1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '12 15:15
    I would like to clarify something about animal slaughter and meat eating.

If you are an atheist then you may kill and eat any amount of animals you like.....you do anyway.

Why...........because you don't accept God or the eternal soul or Karma or reincarnation or the continuation of the soul after death - so you would have no reason to refrain from meat eating - accept maybe to be more healthy or exercise some kindness and sensitivity.

However if you profess to be Godly and religious and on the spiritual path and following TRUE religion - then you must refrain from meat eating because being an enlightened person and self realized you would understand the implications of meat eating and the detrimental affect it would have on your spiritual development.

Those following false religion which allows meat eating - you are almost on par with the atheist so do as you please as well.........but your karma will be waiting for you after death - and you will never ever get to your heaven that you desire so badly - but return to this world of suffering to reap your Karma for your deeds.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '12 15:40
    Originally posted by Dasa

If you are an atheist then you may kill and eat any amount of animals you like.....you do anyway.

Why...........because you don't accept God or the eternal soul or Karma or reincarnation or the continuation of the soul after death - so you would have no reason to refrain from meat e ...[text shortened]... you desire so badly - but return to this world of suffering to reap your Karma for your deeds.
    I posted this on another thread and you mistakenly denied it. I'll post it here too as it seems appropriate.

You have said several times in the past that you will not share your purported deeper "insights" with people who are not vegetarians; that to stop eating meat is a prerequisite. So, logically, you ought to promote vegetarianism - in and of itself - if you ever intend to have an audience here with whom to share what you say you have to share.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Apr '12 15:57

Why...........because you don't accept God or the eternal soul or Karma or reincarnation or the continuation of the soul after death - so you would have no reason to refrain from meat e ...[text shortened]... you desire so badly - but return to this world of suffering to reap your Karma for your deeds.
    Being "enlightened" or "self-realized" has NOTHING to do with religion, nor will it punch your ticket into Heaven.

It's all about selling more books.

I'm surprised you don't know this, since you claim to follow "true religion".

Hmmmm, maybe you don't, after all.
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Apr '12 16:39

if you lived on an island community which had a small amount of arable farming and not much in the way of fruit and not enough grazing land to keep a cow. however the community is surrounded by a sea full of fish.

would you have the community starve?
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '12 13:36
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    if you lived on an island community which had a small amount of arable farming and not much in the way of fruit and not enough grazing land to keep a cow. however the community is surrounded by a sea full of fish.

would you have the community starve?
    If they cannot get it together to grow food - then they may catch fish.

Its not the best solution but the only one.

The powers to be - can allow concessions where there is no choice.

However having choice.....it must be exercised responsibly.

To live on an island in that situation is not good karma to begin with - and they must have done something in the past to reward them with island accommodation and being forced to fish.

Fish eaters are not accumulating heavy karma............only cow killers.

They could leave the island.
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '12 13:39
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Being "enlightened" or "self-realized" has NOTHING to do with religion, nor will it punch your ticket into Heaven.

It's all about selling more books.

I'm surprised you don't know this, since you claim to follow "true religion".

Hmmmm, maybe you don't, after all.
    It has everything to do with religion.

Enlightened means to know and be aware.

And you cannot develop love for God if you remain ignorant - because your thoughts and deeds and words create your reality.

Being ignorant creates an ignorant reality (not Godly)
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Apr '12 14:52
    If they cannot get it together to grow food - then they may catch fish.

Its not the best solution but the only one.

The powers to be - can allow concessions where there is no choice.

However having choice.....it must be exercised responsibly.

To live on an island in that situation is not good karma to begin with - and they must have done something ...[text shortened]... rs are not accumulating heavy karma............only cow killers.

They could leave the island.
    There are not many reincarnations. There is only a resurrection into an
    incorruptible body for those souls saved by Christ.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Apr '12 14:542 edits
    I came across a book while in Melbourne at the Crossways (Hare Krsna restaurant) entitled "Life comes from Life".
    (A startling challenge to the modern scientific theory of the origin of life and the universe)

And I thought that was an original thought. Have you had any original thoughts, Dasa?

On the back cover: I say to the scientists 'If life originated from chemicals, then why cant you create life biochemically in your laboratories?'
    "They have discovered atomic energy . Now they can kill millions at once. They have simply cleared the way fro death. and yet they dare to declare that they will make life!"

Sound familiar?
    Author (you guessed it) A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

This whole "new " info that you present us with is getting to be as repetitive and as tiresome as those that constantly quote scriptures from the bible and claim that it is somehow revolutionary and enlightening.
    I say copying is death, and in this instance it seems you have ripped of this Swamis words pretty much ad verbatim.
    Even if you strongly agree with something , please put your own bent on it, and get with the times if you hope to make any inroads into others minds.
    Thank you,
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Apr '12 14:58
    Those following false religion which allows meat eating - you are almost on par with the atheist so do as you please as well.........but your karma will be waiting for you after death - and you will never ever get to your heaven that you desire so badly - but return to this world of suffering to reap your Karma for your deeds.
    I would rather return to live a life as a tick with my head buried deep in a sheep's ass, than give up eating steak.
  10. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    24 Apr '12 15:11
    Humans are cruel creatures
  11. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    24 Apr '12 15:12
    I don't get the whole Karma/reincarnation thing. They tell me I should not behave badly because I will reincarnate as a sheep or something and endure all this suffering. But why should I care about this sheep who's not really me? It doesn't have my mind or body, nor memories of its past life as me, the human. It is not a continuation of me in any kind of substantial sense, is it?
  12. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    24 Apr '12 15:12
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I would rather return to live a life as a tick with my head buried deep in a sheep's ass, than give up eating steak.
    If you just found a cow's ass, you wouldn't have to give up eating steak. 😀
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Apr '12 15:18
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I don't get the whole Karma/reincarnation thing. They tell me I should not behave badly because I will reincarnate as a sheep or something and endure all this suffering. But why should I care about this sheep who's not really me? It doesn't have my mind or body, nor memories of its past life as me, the human. It is not a continuation of me in any kind of substantial sense, is it?
    reincarnation, as westerners understand it is just not true.
    Also the way Dasa presents it is also false.

Much like the bible it is just a story for children to keep them good .

Its not so much being good in this life that is important but being compassionate-cultivate compassion for all beings, maybe only a subtle difference but I think a very noteworthy one.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Apr '12 15:21
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    If you just found a cow's ass, you wouldn't have to give up eating steak. 😀
    I just dislike the removal of the consumer from the process of killing and preparing the animal.
    The aborinies of australia were aware of this.

Actually us Hungarians had a tradition on Sundays where the men would kill a chicken , the women would pluck the feathers and grandma would cook it, so the whole process was there in front of the childrens eyes and we all learnt by being accosiated with the whole process, rather than being removed from it.
  15. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    24 Apr '12 15:26
    No Tree No Me? Dasa said that we only need cows lol
    No trees no oxygen No oxygen no fire for cow dung 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree