1. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    06 Aug '15 04:16
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    They want zombie voters to force evolution out of the science market and force creationism to be taught as a science, as a fact. It is neither.
  2. Joined
    04 Apr '09
    Moves
    06 Aug '15 04:24
    Evolution seems to true on so many levels but why do the two have to be mutually exclusive. Could God not have used evolution as a part of his creation?
  3. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    06 Aug '15 05:15
    Originally posted by bob58
    Evolution seems to true on so many levels but why do the two have to be mutually exclusive. Could God not have used evolution as a part of his creation?
    Only literalism, which is poor reading, renders science and Christianity incompatible.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Aug '15 09:181 edit
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Only literalism, which is poor reading, renders science and Christianity incompatible.
    You make the same error that Bill Nye does by thinking evilution is real science rather than just a religious belief. 😏

Evolution Is A Religion Based Upon Faith And Assumptions That Have Nothing To Do With Science

YouTube

YouTube
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Aug '15 11:55
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You make the same error that Bill Nye does by thinking evilution is real science rather than just a religious belief. 😏

[b]Evolution Is A Religion Based Upon Faith And Assumptions That Have Nothing To Do With Science

[youtube]HyRt-4r0LUM[/youtube]

[youtube]OGo6lf6XXIk[/youtube][/b]
    "Just a religious belief" Boy you got that right about religion. NOBODY should have religious beliefs. They should be outlawed.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Aug '15 18:204 edits
    If you are referring to evolution as just the programmed genetics in the cells to allow for reproductive variability and adaptation to survive as well as the God given dominion by man over the animals and plants through selective breeding, etc., then yes that is a part of God's creation.

However, the theory of evolution that bacteria and amoeba came together from chemical elements and molecules by chance and evolved into every plant and animal in existence today without the direction of God is contrary to the Biblical account, especially the part of evilution that suggested the lie that one of the apes, like a chimpanzee, evolved into man rather than man being made directly from the ground by God to be in the image of God.

We have never seen any kind of animal reproduce another kind of animal, the animals all seem restricted within the same family, just as the Holy Bible reveals. So the theory of evolution has never been observed and is certainly not part of observable and reproducible science, the kind of science that benefits the society of man.

So the theory of evolution is speculation that must be accepted on faith and belief just like any other religion of man. It is definitely not science and should not be established as a state religion any more than Humanism.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Aug '15 19:19
    If you are referring to evolution as just the programmed genetics in the cells to allow for reproductive variability and adaptation to survive as well as the God given dominion by man over the animals and plants through selective breeding, etc., then yes that is a part of God's creation.

However, the theory of evolution that bacteria and amoeba came toge ...[text shortened]... definitely not science and should not be established as a state religion any more than Humanism.
    I don't know what it takes to get through to you that life origin is NOT evolution but an entirely different science discipline? Evolution scientists don't do origin studies. They are and always was and always will be separate studies. You just expose your own ignorance with idiotic posts like that.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Aug '15 22:38
    I don't know what it takes to get through to you that life origin is NOT evolution but an entirely different science discipline? Evolution scientists don't do origin studies. They are and always was and always will be separate studies. You just expose your own ignorance with idiotic posts like that.
    You are the one that keeps exposing your own ignorance. 😏
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Aug '15 10:322 edits
    You are the one that keeps exposing your own ignorance. 😏
    Oh, that one cut to the quick. Is that all you got, Tenth Century Man?

I guess this dude is just as ignorant as I:

http://darwin200.christs.cam.ac.uk/pages/index.php?page_id=f8

If you can take off your usual blinders, try reading this, it isn't even a video so you have to have the ability to read, but try it, you might even like it.

This is a new study on the origins of life:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/07/150720094522.htm

Notice, there is no reference to evolution, because like I have been saying all along, life origins and evolution are two separate scientific disciplines. It doesn't matter WHAT the results of the life origin studies reveals, evolution is the study of what happens to life after it is already here.
  10. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    08 Aug '15 14:11
    Notice, there is no reference to evolution, because like I have been saying all along, life origins and evolution are two separate scientific disciplines. It doesn't matter WHAT the results of the life origin studies reveals, evolution is the study of what happens to life after it is already here.
    That is the way Smugface argues, like the kid who just says: Njah, njah!

But as far as evolution vs origin sudies is concerned - YECs like Smugface don't understand the difference between ANY sciences.

They confuse Biology with Geology and Cosmology and Physics and Chemistry.

They only focus on one field of study, and that badly, and that is Mythology.
  11. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    08 Aug '15 14:21
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    No, you don't have to take the bible to be literally true to have a problem between Christianity and science.

Christianity requires faith, belief without evidence and despite contrary evidence.
    Christianity thus promotes faith as a valid and indeed desirable way of determining truth, and of deciding
    what to believe.
    However faith is a complete anathema to science, it goes completely contrary to everything science stands for.

This means that there is an inherent and unavoidable conflict between science and Christianity.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Aug '15 20:47
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    No, you don't have to take the bible to be literally true to have a problem between Christianity and science.

Christianity requires faith, belief without evidence and despite contrary evidence.
    Christianity thus promotes faith as a valid and indeed desirable way of determining truth, and of deciding
    what to believe.
    However faith is a complete ana ...[text shortened]...
    This means that there is an inherent and unavoidable conflict between science and Christianity.
    Then why do you support the theory of Evolution as science when it requires so much blind faith to believe it? 😏
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Aug '15 11:31
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    I don't know how many times you have to be asked to produce this "contrary evidence" before you either produce it, or stop making this claim.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Aug '15 11:39
    Because too many people, on both sides, are frozen in their antiquated mindsets and only want to argue. Never mind being right, at this point. But I will award you the entire internetz for your forward thinking. 🙂
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Aug '15 12:44
    Then why do you support the theory of Evolution as science when it requires so much blind faith to believe it? 😏
    So you think Dr. Behe is just another evolution scientist? He is an avowed creationist and says so right in his own Lehigh University Bio:

faculty

Department Home • Faculty • Post-docs & Research Scientists • Adjuncts • Staff
    Michael J. Behe, Ph.D.Michael J. Behe, Ph.D.
    Professor
    Biochemistry

Department of Biological Sciences
    Iacocca Hall, Room D-221
    111 Research Drive
    Bethlehem, PA 18015
    610-758-3474 voice
    443-346-2436 fax
    mjb1@lehigh.edu

Research Summary

"
    I am interested in the evolution of complex biochemical systems. Many molecular systems in the cell require multiple components in order to function. I have dubbed such systems "irreducibly complex." (Behe 1996b, 2001) Irreducibly complex systems appear to me to be very difficult to explain within a traditional gradualistic Darwinian framework, because the function of the system only appears when the system is essentially complete. (An illustration of the concept of irreducible complexity is the mousetrap pictured on this page, which needs all its parts to work.) Despite much general progress by science in the past half century in understanding how complex biochemical systems work, little progress has been made in explaining how such systems arise in a Darwinian fashion. I have proposed that a better explanation is that such systems were deliberately designed by an intelligent agent. (Behe 1996b, 2001) The proposal of intelligent design has proven to be extremely controversial, both in the scientific community (for example, see Brumfiel, G. 2005. Nature434:1062‑1065) and in the general news media. (Behe 1996a, 1999, 2005) My current work involves: 1) educating various groups to overcome mistaken ideas of what exactly intelligent design entails, so that they can make informed judgments on whether they think it is a plausible hypothesis; and 2) trying to establish a reasoned way to determine a rough dividing line between design and non-design in biochemical systems.

Official Disclaimer

My ideas about irreducible complexity and intelligent design are entirely my own. They certainly are not in any sense endorsed by either Lehigh University in general or the Department of Biological Sciences in particular. In fact, most of my colleagues in the Department strongly disagree with them."

He is a firm believer in creationism, hiding under the term 'intelligent design'.

That makes all of his science work biased before he even starts a project.

He is not out to learn the truth, only to bend his work to force it to support creationism.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree