1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Jan '12 07:57
    Originally posted by divegeester
    [again...]

I'm unclear; you said earlier that there where always "witnesses" throughout the ages, in response to my question to you "why would God allow that to happen to his church?". Edit Specifically your mention that Tyndale could have been one of these for example?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Tyndale

William Tyndale (c. 1494 - 1536-09-06) was a 16th-century religious reformer
    and scholar who translated the Bible into the Early Modern English of his day.
    Much of Tyndale's work eventually found its way to the King James Version
    (or Authorised Version) of the Bible, published in 1611, which, though the
    work of 54 independent scholars, is based primarily on Tyndale's translations.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jan '12 12:26
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Tyndale

William Tyndale (c. 1494 - 1536-09-06) was a 16th-century religious reformer
    and scholar who translated the Bible into the Early Modern English of his day.
    Much of Tyndale's work eventually found its way to the King James Version
    (or Authorised Version) of the Bible, published in 1611, which, though the
    work of 54 independent scholars, is based primarily on Tyndale's translations.
    thankyou.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '12 20:463 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    thankyou.
    You and Galv are not going to answer fair but more challenging questions in regard to your organisations claim to be the only people inheriting the Earth are you?

Shall I tell you why you won't answer this latest one? I will anyway; here how it runs:

Galvs OP challenges other religions as to why God left them in a state i.e. they are not looked after by God as they are not TRUE.

My 1st post asked where the JW organisation was prior to 1870(ish), when it was founded by Charles Russell

Robbie Carrobie immediately deflects with a typical "err dude" (your thick) "it was the dark ages" response.

But what about Galvs OP and did God neglect the core JW church? No there were witnesses still even then, according to Robbie Carobbie

So WHO were they? Well Tyndale is mentioned by robbie, but of course he is a "justification by faith" proclaimer whereas the JW believe is "works".

Oh dear. Due to him jumping in Robbie is now in a situation where he has a number of awkward options:

1) Accept that God neglected the embryonic TRUE church or NAME some of the preserved elect. Of course there are NO known apostolic names from history who point to the preservation of what JW's now call their church and it's beliefs.

2) Name some Christian men of renown but massively expose your organisation to being non-exclusive and potentially of perverting doctrine preached by these great men (again Tyndale and justification by faith)

3) Step forward to claim that these men carried the JW faith but in doing ds deny Charles Russell of being the founder of the organisation.

I took the time to point this out as some here will surely feel I'm being unreasonable with the JW's. I just won't let them off the hook as they claim to have ALL of God's truth and should therefore be accountable to that claim.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Jan '12 21:401 edit
    You and Galv are not going to answer fair but more challenging questions in regard to your organisations claim to be the only people inheriting the Earth are you?

Shall I tell you why you won't answer this latest one? I will anyway; here how it runs:

Galvs OP challenges other religions as to why God left them in a state i.e. they are not looked af aim to have ALL of God's truth and should therefore be accountable to that claim.
    If you had a clue to what the "Gentile times" were then you woud understand why the dark ages were allowed to happen by Jehovah.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '12 21:54
    Originally posted by galveston75
    If you had a clue to what the "Gentile times" were then you woud understand why the dark ages were allowed to happen by Jehovah.
    That doesn't really address the points in my post though does it.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Jan '12 22:36
    That doesn't really address the points in my post though does it.
    I believe it does...
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '12 22:43
    I believe it does...
    You do want to have credibilty here don't you...

Time to tag robbie?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 00:00

Time to tag robbie?
    I have transcended the forum, i am now on black beetle level of consciousness!
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 00:35

Time to tag robbie?
    I'm looking for no such thing but only here to show the truth of the Bible. And credibility is the last worry on my mind with you.... Actually nothing you've said yet has had credibility so your'e the one that has lacked in that area.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 00:451 edit
    I'm looking for no such thing but only here to show the truth of the Bible. And credibility is the last worry on my mind with you.... Actually nothing you've said yet has had credibility so your'e the one that has lacked in that area.
    if he actually made reference to the text of the Bible, you would think he might do
    better. I simply cannot be bothered arguing with him, i dont need it, life's too short
    for fussing and fighting. The fact of the matter is, and why this escapes his notice
    God only knows, is that Christ foretold a great apostasy, a mingling of truth and
    falsehood.

