1. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    28 Oct '10 06:241 edit
    I used to slap down the Coronas, yet I am so grateful I had a major shake that stirred me away from any drunkenness.

That was 22 years ago, at age 19
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    28 Oct '10 06:30
    Well that's good coronas are piss beer anyway

Manny
  3. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    28 Oct '10 06:33
    No, my preference was more a Mickey, but I was addressing the "otale view stance" as the carnitas and lime juice. =p
  4. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    28 Oct '10 06:371 edit
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    No, my preference was more a Mickey, but I was addressing the "otale view stance" as the carnitas and lime juice. =p
    Gotcha 🙂
    Tecate or Coronas or even Dos Equis Go good with the Carnitas

Mickeys always tasted like gasoline to me.

Manny
  5. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    28 Oct '10 06:43
    Originally posted by menace71
    Gotcha 🙂
    Tecate or Coronas or even Dos Equis Go good with the Carnitas

Mickeys always tasted like gasoline to me.

Manny
    LOL

never tasted gasoline, so I have not a clue
  6. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    28 Oct '10 12:17
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    LOL

never tasted gasoline, so I have not a clue
    geez we're almost the same age and I've tasted it at least a dozen times (siphoning can useful)😀
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Oct '10 12:44
    Originally posted by amannion
    Wow, I couldn't disagree more.
    The only good thing about religion is the social dimension - bringing people together, helping others, and so on.
    The notion of an omnipresent, omniscient, omniwhatever god is absolutely abhorent.
    If God is the source of love and the source of all that is "good", then all eyes should be focused upon him. All other things then become idolotrous including religions that do not focus on him.

I do realize that your view of God does not follow upon these lines, however, if God were truly the source of the love that we share with each other, then denying that source would be a travesty.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Oct '10 14:02
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I'll try to explain this to you and hopefully it will help. In light of these scriptures, which are ones we didn't write or compose but ones that are from your own Bible, they explain the way that ones would become with regards the understanding of the Bible and the unity of their beliefs as time goes by.

Ephesians 4:13 (New International Version)
    1 ...[text shortened]... nguage. And there is always an open invitation for anyone that may be looking for that.
    Yep, I agree as we grow in Christ this happens, but that is in Christ not in
    some organization that is telling everyone what they have to believe or they
    are out. I would also not worry about bringing up Baptist or Catholics to me
    either since I don't care about man made denominations, the Body of Christ
    are those that have a right relationship with God, the title people put on the
    name of their local fellowship is meaningless as far as I'm concern.
    Kelly
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Oct '10 14:41
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Yep, I agree as we grow in Christ this happens, but that is in Christ not in
    some organization that is telling everyone what they have to believe or they
    are out. I would also not worry about bringing up Baptist or Catholics to me
    either since I don't care about man made denominations, the Body of Christ
    are those that have a right relationship with God ...[text shortened]... people put on the
    name of their local fellowship is meaningless as far as I'm concern.
    Kelly
    I appreciate your stand and respect it. Many feel like yourself and see no need or proof that an organized way to worship God is necessary.
    But in light of these scriptures it would be good to consider if that is a correct way that God is wanting.

Hebrews 10:24-25 (New International Version)
    24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. 25 Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

Is this not showing a meeting of all to get the needed spiritual support, instruction and incouragement?

1 Corinthians 14:33 (New International Reader's Version)
    33 God is not a God of disorder. He is a God of peace.
    As in all the churches of God's people
    1 Corinthians 14:40 (New International Reader's Version)
    40 But everything should be done in a proper and orderly way.

Do these scriptures not point to some type of meeting places and to be done in an organized way?

1 Peter 2:17 (Worldwide English (New Testament))
    17 Respect all men. Love your Christian brothers. Fear God. Respect the king.

Does the not mention "Brothers" as in an organization?

1 Corinthians 1:10 (Worldwide English (New Testament))
    10 My Christian brothers, I beg you all in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, agree in what you say. Do not divide into groups. You should all think in the same way and decide to do the same things.

