1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Apr '12 15:27
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Actually us Hungarians had a tradition on Sundays where the men would kill a chicken , the women would pluck the feathers and grandma would cook it, so the whole process was there in front of the childrens eyes and we all learnt by being accosiated with the whole process, rather than being removed from it.
    Learnt what exactly?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Apr '12 15:28
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    If you just found a cow's ass, you wouldn't have to give up eating steak. 😀
    Ah reincarnation process improvement already!
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Apr '12 15:34
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Learnt what exactly?
    Learnt the process of how the chicken was prepared for lunch, rather than just buying it from the shop.
    Like I said , I'm not a vegetarian , per se, but I do think modern consumer society has removed itself from the process of how the meat gets to your plate.
    Just the same as growing your own vegies.
    Ever done that? They are ever so tasty because there is a connection between the grower,the plant and the eventual consumer.
    not to mention you know what ever pesticides are being used, etc.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Apr '12 15:391 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Learnt the process of how the chicken was prepared for lunch, rather than just buying it from the shop.
    Like I said , I'm not a vegetarian , per se, but I do think modern consumer society has removed itself from the process of how the meat gets to your plate.
    Just the same as growing your own vegies.
    Ever done that? They are ever so tasty because th ...[text shortened]... and the eventual consumer.
    not to mention you know what ever pesticides are being used, etc.
    Yeah I see what you mean. Think I'll still buy my steak from the butcher in Waitrose though; the thought of slaughtering a Aberdeen Angus steer on my patio every time I fancy a BBQ, doesn't exactly fill me with a sense of well being.
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Apr '12 18:28
    I would rather return to live a life as a tick with my head buried deep in a sheep's ass, than give up eating steak.
    This is exactly why Christianity is false.

You have single-handedly - proven what I have been trying to say for over a year.

Thankyou.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Apr '12 18:46
    Originally posted by Dasa

You have single-handedly - proven what I have been trying to say for over a year.

Thankyou.
    Don't take him as a good representation of a Christian. I very seldom eat Steak
    and I would not want to be a tick buried up any ass. I could give up eating
    Steak. Do you have a good replacement?
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Apr '12 21:05
    Yeah I see what you mean. Think I'll still buy my steak from the butcher in Waitrose though; the thought of slaughtering a Aberdeen Angus steer on my patio every time I fancy a BBQ, doesn't exactly fill me with a sense of well being.
    Oh yeah, it's all good. Obviously you are aware where it comes from.
    I also try to buy organic meat where possible, not that I buy meat for myself, but sometimes for my kid or family.

I always wonder why they dont cut it into little cow-shaped pieces,lol
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Apr '12 21:061 edit

Thankyou.
    This approach will fail and if anything, I reckon some posters will actually eat more meat unless you start respecting them first

edit: and I dont see this as a religious issue in divegeesters particular case- but I may be wrong
  9. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 12:46
    I would like to clarify something about animal slaughter and meat eating.

If you are an atheist then you may kill and eat any amount of animals you like.....you do anyway.

Why...........because you don't accept God or the eternal soul or Karma or reincarnation or the continuation of the soul after death - so you would have no reason to refrain from meat e ...[text shortened]... you desire so badly - but return to this world of suffering to reap your Karma for your deeds.
    If you are an atheist then you may kill and eat any amount of animals you like.....YOU DO ANYWAY.

Why...........because you don't accept God or the eternal soul or Karma or reincarnation or the continuation of the soul after death - so you would have NO REASON to refrain from meat eating - accept maybe to be more healthy or exercise some kindness and sensitivity. (my emphases)

that is CLEARLY false. I am a vegetarian ( and an atheist ) -not because I believe in any stupid religious crap nor so much for personal health ( although a limited health argument could be made here ) but because of a moral reason that has nothing to do with animal welfare ( why can't a farm animal have a good life and painless death? ) : if we all stopped eating meat ( apart from what little meat comes from sustainable hunting ) then we would put significantly less strain on our limited biosphere resources and reduce our carbon footprint and we would be one big step closer to living truly sustainably and giving our children's children a better future.
    How is that NOT a reason for an atheist ( or any other moral-thinking person ) to be a vegetarian?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree