Cowardly v Courageous Stances

Cowardly v Courageous Stances

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
05 Feb 22

@suzianne said
Don't you mean "traditional" Christian teaching?
Is it a "sin" according to you, speaking as a Christian?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Feb 22

@fmf said
I am not asking you to judge homosexuals.
I never claimed you were.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Feb 22

@fmf said
Is it a "sin" according to you, speaking as a Christian?

F

Moves
05 Feb 22

@suzianne said
You're a Christian. I am asking you: are homosexual acts "sins"?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 Feb 22

@fmf said
Are homosexual acts "sins" according to Christian teaching?
According to the standard for human conduct as outlined by God and recorded in the scriptures homosexuality is a sin.

Are you going to answer the question I asked on the previous page?

F

Moves
05 Feb 22

@josephw said
Are you going to answer the question I asked on the previous page?
If you're talking about the one about whether it's "courageous" of you to take a stand and state that, you believe, according to the scriptures, homosexuality is a sin, then I answered it.

F

Moves
05 Feb 22

@josephw said
Would my "stance" be considered "courageous" if I said it in the "context" of a homosexual "coming out" in "a forum like this"?
Oh THIS question? OK, didn't see it.

My answer is no.

If you believe homosexuality is a transgression of your God's will, I think it would be non-controversial - and neither courageous nor cowardly - for you to say so on a forum like this.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Feb 22

@suzianne said
This sounds remarkably like a white person saying blacks have never been oppressed.
Implying I’m a racist?

Don’t you realize how much you cheapen that word when you use it so cavalierly and dishonestly?

Guess you’ll be calling me Hitler and a Nazi before sunset.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Feb 22

@suzianne said
Time out.

Are you saying that kids, presumably kids of heterosexual couples, would be "lining the parade route" of a gay pride parade? And why would they be there if they had homophobic parents? You're not making sense.
So you think someone who’s opposed to men exposing themselves in public is homophobic?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Feb 22

@suzianne said
Do you?

Why don't you find out?

You have a rather alarmist view of homosexuality.
I don’t live far from New York City and have read articles about the parade in New York newspapers in the past.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Feb 22
1 edit

@suzianne said
You are entitled to try to shape the perception of the past as you like, even to the point of misrepresentation, but I certainly am equally entitled to disagree with you.
On the previous page you called ghost of a Duke “a reasonable fellow”, and yet in 2018 you were accusing him, FMF and myself of bullying a notorious troll off of the website.

Now you are backing away from that claim to permit you the partisan space to permit ghost, one of us named three, to be in your buddy group.

There is no misrepresenting of the facts, it is just an example of you being your usual unprincipled self.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Feb 22

@suzianne said
Oh, please.

Have you seen this with your own eyeballs?

And how do you know anything about what homosexuals do?

Aren't these just anecdotes of fear you've heard from other people to justify you treating other people as somehow "less than" you?

Where does it stop? This is not what Jesus did.
As I said, I don’t live far from New York City and read articles about the parade in New York newspapers in the past.

And I don’t discriminate against anyone. I don’t view people in terms of their skin color, sexual orientation, ethnicity, etc.

I would be just as opposed to men exposing themselves and simulating sex acts in a parade celebrating heterosexuality.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
As I said, I don’t live far from New York City and read articles about the parade in New York newspapers in the past.
About 640 miles.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Jesus - "Love your neighbor."
Romans1009 - "But my neighbor at 26 is a Muslim and the one at 48 is gay."
Jesus facepalms.
That imaginary conversation is a complete misrepresentation of what I believe and who I am.

But it’s not surprising coming from you.

I don’t judge people based on their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc.

I suppose to some extent my evaluation of someone may be influenced by their religion since they clearly have a choice in that. But I wouldn’t and don’t discriminate against anyone based on their religion (though I suppose I would if they were a satanist.)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Feb 22

@divegeester said
About 640 miles.
You have no idea where I live and you’re wrong when you claim I live in Cincinnati.