Here we go ... more church lingo and terms not used in the bible designed to explain their false doctrines. No I do not know and neither do I care to know.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 17:53
    @pb1022 said
    Why are there so many doctrinal arguments in Christianity if the Scriptures flow so well together?
    Except James is the odd man out.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree