1. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    26 Oct '08 23:13
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    That was sarcasm not rudeness.
    So tell me .. you are walking down the street near this construction site and you hear and loud noise as if something broke off and started falling. The nice guy near to you in the 3-piece suit says
    "Lovely day insnt it, that noise is nothing to worry about ... happens all the time".
    But the foreman on the 4th floor shouts ...[text shortened]... . Dont listen to the rude guy.
    Truth comes in nice flowery language.
    Everybody knows that.
    lol, I didn't say I didn't listen to you. In fact I think I made it clear that I do listen to you. Just because someone sees things a little different than you at this time in their life, does not means it's silly or that their being a fool.
    Jesus also said if you call someone a fool that you're in danger of hell. I warned you to be careful because you were on the cutting edge of that with the trinitarians.

What I'm trying to say is that the way you try to convey your thoughts and opinions and messages to others, seems as attacking and rude. I have the same problem sometimes. My sweetheart is always yelling at me about the same thing. I worked construction for many years.
    People usually close their ears right away when attacked. Making what you have to say null and void. Theirs nothing wrong in just stating truth, or the way you perceive it at this time. Just throw the sarcasm out. As you can see I'm not to flowery either.
    I accept your apology. 😛
  2. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '08 23:171 edit
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    [b]So if sonhouse looked in a mirror then in what sense are you saying he may think what he is looking at could be a “fluke”? -I mean, a “fluke” in what way?
    That somehow we're not created by God. If you're not created by God,
    Then there is no other answer. You are nothing but just a fluke of nature, or whatever it is that you think happen 9% for sure that our conversation would be pointless from here on since we believe different.[/b]
    …That somehow we're not created by God.…

“somehow”?

…If you're not created by God,
    Then there is no other answer. You are nothing but just a fluke of nature, or whatever it is that you think happened that just came out of NOWHERE and is leading to nowhere....…
    (my emphasis)

I don’t understand -in what sense did whatever cause me to exist “came out of NOWHERE”? -I mean, what is this “NOWHERE” you speak of?
    I came from egg and sperm that must have been “somewhere”.
    Humanity must have evolved “somewhere” on this planet (almost certainly "somewhere" in Africa).

…You can put all your non logic together that you want, it has no beginning, or conclusion, or any meaning for that matter. It all means nothing. And comes from nothing. meaning we mean absolutely nothing. A fluke. .….

We, with our intellect, can decide our own meaning of life.

… -if so, what other context and what sort of evolution? Things on earth including living things and creatures evolve and adapt to their changing surroundings for survival. Put in place by the very nature of God when He made everything. And I'm 99% for sure that our conversation would be pointless from here on since we believe different..…

Are you saying that one species doesn’t evolve into another?

What is logically blocking a series of microevolution events continuing until it naturally leads to a macroevolution event?
  3. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    26 Oct '08 23:191 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Actually King David, with all due respect, no hes not! that he was the 'son', in the sense that he was directly created by god, this is without question colossians 1:15, the scriptures refer to him as the ' only begotten son' because of this, all other things having been created through him, but that he was an actual creation of God, the firstborn i es, eternal father yes, but never ever ever ever ever ever ever is he termed almighty god!
    Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified [it] by his angel unto his servant John:

Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty

Rev 15:3 And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvelous [are] thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true [are] thy ways, thou King of saints. ty.

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Some scripture for thought.
  4. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    26 Oct '08 23:39
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    [b]…That somehow we're not created by God.…

“somehow”?

…If you're not created by God,
    Then there is no other answer. You are nothing but just a fluke of nature, or whatever it is that you think happened that just came out of NOWHERE and is leading to nowhere....…
    (my emphasis)

I don’t understand -in what sense did whatever caus ...[text shortened]... ies of microevolution events continuing until it naturally leads to a macroevolution event?[/b]
    Dear Andrew, I very much believe in God and Jesus. I have 100% faith in my beliefs.
    You don't believe in God. That's your choice.
    I believe that God is the great and original scientist who created everything. You don't.
    As you see there's no point in me trying to convince you otherwise. And there's no point in you trying to convince me otherwise. So let's just leave it at that.

Cheers. 🙂
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Oct '08 23:57
    lol, I didn't say I didn't listen to you. In fact I think I made it clear that I do listen to you. Just because someone sees things a little different than you at this time in their life, does not means it's silly or that their being a fool.
    Jesus also said if you call someone a fool that you're in danger of hell. I warned you to be careful becau ...[text shortened]... the sarcasm out. As you can see I'm not to flowery either.
    I accept your apology. 😛
    Thanks for accepting my apology which I never made. Youre a sport 🙂
    Whats 11 degrees east ?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Oct '08 00:02
    Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; a ...[text shortened]... o the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Some scripture for thought.
    thanks King Dave, i would rather go 12 rounds with Mike Tyson as go through all them scriptures again, as we did with the trinitarians - peace to you King David
  7. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    27 Oct '08 00:233 edits
    Thanks for accepting my apology which I never made. Youre a sport 🙂
    Whats 11 degrees east ?
    Whats 11 degrees east ? a different direction than 11 degrees north, The location on your profile. Facing east also faces towards Jerusalem, no matter were you're standing on this earth.
  8. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    27 Oct '08 00:271 edit
    thanks King Dave, i would rather go 12 rounds with Mike Tyson as go through all them scriptures again, as we did with the trinitarians - peace to you King David
    Well I'm not a trinitarian. But I do go to a trinitarian church, so I very much understand. Peace to you also. 🙂
  9. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    27 Oct '08 09:201 edit
    Dear Andrew, I very much believe in God and Jesus. I have 100% faith in my beliefs.
    You don't believe in God. That's your choice.
    I believe that God is the great and original scientist who created everything. You don't.
    As you see there's no point in me trying to convince you otherwise. And there's no point in you trying to convince me otherwise. So let's just leave it at that.

Cheers. 🙂
    …You don't believe in God. That's your choice. ..…

“choice”? ? -it is not a “choice”! I do not “choose” my beliefs. Please do not misrepresent my position. My “beliefs” form naturally from my own reasoning which is not “faith”.

Let me put it this way: do you “choose” to believe that 1+1=2 ? -it the word “choose” an appropriate one in this context? -if the answer is yes then there is something wrong with you.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Oct '08 09:55
    [b]…You don't believe in God. That's your choice. ..…

“choice”? ? -it is not a “choice”! I do not “choose” my beliefs. Please do not misrepresent my position. My “beliefs” form naturally from my own reasoning which is not “faith”.

Let me put it this way: do you “choose” to believe that 1+1=2 ? -it the word “choose” an appropriate one in this context? -if the answer is yes then there is something wrong with you.[/b]
    what are you talking about ???, of course its a choice based on the available evidence at your disposal and your assimilation and summation of such, unless of course you have invented an entire new belief system, all your own! which given the propensity for imagination and creativity by some forum members, i could not discount! do tell, what is it?
  11. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    27 Oct '08 13:355 edits
    [b]…You don't believe in God. That's your choice. ..…

Let me put it this way: do you “choose” to believe that 1+1=2 ? -it the word “choose” an appropriate one in this context? -if the answer is yes then there is something wrong with you.[/b]
    Yes choice. You choose to have more faith in everything is just a fluke, than in God. That's your choice. I do admire you faith in that choice.
    I think it takes way more faith to believe that this whole earth and everything in it, including you, and life, not to mention the whole universe and beyond, is all just a fluke.

It Shouldn't have never happened according to the odds, but it did just by 1 in whatever trillions of a chance, That takes amazing faith.

I'm glad that God has given you at least enough reasoning to figure out
    1 + 1 = 2. Good job. Now try to take it a step further. 🙂 I know God has given you more reasoning than that. He made you.

Now Andy I'm not going to respond to any more of your prideful self analogy. It's all hogwash to me and I'm not wasting my time with you any further. I told you I have my beliefs and your non sense will never faze my faith in them. I respect your faith, Well actually I don't. But I do respect the choice that God gave you, to believe in that faith. So you go with that.

Cheers.
  12. weedhopper
    Moves
    27 Oct '08 16:44
    Jesus also said if you call someone a fool that you're in danger of hell. I warned you to be careful becau ...[text shortened]... the sarcasm out. As you can see I'm not to flowery either.
    I accept your apology. 😛
    Very true. Whenever someone is sarcastic or rude, or uses a bullying or arrogant tone, I immediately stop listening. There are precious few people who know how to use common courtesy in discussions, and even less that do so on these forums. The art of debate is surely dying...
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Oct '08 16:56
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    Very true. Whenever someone is sarcastic or rude, or uses a bullying or arrogant tone, I immediately stop listening. There are precious few people who know how to use common courtesy in discussions, and even less that do so on these forums. The art of debate is surely dying...
    I would recommend testostorone injections.
  14. weedhopper
    Moves
    27 Oct '08 16:581 edit
    I would recommend testostorone injections.
    I don't do needles, but thanks anyway 🙂
  15. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    27 Oct '08 21:021 edit
    what are you talking about ???, of course its a choice based on the available evidence at your disposal and your assimilation and summation of such, unless of course you have invented an entire new belief system, all your own! which given the propensity for imagination and creativity by some forum members, i could not discount! do tell, what is it?
    …what are you talking about ???, of course its a choice based on the available evidence at your disposal
    ....…

Firstly, if all the available evidence at my disposal points to just one hypothesis then it couldn’t be a “choice” -would it! To make a “choice”, you have to have more than one “option” to choose.

Secondly, if all the available evidence at my disposal points to more than one hypothesis and two or more of them are conflicting hypothesises then I try and use reason to analyse the clues to see which is the most “probable”. Hopefully I can use reason to calculate that only one is likely to be true and the rest have only a vanishingly small probability of being true in which case I obviously will believe the most probable one -that is not a “choice” because that reasoning of the probabilities would narrow it down to just one and, remember, for it to be a “choice”, you have to have more than one “option“ to choose from.

But if I am unable to narrow down two or more conflicting hypothesises to just one highly probable one, then I make no “choice”! -instead, I just conclude that I simply don’t know or am uncertain and leave it at that.

So how am I “choosing” my beliefs here?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree