Moves
    12 Jan '12 04:31
    I was just trying to me a smart ass is all

Manny
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 04:322 edits
    Originally posted by menace71
    Are you guys allowed to carry pepper spray? Like Postal carriers ?

so·lic·it [suh-lis-it]
    verb (used with object)
    to seek for (something) by entreaty, earnest or respectful request, formal application, etc.: He solicited aid from the minister.
    to entreat or petition (someone or some agency): to solicit the committee for funds.
    to seek t ...[text shortened]... .
    to offer to have sex with in exchange for money.

sounds like soliciting to me

Manny
    wrong, we dont want anything from you, we dont want your funds, we dont want to
    incite to a wrong action. we dont carry any weapons, at least in the Uk, anyway, dont know about America.
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 04:46
    But entering a gated yard probably not a good idea specially if it says "No soliciting" Or "Do Not Enter"

Manny
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 04:49
    Originally posted by menace71
    But entering a gated yard probably not a good idea specially if it says "No soliciting" Or "Do Not Enter"

Manny
    ok
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 05:35
    after a bit of research if the dog bites then you could probably still sue

Manny
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 06:241 edit
    So there we have it folks, according to the JWs who refuse to answer anymore questions here is history:

The dark ages lasted until the last 19th century (several hundred years later than historian experts first thought) when they ended abruptly at the inception of the JW organisation by Charles Russell who in one swoop of spiritual reform swept away all the 19th century burning at the stake - this burning is of course omitted from every historical book in the world due to the Catholics...who were neglected by god for being, well Catholic actually.

Apparently God did not neglect his REAL church (the JW people) during the (extended) dark ages, (despite the church not actually existing yet) because a vestigial of it did actually pre-exist before Charles Russell in the shape of unnamed and completely unrecognised "persons" - at least one of whom (and probably all when you think about) preached doctrine contrary to what the JW's ultimate truth is now!

Whilst this may sound completely unbelievable, contradict all historical records, and be rather confusing, it is truth and we must accept it.

Right...
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 12:01
    Originally posted by divegeester
    So there we have it folks, according to the JWs who refuse to answer anymore questions here is history:

The dark ages lasted until the last 19th century (several hundred years later than historian experts first thought) when they ended abruptly at the inception of the JW organisation by Charles Russell who in one swoop of spiritual reform swept away a ...[text shortened]... l historical records, and be rather confusing, it is truth and we must accept it.

Right...
    Its the truth. End of story.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 12:27
    Originally posted by galveston75
    The signs are as clear as can be that the Bible describes and unless one has their head in the ground even without knowing the Bible it's clear this world of mankind is going down fast.
    As someone who apparently has his head in the ground, would you care to enlighten me? What am I missing? From my perspective things just keep getting better.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 12:28
    Still the point is clear. If they were approved by God he would not let this happen to them.
    Are you saying that God protects institutions that he approves of? In what ways? Can you give any examples of approved institutions?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jan '12 08:43
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/06/philadelphia-catholic-sch_n_1190617.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl4%7Csec3_lnk3%26pLid%3D125585

Just a question but would God let this happen to his church?
    The closing of Catholic schools, even to a Catholic, is not necessarily a bad thing. Because, in fact, Catholics schools have less religious orientation and less clerical presence, arguably there is little to distinguish the majority from secular schools. It is no great tragedy.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Jan '12 01:531 edit
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    The closing of Catholic schools, even to a Catholic, is not necessarily a bad thing. Because, in fact, Catholics schools have less religious orientation and less clerical presence, arguably there is little to distinguish the majority from secular schools. It is no great tragedy.
    OK I didn't know there was that much separation. But it's always sad when any schools have to close down as we need all we can get. Thanks.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Jan '12 05:282 edits
    OK I didn't know there was that much separation. But it's always sad when any schools have to close down as we need all we can get. Thanks.
    Some places have more schools than they need, other places have shortages. This is true here in Cape Town.
    The Catholic schools I know about back in Zambia, were established because they saw a need (shortage of education) and felt they should provide it. If at some future date the government is able to provide adequate education for all, the Catholic Church may decide to close its schools. I wouldn't see that as a failing at all. Rather I see the fact that your church has not established any schools in Zambia as the true failing.
    The Catholic Church is the largest denomination in Zambia, but even so, they are involved in disproportionately more charity work than other denominations.
    In Livingstone, they are involved in Schools, an orphanage, an old peoples home, and more. No other denomination comes close.
    Be honest now, which organization would God prefer, one that does charity work until such time as it is no-longer needed, or one that does not do charity work?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Jan '12 06:37
    “When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with
    Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. All the nations will be
    gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as
    a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. And He will set the sheep
    on His right hand, but the goats on the left. Then the King will say to
    those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the
    kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: for I was
    hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I
    was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me;
    I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’

“Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see
    You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? When did we
    see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? Or when
    did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ And the King will
    answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did
    it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

“Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you
    cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
    for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave
    Me no drink; I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and
    you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’

“Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You
    hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did
    not minister to You?’ Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I
    say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these,
    you did not do it to Me.’ And these will go away into everlasting
    punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

(Matthew 25:31-46 NKJV)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree