Consciousness & Objectivity

Consciousness & Objectivity

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat said
I'm an example of the same thing you are. You can extrapolate that there are many others like you. It's not really possible to extrapolate the existence of a god.
God can make Himself known; the things in the scriptures are experiences of those who encountered God. These encounters were such that normality was often suspended as God showed He was more than an imaginary figure.

F

Moves
21 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
When one dies, all the pieces can remain intact, but something leaves, making all the properly connected chemicals in place lifeless.
Cognition "leaves", or ends. That's the "something" you are referring to.

F

Moves
21 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
Who you are, this soul/person is unique from all others who ever lived or will live.
"Who you are" [and me, and everybody] = cognition + unique narrative + unique moral compass.

F

Moves
21 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
God can make Himself known; the things in the scriptures are experiences of those who encountered God. These encounters were such that normality was often suspended as God showed He was more than an imaginary figure.
So did God "suspend normality" and send Gabriel to encounter and speak to Muhammed too?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
21 Feb 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
That's one opinion. I hold a different opinion. I've read the books, but this god of yours hasn't made himself known to me as far as I can tell.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Feb 22

@fmf said
So did God "suspend normality" and send Gabriel to encounter and speak to Muhammed too?
If true.
Angels don't usually show up talking to people one-on-one, which would be a suspension of the norm.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
21 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
You have a mind and body, which are physical pieces of the whole. You are not only these physical pieces; people who lose body parts don't become less than they remain who they are. When one dies, all the pieces can remain intact, but something leaves, making all the properly connected chemicals in place lifeless.

Who you are, this soul/person is unique from all others who ever lived or will live.
Yeah, that's the mind part of the equation.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat said
That's one opinion. I hold a different opinion.
Having different opinions doesn't make something true or false. Do you think that if God is real, He would somehow be prohibited from interacting with His creation?

F

Moves
21 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
Angels don't usually show up talking to people one-on-one, which would be a suspension of the norm.
Such subjective conjecture as this runs through everything that shapes your personal opinions about supernatural things.

F

Moves
21 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
Having different opinions doesn't make something true or false.
You asserting exactly this, time and time again, does not make your claims about what is and isn't "true" [in these matters] any stronger.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
21 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
Having different opinions doesn't make something true or false. Do you think that if God is real, He would somehow be prohibited from interacting with His creation?
Of course not, in fact quite the opposite. I think he would make himself known to all of his creation, not just those that read one particular book and happen to believe the stories written in it.

F

Moves
21 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
Do you think that if God is real, He would somehow be prohibited from interacting with His creation?
Wouldn't the answer to this depend on whether or not "the God that is real" was "prohibited from interacting with His creation"?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Feb 22

@fmf said
Such subjective conjecture as this runs through everything that shapes your personal opinions about supernatural things.
Yes we are left looking at everything and seeing if what we believe are in truth, true.