Again this scripture points to a Brotherhood of an organized group of people all believeing the same.

So again I respect your view but according to these scriptues and others we really can't do the things needed on our own to worship God.

Proverbs 3:5 (American Standard Version)
    5 Trust in Jehovah with all thy heart, And lean not upon thine own understanding:
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    28 Oct '10 15:04
    I appreciate your stand and respect it. Many feel like yourself and see no need or proof that an organized way to worship God is necessary.
    But in light of these scriptures it would be good to consider if that is a correct way that God is wanting.

Hebrews 10:24-25 (New International Version)
    24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on t ...[text shortened]... rsion)
    5 Trust in Jehovah with all thy heart, And lean not upon thine own understanding:
    Why don't you just quit beating around the bush and say,

'Sorry Kelly, only JW's will be saved by God'

And have done with it, that is what your organisation believes isn't it?

"Do not conclude that there are different roads, or ways, that you can follow to gain life in God's new system. There is only one. There was just the one ark that survived the Flood, not a number of boats. And there will be only one organization — God's visible organization — that will survive the fast-approaching 'great tribulation.' It is simply not true that all religions lead to the same goal. You must be part of Jehovah's organization, doing God's will, in order to receive his blessing of everlasting life."

You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth, Watch Tower Bible & Tract Society, 1989, pg 255.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Oct '10 16:45
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Why don't you just quit beating around the bush and say,

'Sorry Kelly, only JW's will be saved by God'

And have done with it, that is what your organisation believes isn't it?

[i]"Do not conclude that there are different roads, or ways, that you can follow to gain life in God's new system. There is only one. There was just the one ark th ...[text shortened]... Live Forever in Paradise on Earth, Watch Tower Bible & Tract Society, 1989, pg 255.
    So do you think I have the authority or can judge that a person living on some island and that has never heard of the Bible but has lived a good and moral life would not be noticed by God and be shown mercy?
    I think not but if you know something I don't..let me know.
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    28 Oct '10 21:23
    So do you think I have the authority or can judge that a person living on some island and that has never heard of the Bible but has lived a good and moral life would not be noticed by God and be shown mercy?
    I think not but if you know something I don't..let me know.
    They're words from a publication from your organisation, not mine.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Oct '10 21:341 edit
    They're words from a publication from your organisation, not mine.
    actually there are biblical precedents, only those who worshipped the true God were saved in the great deluge, only those who heeded the words of Christ were saved from the destruction of Jerusalem in 70AD at the hands of Titus and the Roman legions, similarly only those who are doing the will of the father shall be saved in the forthcoming great tribulation. Indeed who else is doing the will of the father?
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    28 Oct '10 21:46
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    actually there are biblical precedents, only those who worshipped the true God were saved in the great deluge, only those who heeded the words of Christ were saved from the destruction of Jerusalem in 70AD at the hands of Titus and the Roman legions, similarly only those who are doing the will of the father shall be saved in the forthcoming great tribulation. Indeed who else is doing the will of the father?
    Well you may believe that to be the case, but that is not the issue here. I was pointing out to Galvo that it's not up to me to justify literature published by The Watchtower, that's his job.

Indeed who else is doing the will of the father?

Seeing how i don't believe there is a father, it obviously follows i don't believe he has a will to 'do'. So i'm afraid i'm probably not the best person to answer your question.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Oct '10 21:551 edit
    Well you may believe that to be the case, but that is not the issue here. I was pointing out to Galvo that it's not up to me to justify literature published by The Watchtower, that's his job.

[b]Indeed who else is doing the will of the father?

Seeing how i don't believe there is a father, it obviously follows i don't believe he has a will to 'do'. So i'm afraid i'm probably not the best person to answer your question.[/b]
    ok, but you do seem to be fond of our little quotation, don't you, i just would like you to know that it has a biblical basis, that is all 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree