Churches made the Atheist.

Churches made the Atheist.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
26 Oct 10

Originally posted by galveston75
Get off it Manny. If that wasn't something I didn't agree with I wouldn't have posted it. Stick to the subject if you can.
I will get off it when you come up with an original idea. Not a ten page cut and paste job that's all I'm saying. I also would venture to say you will never disagree with Robbie. I would argue and agree with you that maybe the church has helped with the cause of the modern atheist but there have been atheist I think for longer than the church has been.

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Oct 10

Originally posted by menace71
I will get off it when you come up with an original idea. Not a ten page cut and paste job that's all I'm saying. I also would venture to say you will never disagree with Robbie. I would argue and agree with you that maybe the church has helped with the cause of the modern atheist but there have been atheist I think for longer than the church has been.

Manny
The article never said there were not atheist in the past. The Bible even speaks of them. But it's false teachings and no back bone by most religions that have brought the atheist to the front today and with plenty of ammunition.
And """"AGAIN""""" me and Robbie will never disagree on Bible truths. Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cape Town

Moves
26 Oct 10

To be socially acceptable, one had to give evidence of faith in God, even if not everyone earnestly practiced what he professed to believe. Any doubts and uncertainties were discreetly kept to oneself. To express them in public would be shocking and perhaps even lay one open to censure.
Yes, that is the world I grew up in. Was it a good thing to be socially pressured to hide your beliefs? What do you think? Do you think your religion should rely on coercion? Do you agree that the survival of most religions relies quite heavily on coercion - especially at the family level where children are expected to follow their parents religion?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
26 Oct 10

The article never said there were not atheist in the past. The Bible even speaks of them. But it's false teachings and no back bone by most religions that have brought the atheist to the front today and with plenty of ammunition.
And """"AGAIN""""" me and Robbie will never disagree on Bible truths. Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well a back lash against the church is understandable. Look at Galileo and his story. His ideas and concepts which are now proven to be fact got him in trouble with the church of that day. The back lash is against ignorance and holding on to it. Forcing others to bow to it!!

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Oct 10

Originally posted by twhitehead
Yes, that is the world I grew up in. Was it a good thing to be socially pressured to hide your beliefs? What do you think? Do you think your religion should rely on coercion? Do you agree that the survival of most religions relies quite heavily on coercion - especially at the family level where children are expected to follow their parents religion?
I followed my parents religion, the Witnesses, and not once was I ever coerst or controlled or was demanded to become a Witness by anyone as well as none of the hundreds of kids I knew growing up. So why don't you listen to the hundreds of thousands of children who grew up as Witnesses and love the truth with all their hearts instead of the few who decided it wasn't for them and probably never had the heart condition God was looking for anyway. Those few are out numbered by the millions who love the truth.
What you think you know..you know nothing. The next assembly that comes to your area you should go in a sit awhile, take notice and look at the hundreds of children who listen intently and have smiling faces to back it up.

F

Moves
26 Oct 10
1 edit

I followed my parents religion, the Witnesses, ...
If your parents were muslims, then you would have been muslim yourself. And as a muslim you would have defended islam as energetic as you defend JW today?

Cape Town

Moves
26 Oct 10

I followed my parents religion, the Witnesses, and not once was I ever coerst or controlled or was demanded to become a Witness by anyone as well as none of the hundreds of kids I knew growing up. So why don't you listen to the hundreds of thousands of children who grew up as Witnesses and love the truth with all their hearts instead of the few who decid ...[text shortened]... and look at the hundreds of children who listen intently and have smiling faces to back it up.
So are you going to answer any of my questions, or are you just trying to preach to me? I don't listen to preachers who think they know everything but won't answer even my most basic questions.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 Oct 10
2 edits

You guys will not disagree on Bible truths? You joined at the hip, you must agree
with what you've been taught or else? One of you doesn't have a mind of their
own so you have no independent thoughts? Your not allowed to question? Why
in the world would that ever be true, even the Christians in the New Testament
disgreed, even when they were walking with Jesus they disagreed, at what
point in time did disagreeing become something you were not allowed to do? It
does sound like you cannot question what your being told, because two different
people can look at the samething and get something different out of it, it does not
always have to be lets agree no matter what!
Kelly

F

Moves
26 Oct 10

Seems that all christian disagrees on something. It's very little that all christians agree upon. Even defining 'what to be a christian' differs from christian to christian. Seems that every christian thinks "to be a christian is to be what I am, everyone else is wrong" if you read the postings in here. Christianity is nt one religion, it is a multitude of different religions, very losely connected.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
26 Oct 10

Atheists are fools and have the brains of a small child.....and their biggest and only argument for God not being a reality, is that they cannot see any evidence, what a ridiculous argument.

Everywhere a person looks in this world, they see wonder, beauty, complexity, design, functionality and every conceivable resource to fore-fill all desires.

To not acknowledge the world and universe around them, a person has to be dishonest, envious of God, puffed up with self aggrandizement, selfish and basically the most foolish of the foolish.

So you see that atheist dont have any argument at all, or for that matter any evidence, they are just dishonest and they have no good qualities because they abuse children with their nonsense teachings, and are the cause of all the worlds trouble.

Followers of false religion are also atheist, but they hide behind the religions facade.

Most atheists are ashamed to be focal about their lack of understanding, but in this forum we have a special bread of atheist, who hide behind their computers and are foolishly proud of their stupid empty arguments........they have nothing to offer anyone except nonsense.

F

Moves
26 Oct 10

Originally posted by vishvahetu
Atheists are fools and have the brains of a small child.....and their biggest and only argument for God not being a reality, is that they cannot see any evidence, what a ridiculous argument.

Everywhere a person looks in this world, they see wonder, beauty, complexity, design, functionality and every conceivable resource to fore-fill all desires.

To ...[text shortened]... proud of their stupid empty arguments........they have nothing to offer anyone except nonsense.
Missed the pill again? You know that you have to take them as your doctor prescribes. This is how you'll be if you don't take them.

Cape Town

Moves
26 Oct 10
1 edit

Most atheists are ashamed to be focal about their lack of understanding, but in this forum we have a special bread of atheist, who hide behind their computers and are foolishly proud of their stupid empty arguments........they have nothing to offer anyone except nonsense.
I would quite happily debate with you face to face. I have many times in the past discussed my atheism with Christians face to face.
As pointed out earlier in the thread, there is often strong social pressure to be Christian, and as a Child there were times when I did not tell people I was not Christian and let them assume that I was. But as an adult, I am open about it, and if asked will always state my views and am ready to explain them to anyone who asks.

I wonder if you go around insulting people face to face?

F

Moves
26 Oct 10

Originally posted by twhitehead
I wonder if you go around insulting people face to face?
Only when he doesn't take his pills...

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
26 Oct 10

every conceivable resource to fore-fill all desires.
If you tell that to many of the starving people in the world by now, they most likely will overlook your spelling error. 😛

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
26 Oct 10

To ...[text shortened]... proud of their stupid empty arguments........they have nothing to offer anyone except nonsense.
This post is dishonest, foolish and incorrect.