(Matthew 13:24-30) . . .Another illustration he set before them, saying: “The
    kingdom of the heavens has become like a man that sowed fine seed in his field.
     While men were sleeping, his enemy came and oversowed weeds in among the
    wheat, and left.  When the blade sprouted and produced fruit, then the weeds
    appeared also.  So the slaves of the householder came up and said to him, ‘Master,
    did you not sow fine seed in your field? How, then, does it come to have weeds?’
     He said to them, ‘An enemy, a man, did this.’ They said to him, ‘Do you want us,
    then, to go out and collect them?’  He said, ‘No; that by no chance, while collecting
    the weeds, you uproot the wheat with them.  Let both grow together until the
    harvest; and in the harvest season I will tell the reapers, First collect the weeds and
    bind them in bundles to burn them up, then go to gathering the wheat into my
    storehouse.’”

(Matthew 13:36-43) . . .And his disciples came to him and said: “Explain to us the
    illustration of the weeds in the field.”  In response he said: “The sower of the fine
    seed is the Son of man;  the field is the world; as for the fine seed, these are the
    sons of the kingdom; but the weeds are the sons of the wicked one,  and the enemy
    that sowed them is the Devil. The harvest is a conclusion of a system of things, and
    the reapers are angels.  Therefore, just as the weeds are collected and burned with
    fire, so it will be in the conclusion of the system of things.  The Son of man will send
    forth his angels, and they will collect out from his kingdom all things that cause
    stumbling and persons who are doing lawlessness,  and they will pitch them into the
    fiery furnace. There is where [their] weeping and the gnashing of [their] teeth will
    be. At that time the righteous ones will shine as brightly as the sun in the kingdom of
    their Father. Let him that has ears listen.

Is Jesus here being exclusive, let him answer the question in the face of scripture.
    Let him identify who the wheat are and who the weeds are, for clearly, as the Christ
    states, it would not become apparent until a conclusions of the system.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 01:57
    if he actually made reference to the text of the Bible, you would think he might do
    better. I simply cannot be bothered arguing with him, i dont need it, life's too short
    for fussing and fighting. The fact of the matter is, and why this escapes his notice
    God only knows, is that Christ foretold a great apostasy, a mingling of truth and
    fals ...[text shortened]... learly, as the Christ
    states, it would not become apparent until a conclusions of the system.
    Yes and Jesus warned this would happen after he would be gone. And guess what, it did just as he said. Satan now saw the opportunity to sow those weed seeds in with the wheat with things like the trinity, hell fire, being saved, pagan holidays, etc, etc all of a sudden started to pop up and be accepted where they never existed before.
    So Jesus could have stopped that then but he said to wait and now we see the many variaties of so called Christian religions all full with confusion and full to the rim with paganistic cerimonies and practices and the sad thing most don't even know it and have no clue what those scriptures mean.....
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 03:43
    Yes and Jesus warned this would happen after he would be gone. And guess what, it did just as he said. Satan now saw the opportunity to sow those weed seeds in with the wheat with things like the trinity, hell fire, being saved, pagan holidays, etc, etc all of a sudden started to pop up and be accepted where they never existed before.
    So Jesus could h ...[text shortened]... ices and the sad thing most don't even know it and have no clue what those scriptures mean.....
    yes he did!
  13. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 03:431 edit
    JW's have a long history of slamming Catholics however I agree that the story is more about schools so what is the point? I'll prove to you that God hates Jehovah's watch:

YouTube&feature=related

🙂
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 04:151 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    JW's have a long history of slamming Catholics however I agree that the story is more about schools so what is the point? I'll prove to you that God hates Jehovah's watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPX2cLTJC-Q&feature=related

🙂
    first of all, we dont solicit, you would think the zoob who posted the video might at
    least get something right about us, but noooo, he could not even do that, and the
    battle against ignorance continues.
  15. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 04:281 edit
    first of all, we dont solicit, you would think the zoob who posted the video might at
    least get something right about us, but noooo, he could not even do that, and the
    battle against ignorance continu es.
    Are you guys allowed to carry pepper spray? Like Postal carriers ?

so·lic·it [suh-lis-it]
    verb (used with object)
    to seek for (something) by entreaty, earnest or respectful request, formal application, etc.: He solicited aid from the minister.
    to entreat or petition (someone or some agency): to solicit the committee for funds.
    to seek to influence or incite to action, especially unlawful or wrong action.
    to offer to have sex with in exchange for money.

sounds like soliciting to me

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree