1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 18:02
    Originally posted by @apathist
    You are open to critique? So share your reasons for believing the bible tells you the truth about the nature of reality and the afterlife.
    No.

You are welcome to criticise my religion , but you have not earned the right to criticise why I follow it.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 18:043 edits
    I'm not an awesome critical thinker but you are so far behind the curve I guess it seems that way to you.
    Your petty insults remind me of all the other religionists in here, only less effectual.
    At least they aspire to worship the creator rather than the created.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 18:071 edit
    But 'brain science' isn't nearly as humorous a play on phrases.
    The thing is apathist, you are probably a nice guy (or gal) with good intentions, but you lack the rationality of the atheists and the spiritual pedigree of the sincere religionists. You peddle a shallow, muddled, dope-fuelled vacuous ideology which is nothing more that you trying to appear slightly superior by adopting certain labels.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 23:01
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I think that if you are going to pitch up here and blanket attack Christians for their lack of critical thinking whilst at the same time claiming oneself to be both atheist and pagan at the same time, then one deserves to have one's chops slapped.
    Yes through critical thinking , by getting into the spirit of other's post.
    This can be demonstrated by different means.
    You adhere to the Christian label you should cop what comes with that
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 00:03
    No.

You are welcome to criticise my religion , but you have not earned the right to criticise why I follow it.
    You're reasons are secret, got it. So why should I give your religion respect? What reasons should I have for believing in what you preach.
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 00:06
    Your petty insults remind me of all the other religionists in here, only less effectual.
    At least they aspire to worship the creator rather than the created.
    Why should I believe there is a creator?
  7. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 00:11
    The thing is apathist, you are probably a nice guy (or gal) with good intentions, but you lack the rationality of the atheists and the spiritual pedigree of the sincere religionists. You peddle a shallow, muddled, dope-fuelled vacuous ideology which is nothing more that you trying to appear slightly superior by adopting certain labels.
    The thing is divegeester, you are may be a nice guy (or gal) with good intentions, but you lack the rationality of the theists and the spiritual fortitude of the sincere atheists. You peddle a shallow, muddled, indoctine-fueled vacuous ideology which is nothing more that you trying to appear slightly superior by adopting certain labels.
  8. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 00:12
    I don't respect cowards, divegeester. Your pathetic insults reflect only on you.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 03:54
    Where did it all come from, think about it critically?
  10. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 06:05
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    It seems per physics math and observations that our universe began as a singularity. Physics math is quiet about how the singularity began existence, but conservation laws (and intuition) suggest there would be a mega-verse already existing, so it is turtles all the way down.

Or maybe the fundamental constants (more physics math) change over time in one way or the other for this reason or that, so that actually our universe is eternal.

But kelly, the mere fact that we don't know 'where it all came from' is not resolved by resorting to faith belief in ancient myths.
  11. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 06:08
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Again, why should I believe there is a creator. And more: even if there is a creator, why should I believe your preferred god is the correct choice.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 09:16
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Yes through critical thinking , by getting into the spirit of other's post.
    This can be demonstrated by different means.
    You adhere to the Christian label you should cop what comes with that
    Sure, of course.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 09:16
    The thing is divegeester, you are may be a nice guy (or gal) with good intentions, but you lack the rationality of the theists and the spiritual fortitude of the sincere atheists. You peddle a shallow, muddled, indoctine-fueled vacuous ideology which is nothing more that you trying to appear slightly superior by adopting certain labels.
    Oh dear.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 09:181 edit
    I don't respect cowards, divegeester. Your pathetic insults reflect only on you.
    But I'm not seeking your respect apathist.

I regard you as one of the posters here who contributes virtually nothing of value, either spirituality, intellectually, emotionally or humourously.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 09:35
    For some of the same reasons you believe nature to be a "mother".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree