1. Joined
    28 Aug '10
    Moves
    27 Jan '15 18:29
    In Sunday School we laughed at the Muslims for believing Muhammad went to Heaven on a flying horse, but we believed that Elijah flew there on a firey horse-drawn chariot. The chariot is what makes the difference.
  2. Joined
    28 Aug '10
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 13:55
    Q: Does the Second Law of Thermodynamics forbid evolution?
    A: "The tendency to disorganization and decay (entropy) entered the world through Adam's sin. Evolution is therefore impossible.". (Travis Wagner, Creation Science Association of Saskatchewan)
    Note: This is no longer the clear teaching of the Bible. See Answers in Genesis, Arguments Creationists should never use, Second Law of Thermodynamics).
  3. Joined
    28 Aug '10
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 18:19
    Q: Why does the moon have crators?
    A: They are the result of an artillery battle between angels and demons. (The Remarkable Birth of Planet Earth, 1972, Henry Morris, President of the Institute for Creation Research).
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 20:37
    Originally posted by catstorm
    I am not ridiculing the teachings of Jesus. I am ridiculing the bad science of creationism. I have no problem with your pointing out the irrational beliefs I may have, which I admit I cannot defend, but may be able to some day. I respect atheists and agree with much of what they say. However I was raised (indoctrinated) in the Christian faith and what i ...[text shortened]... e examined, as I am doing, and not merely swallowed because "the priest/rabbi/minister says so."
    Why not ridicule the bad science of evolution? Or am I doing a good enough job of that?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 20:54
    In Sunday School we laughed at the Muslims for believing Muhammad went to Heaven on a flying horse, but we believed that Elijah flew there on a firey horse-drawn chariot. The chariot is what makes the difference.
    Not exactly. The Holy Bible says that Elijah was taken up into heaven by a whirlwind.

And it came to pass, when the Lord was about to take up Elijah into heaven by a whirlwind, that Elijah went with Elisha from Gilgal.

Then it happened, as they continued on and talked, that suddenly a chariot of fire appeared with horses of fire, and separated the two of them; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

And Elisha saw it, and he cried out, “My father, my father, the chariot of Israel and its horsemen!” So he saw him no more.

(2 Kings 2:1, 11-12 NKJV)
  6. Joined
    28 Aug '10
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 21:37
    Thank you for the correction. You are right, of course.
  7. Joined
    28 Aug '10
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 21:59
    Henry Morris declared that the moon's craters were the result of an artillery battle between angels and demons. Answers in Genesis says that this is not true. One of these creationists is therefore wrong. As an experiment to see whether or not the sky will fall, can you agree with me on this?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 22:26
    Henry Morris declared that the moon's craters were the result of an artillery battle between angels and demons. Answers in Genesis says that this is not true. One of these creationists is therefore wrong. As an experiment to see whether or not the sky will fall, can you agree with me on this?
    If Henry Morris said such a thing, my first idea is that he is just making a wild speculation or a joke. 😏
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 23:47
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    If Henry Morris said such a thing, my first idea is that he is just making a wild speculation or a joke. 😏
    You can see for yourself if you want. In the reviews at this link, the crater story is critiqued.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Remarkable-Birth-Planet-Earth/dp/0871234858

Not that I care one way or the other. Just enabling you to check if you want.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jan '15 02:201 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    You can see for yourself if you want. In the reviews at this link, the crater story is critiqued.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Remarkable-Birth-Planet-Earth/dp/0871234858

Not that I care one way or the other. Just enabling you to check if you want.
    Thanks. I just ordered a used one for a penny + $3.99 shipping. I want to make sure he does not mean this as a joke. If not, then I am interested as to how he came to this seemingly weird idea.
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '15 02:45
    Thanks. I just ordered a used one for a penny + $3.99 shipping. I want to make sure he does not mean this as a joke. If not, then I am interested as to how he came to this seemingly weird idea.
    Wow I am happy that you are so receptive.
  12. Joined
    28 Aug '10
    Moves
    30 Jan '15 14:03
    I hope you enjoy it. If you reject his idea, you will not be rejecting God or the Bible. The same is true of me when I rejected the guest speaker who brought a dinosaur trap to my church.
  13. Joined
    28 Aug '10
    Moves
    30 Jan '15 17:18
    Q: Is it true that evangelist Billy Graham accepts the possibility of evolution?
    A: Yes. Google (Billy Graham, evolution). I would like some comments on what a horrible monster Reverend Graham is. Please use the expression 'Holy! Holy! Holy!' as much as possible, as this is a valid scientific argument that has been sadly neglected.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jan '15 17:45
    Q: Is it true that evangelist Billy Graham accepts the possibility of evolution?
    A: Yes. Google (Billy Graham, evolution). I would like some comments on what a horrible monster Reverend Graham is. Please use the expression 'Holy! Holy! Holy!' as much as possible, as this is a valid scientific argument that has been sadly neglected.
    "I believe that God created man, and whether it came by an evolutionary process and at a certain point He took this person or being and made him a living soul or not, does not change the fact that God did create man. ... whichever way God did it makes no difference as to what man is and man's relationship to God."

- Evangelist Billy Graham

It is obvious that Billy Graham's focus was on evangelism and not science. I do not wish to disparage a man that did not really understand the so-called evolutionary process after his death, when he can not defend himself.
  15. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '15 17:522 edits
    "I believe that God created man, and whether it came by an evolutionary process and at a certain point He took this person or being and made him a living soul or not, does not change the fact that God did create man. ... whichever way God did it makes no difference as to what man is and man's relationship to God."

- Evangelist Billy Graham
    ...[text shortened]... y understand the so-called evolutionary process after his death, when he can not defend himself.
    Wikipedia and several other sites report him to be alive.

http://en.mediamass.net/people/billy-graham/deathhoax.html

So please go ahead and say what he didn't understand. It won't disparage him.

BTW Wikipedia says he has a BA in anthropology.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree