1. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    27 Oct '08 21:15
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    Yes choice. You choose to have more faith in everything is just a fluke, than in God. That's your choice. I do admire you faith in that choice.
    I think it takes way more faith to believe that this whole earth and everything in it, including you, and life, not to mention the whole universe and beyond, is all just a fluke.

It Shouldn't have ...[text shortened]... the choice that God gave you, to believe in that faith. So you go with that.

Cheers.
    …Yes choice. You choose to have more faith in everything is just a fluke, than in God. That's your choice.....…

There are at least three things wrong with that:

1, I don’t make a “choice” in this context.

2, I have no “faith”

3, I don’t believe “everything is just a fluke”

Also, note that the idea of a “God” doesn’t even enter my reasoning process when I do my best to use reason to judge the probabilities of the various scientific hypothesises and to judge which are probably true and which are probably false (-and why should it? -it is irrelevant here!)
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Oct '08 13:50
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    [b]…what are you talking about ???, of course its a choice based on the available evidence at your disposal
    ....…

Firstly, if all the available evidence at my disposal points to just one hypothesis then it couldn’t be a “choice” -would it! To make a “choice”, you have to have more than one “option” to choose.

Secondly, if all the availabl ...[text shortened]... mply don’t know or am uncertain and leave it at that.

So how am I “choosing” my beliefs here?[/b]
    'highly probable???', i think we have been through that Andrew, you really should be honest and state highly improbable, no infact not even highly improbable, nor impossible but almost certainly mathematically as never having happened! yet you have choose to ignore simple mathematics, simply because it conflicts and contradicts your claims of other, 'evidence', that is a choice regardless of your claim to reason.
  3. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    29 Oct '08 15:051 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    'highly probable???', i think we have been through that Andrew, you really should be honest and state highly improbable, no infact not even highly improbable, nor impossible but almost certainly mathematically as never having happened! yet you have choose to ignore simple mathematics, simply because it conflicts and contradicts your claims of other, 'evidence', that is a choice regardless of your claim to reason.
    …'highly probable???', i think we have been through that Andrew, you really should be honest and state highly improbable,..…

What is “highly improbable”? -remember, the original comment that you made that I responding to was:

…You don't believe in God. That's your choice. ..…

And I responded by explaining I do not “choose”.

But now you imply there is something wrong with my words “highly probable” -but what is “highly probable” or “highly improbable”? -I mean, are you still on the subject of the existence/non-existence of god or are we now talking about various scientific hypothesises like in my last post or what?

Are you saying that it is “highly probable” that there is a god and, if so, what is the logical justification for that assertion?

Or are you saying that there is something wrong with refer to a scientific hypothesis as being “highly probable”?

Or are you saying both of these things?

…nor impossible but almost certainly mathematically as never having happened! yet you have choose to ignore simple mathematics, .. .….

Exactly which bit of “mathematics” are you referring to here?

Can you show by writing down an example of this “simple mathematics” are you referring to here that you claim I “choose to ignore”?
    -and does this bit of “simple mathematics” say about the probability that there is a god or the probability that a given scientific hypothesis is correct or what?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree