1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Aug '15 04:22
    The problem with teaching that speaking in tongues is evidence of Spirit baptism is that it leads to people faking such things or actually believing that they can just start babbling and it means they are filled with the Spirit. This allows false teachers to take over and get people to do a lot of crazy things they would not ordinarily do to show off to others that they are filled with the Spirit. The same goes for those snake handlers that result in some people getting bitten and die because of a false understanding.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '15 04:23
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Pentecostalism emerged in the early 20th century among radical adherents of the Holiness movement who were energized by revivalism and expectation for the imminent Second Coming of Christ. In 1900, Charles Parham, an American evangelist and faith healer, began teaching that speaking in tongues was the Bible evidence of Spirit baptism. The three-year-long Azu ...[text shortened]... tion outside of the United Pentecostal church

http://www.eaec.org/cults/unitedpentecostal.htm
    cult beliefs:
    - the practice of baptizing in the name of Jesus Christ only

Can you show us just one place in the New Testament where the diciples baptised in any other method than this?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Aug '15 06:23
    Originally posted by divegeester
    [b]cult beliefs:
    - the practice of baptizing in the name of Jesus Christ only

Can you show us just one place in the New Testament where the diciples baptised in any other method than this?[/b]
    No. However, Jesus told the disciple to go and baptize in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19). 😏

HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Aug '15 09:01
    Okay. I was just making sure.
    🙂
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Aug '15 09:15
    The problem with teaching that speaking in tongues is evidence of Spirit baptism is that it leads to people faking such things or actually believing that they can just start babbling and it means they are filled with the Spirit. This allows false teachers to take over and get people to do a lot of crazy things they would not ordinarily do to show off to oth ...[text shortened]... ake handlers that result in some people getting bitten and die because of a false understanding.
    Just because someone does it falsely doesn't take away from the truth of it.
    I agree there are those that make it up, there are those that want to show the world how
    spiritual they are. A dangerous thing in my opinion and in more than one place in scripture
    are people doing that. There are false prophets, there are those who claim to be
    Christians that are not, people can be false in any field or any job.

The truth will set us free, and I can tell you God honors His word. False teachers, demons,
    and all manner of liars can present a falsehood concerning any part of God's truth, or for
    that manner anything else in this world. The scripture is clear and God honors His Word,
    we don’t need to fear the Spirit of God, and with God we can come to Him and ask for
    His Holy Spirit and know God would never give us a demon instead, what kind of father
    would He be if He did that, He gives what is good, not bad.

Luke 11: 11-14
    11 “Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Aug '15 10:40
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Just because someone does it falsely doesn't take away from the truth of it.
    I agree there are those that make it up, there are those that want to show the world how
    spiritual they are. A dangerous thing in my opinion and in more than one place in scripture
    are people doing that. There are false prophets, there are those who claim to be
    Christians that ...[text shortened]... r children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”
    Getting a bit far off the op aren't we? I can therefore think you all don't even think it is debatable, what with biblical creation being the ONLY TRUE belief, right?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Aug '15 13:23
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Getting a bit far off the op aren't we? I can therefore think you all don't even think it is debatable, what with biblical creation being the ONLY TRUE belief, right?
    "ONLY TRUE belief..." Not sure what you are trying to express here, every belief is true to
    those that hold it, it is what they believe. The trick isn't that we believe in something it is
    that we our beliefs line up with reality, as it is. I freely admit I have beliefs and that I can be
    wrong, I'm not telling you and everyone else you must accept my views on any topic or am
    I attempting to force other views from mine out of schools and class rooms. If something
    is true, regardless the forum it should be able to stand up on its own.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Aug '15 16:23
    We are saying the creation theory is right until it is proven wrong in a journal of bioscience. 😏
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '15 18:122 edits
    No. However, Jesus told the disciple to go and baptize in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19.
    No of course you can't because they ALWAYS baptised in the name of Jesus only (contrary to that erroneous website you referenced), why do you think that was?
  10. Standard memberCalJustonline
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    11 Aug '15 18:361 edit
    We are saying the creation theory is right until it is proven wrong in a journal of bioscience. 😏
    The creation theory, as expressed by RJH and KJ is proven wrong in EVERY SINGLE journal of bioscience!

(And in every journal of geology, ecology, astronomy, immunology, neurology, and any science you care to name.)
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Aug '15 19:15
    Originally posted by CalJust
    The creation theory, as expressed by RJH and KJ is proven wrong in EVERY SINGLE journal of bioscience!

(And in every journal of geology, ecology, astronomy, immunology, neurology, and any science you care to name.)
    I do not push anything called creation theory, so I really do not see how you get off throwing
    my name in this, "EVERY SINGLE journal of bioscience" statement. What are you talking
    about anyway?

What part of anything have I ever said that you've seen refuted in all the journal's of
    bioscience?

You pulling something out of a normally hidden body part here CalJust?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Aug '15 19:16
    Originally posted by CalJust

Let me guess every single journal of bioscience refutes anything that has anything to do
    with creation?
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Aug '15 19:18
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    "ONLY TRUE belief..." Not sure what you are trying to express here, every belief is true to
    those that hold it, it is what they believe. The trick isn't that we believe in something it is
    that we our beliefs line up with reality, as it is. I freely admit I have beliefs and that I can be
    wrong, I'm not telling you and everyone else you must accept my vie ...[text shortened]... ass rooms. If something
    is true, regardless the forum it should be able to stand up on its own.
    That's why I say you are the light of reason compared to RJ. He cannot EVER be wrong about such things as the age of Earth and so forth, the programming is so deep he is stuck with that one trick pony attitude till he dies.

Enough evidence piles up, I think you will agree the world is 4 billion years old and that is that, no more thinking it is 6K years old.

That is the difference between you and RJ.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Aug '15 22:271 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    No of course you can't because they ALWAYS baptised [b]in the name of Jesus only (contrary to that erroneous website you referenced), why do you think that was?[/b]
    Jesus was baptized in the name of John the Baptise as were many others. And even though the book of acts reports the baptism in the name of Jesus, some could have baptized in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit as is the custom of many Christian Churches of today in strictly adhering to the literal words of Jesus reported in Matthew 28.

So to say you must ONLY be baptized in the name of Jesus is not in scripture even though the name of God is within the Hebrew version of Jesus (YaHshua).

HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Aug '15 22:32
    That's why I say you are the light of reason compared to RJ. He cannot EVER be wrong about such things as the age of Earth and so forth, the programming is so deep he is stuck with that one trick pony attitude till he dies.

Enough evidence piles up, I think you will agree the world is 4 billion years old and that is that, no more thinking it is 6K years old.

That is the difference between you and RJ.
    The only difference is that I speak with more certainty on the subject. 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree