Creationism smack-down!

Creationism smack-down!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Nov 14
3 edits

Originally posted by C Hess
The fossils used to verify evolution are all fossils. And the fossils are only a small part of the evidence for evolution. What they demonstrate, when you put them in chronological order is a gradual change in populations over many generations, exactly as evolutionary theory predicts. Now, you can attack the assumption that the fossils appear in chrono ...[text shortened]... arrange all the fossils such that they appear to tell the story of evolution over time, and why?
The evidence of population increase and a sudden decrease and increase again is what one should expect if the account of creation and a worldwide flood, as told in the Holy Bible, is true. Marine fossils on high mountains is evidence of a worldwide flood. The layering of sediment is consistent with a world wide flood and there is nothing about the fossil record that disproves a worldwide flood. A story of evolution is not told in the fossil record, but only in the mind and imagination of the story tellers.

Why The Fossil Record Does Not Support Evolution

Moves
27 Nov 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
The evidence of population increase and a sudden decrease and increase again is what one should expect if the account of creation and a worldwide flood, as told in the Holy Bible, is true. Marine fossils on high mountains is evidence of a worldwide flood. The layering of sediment is consistent with a world wide flood and there is nothing about the fossil re ...[text shortened]...
Why The Fossil Record Does Not Support Evolution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so3BhFWaSeY
Go out back to your swimming pool (if you have one). Make sure it's empty. Now take mud and sand and grass and little rocks and arrange them into nice little landscapes. Also, take all your toys (plastic dinosaurs, soldiers and the like) and stand them all up in your neat little landscape. Finally, fill the swimming pool up with water. Invite your friends and dive into the pool. Swim around and such, make sure you create waves, as though your miniature world experiences a massive flood.

After a few hours, I want you to let the water out, but leave the mud, sand, grovel, grass and toys be. Once the water is out, if you find the different materials neatly layered, and the toys arranged so that all the dinosaurs are in a layer close to the bottom and all the soldiers are in a layer close to the top, you win. Otherwise, the theory of evolution wins.

Go ahead. Oh, and have fun. It's not everyday you get to combine experiment with pleasure. 🙂

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Nov 14

Go out back to your swimming pool (if you have one). Make sure it's empty. Now take mud and sand and grass and little rocks and arrange them into nice little landscapes. Also, take all your toys (plastic dinosaurs, soldiers and the like) and stand them all up in your neat little landscape. Finally, fill the swimming pool up with water. Invite your friends an ...[text shortened]...

Go ahead. Oh, and have fun. It's not everyday you get to combine experiment with pleasure. 🙂
I don't have a swimming pool now. But that seems like a stupid experiement that would not prove anything to me. However, I believe you could learn something from the video.

Moves
28 Nov 14
1 edit

I don't have a swimming pool now. But that seems like a stupid experiement that would not prove anything to me. However, I believe you could learn something from the video.
It would prove that in a flood things don't float neatly to the bottom, and arranging themselves into a layered order based on their appearance. It would prove the flood myth wrong, so I can see why you wouldn't want to run that experiment.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Nov 14

It would prove that in a flood things don't float neatly to the bottom, and arranging themselves into a layered order based on their appearance. It would prove the flood myth wrong, so I can see why you wouldn't want to run that experiment.
A worldwide flood is very much different from water in a swimming pool.

Moves
28 Nov 14

A worldwide flood is very much different from water in a swimming pool.
So, in a worldwide flood, when things die, they neatly arrange themselves into layers? The dead human bubbles to the dinosaur: "No, please, you go first. I'll wait until you're covered by many different layers of various material, and then I'll float to the bottom too." Every single dead human floating in the water died up to this arrangment, and every dead dinosaur did the same for the dead trilobites.

And behold, every form of animal that looked alike, laid down at the bottom in highly ordered layers. And so it was that a certain kind of dinosaur ended up beneath a very similar but not quite the same kind of dinosaur, that ended up beneath a third kind of dinosaur that had more in common with the second than the first, yet the third was different from the first two, and a fourth on top of all three that had more in common with the third than the second, and more in common with the second than the first. And so I say unto you, is this not supreme evidence that our creator and most high has a, uhm, a, uh, a compulsary need for ordering things?

😕

Let's consider an interesting fact. We know that very few organisms actually leave fossil trails. Like maybe a percent or so (I don't know the actual number, but not many organisms leave a fossil trail for us to find). Given the amount of fossils we've found of extinct species, can you imagine how crowded the landmass would have been, had they all lived at the same time? Perhaps they ordered themselves before the flood? Because of it being crowded and all? Like, they would stand on each others heads? And then mud and shyte would get stuck between them? Like a layered cake? Such that it looks like evolution? But really? These animals were just natural acrobats? And filing experts? And trilobites had really, really, like, super strong shells? Like totally awesome?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Nov 14

So, in a worldwide flood, when things die, they neatly arrange themselves into layers? The dead human bubbles to the dinosaur: "No, please, you go first. I'll wait until you're covered by many different layers of various material, and then I'll float to the bottom too." Every single dead human floating in the water died up to this arrangment, and every dead d ...[text shortened]... ing experts? And trilobites had really, really, like, super strong shells? Like totally awesome?
I don't see that the amount of fossils show that the earth was so crowded. They don't seem very many to me considering the size of the earth. I haven't heard of very many people digging up fossils in their back yard.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 Dec 14

I don't see that the amount of fossils show that the earth was so crowded. They don't seem very many to me considering the size of the earth. I haven't heard of very many people digging up fossils in their back yard.
If you dug in YOUR back yard, an experiment I can guarantee you won't, but if by some weird chance you did, you would find fossils. There are way more than you and your ilk want to think.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Dec 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
If you dug in YOUR back yard, an experiment I can guarantee you won't, but if by some weird chance you did, you would find fossils. There are way more than you and your ilk want to think.
I don't have an ilk to my knowledge.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 Dec 14

I don't have an ilk to my knowledge.
Did you think that was a clever tactic? You put out a nonsense phrase and expect that to be an answer to my charge?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Dec 14

Did you think that was a clever tactic? You put out a nonsense phrase and expect that to be an answer to my charge?
I didn't think about being clever.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 Dec 14

I didn't think about being clever.
well, the first half of that sentence was right.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Dec 14

well, the first half of that sentence was right.
Now are you trying to be clever, old man?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 Dec 14

Now are you trying to be clever, old man?
No, just factual.

Moves
03 Dec 14

If the millions upon millions of fossils found represent but a percent of the total, the landmass must have been crowded indeed.

But ignoring that, how do you explain the neat order of fossils, if they all died in a worldwide flood?