1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Sep '13 09:45
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    Maybe RJ has a point. You'd think by now he would've evolved a brain.

Funny how he uses youtube to 'prove' his delusions.

Using youtube I can also prove:

Big Foot exists
    http://youtu.be/BzZWqRdkoBI

Mermaids exist
    http://youtu.be/tJ0ZskVRO_s

the Loch Ness Monster exists
    http://youtu.be/2-Q-IwUijoc

Vampires exist
    http://youtu.be/64na ...[text shortened]... proof that RJHinds exists, however. The rumors of him being a cartoon may be true.

🙄
    You didn't look hard enough. Seek and ye shall find.

The Instructor
  2. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    14 Sep '13 11:011 edit
    Originally posted by e4chris
    it seems controversial to point out here but evolution was pretty / very evil science til 1945 - all bad things were justified with it. Maybe creationists just don't like that?
    i get 2 thumbs down for that - I wonder in a world of googlefudge and free donuts if you folks forget World War 2 happened and was driven by Evil-lutionairy ideas on the Nazi side. There were people in my family with correspondence with Churchill, I wonder if you have any comprehension what the English did as revenge (I do!)
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Sep '13 13:14
    i get 2 thumbs down for that - I wonder in a world of googlefudge and free donuts if you folks forget World War 2 happened and was driven by Evil-lutionairy ideas on the Nazi side.
    Even if you were correct, and World War 2 was a result of people misusing ideas from the science of evolution, that would not make you earlier post correct.
    For example, if I start a war citing ideas from Einstein's theory of gravity as my motivation would that make Einsteins theory of gravity into 'evil science'? No, of course not.
    So I am giving you another thumbs down to drive the point home.
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '13 16:25
    i get 2 thumbs down for that - I wonder in a world of googlefudge and free donuts if you folks forget World War 2 happened and was driven by Evil-lutionairy ideas on the Nazi side. There were people in my family with correspondence with Churchill, I wonder if you have any comprehension what the English did as revenge (I do!)
    "...World War 2 happened and was driven by Evil-lutionairy ideas on the Nazi side."

Wow. Reductio ad Hitlerum and Godwin's law in one morning!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law
  5. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    14 Sep '13 17:163 edits
    I studied chemistry and half the lecturers did verge on Nazis, I had bosses that do, people who contempt druggies that do, I can't stand anything that looks Nazi, and believing you have some scientific parroted supremacy with no constraints like god or morals - that sounds Nazi to me - being greedy, feckless and indifferent to the needs of others is Nazi, just takes enough.. and to this day I would love to ... do what my grandparents did to them...

this song treats the issue with to much flippancy but theres no shortage on here --- if I can shoot rabbits...
    YouTube

nuff said, go to hell if you disagree, don't bother posting in my threads.
  6. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    14 Sep '13 17:25
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Even if you were correct, and World War 2 was a result of people misusing ideas from the science of evolution, that would not make you earlier post correct.
    For example, if I start a war citing ideas from Einstein's theory of gravity as my motivation would that make Einsteins theory of gravity into 'evil science'? No, of course not.
    So I am giving you another thumbs down to drive the point home.
    don't give me rubbish we fought ww2 your country couldn't spell a decent race policy til the 90s
  7. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    14 Sep '13 20:042 edits
    ON TOPIC !!

I'm not sure if there is a Creationist Agenda as such - most Christian Agendas are quite clear and well known and fighting poverty has always been one. But if Christians get too fired up they could get oppressive.

I find the atheist agenda these days more worrying - You want god like multinationals, databases, weapon systems, trade countries debts, close factories at a button-

The modern world with no Christian accountability worries me more. I don't want to blame the Nazis but it is fair to say they boarded a train in the 1930s that looked modern, futuristic, a Hindenburg. And I think I still see those attitudes today - often fighting against Creationism.

The Creationist ideas for me do carry some weight. They argue about a time period when evolution was not the main force changing nature but us. So I think it deserves a little more credit and don't think that would proliferate into other ideas being pushed on me.
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '13 20:33
    ON TOPIC !!

I'm not sure if there is a Creationist Agenda as such - most Christian Agendas are quite clear and well known and fighting poverty has always been one. But if Christians get too fired up they could get oppressive.

I find the atheist agenda these days more worrying - You want god like multinationals, databases, weapon systems, trade countri ...[text shortened]... ittle more credit and don't think that would proliferate into other ideas being pushed on me.
    What "other ideas" are you thinking about?
  9. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    14 Sep '13 20:461 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    What "other ideas" are you thinking about?
    edit - anti abortion, death penalty maybe , homophobia, conscription who knows - but I don't think they go with creationism - evolution is the science of war to my mind and the creationists are quite nice
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '13 20:57
    edit - anti abortion, death penalty maybe , homophobia, conscription who knows - but I don't think they go with creationism - evolution is the science of war to my mind and the creationists are quite nice
    So you don't believe the Wedge Strategy is real?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedge_strategy

http://www.antievolution.org/features/wedge.html

The second of these links IS the wedge strategy.

It says, "Discovery Institute's Center for the Renewal of Science and Culture seeks nothing less than the overthrow of materialism and its cultural legacies. Bringing together leading scholars from the natural sciences and those from the humanities and social sciences, the Center explores how new developments in biology, physics and cognitive science raise serious doubts about scientific materialism and have re-opened the case for a broadly theistic understanding of nature. The Center awards fellowships for original research, holds conferences, and briefs policymakers about the opportunities for life after materialism."

This document reveals how the srategy affects business, health and environmental issues:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Wedge_Document#Twenty_Year_Goals

""Wedge documents" have leaked from various astroturf campaigns, especially anti-environmental and denialist efforts by industries opposed to regulation. The most notorious of these are probably the 1969 Brown and Williamson tobacco memo containing the infamous phrase "doubt is our product", and the global warming memo authored by Frank Luntz that was leaked in the early 2000s. "
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Sep '13 21:06
    don't give me rubbish we fought ww2 your country couldn't spell a decent race policy til the 90s
    That doesn't make you right. The fact that you have to resort to insults just shows you know you are wrong and fully deserving of all those thumbs down.
  12. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    14 Sep '13 21:27
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    That doesn't make you right. The fact that you have to resort to insults just shows you know you are wrong and fully deserving of all those thumbs down.
    so what great evolutionists do you admire?
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '13 21:43
    so what great evolutionists do you admire?
    "Evolutionism was a widely held 19th century belief that organisms are intrinsically bound to increase in complexity through evolution.[1][2] The belief was extended to include cultural evolution and social evolution.[3]

(wikipedia)

I for one don't subscribe to this outdated -ism. It is akin to Social Darwinism which is unscientific.

But your asking the question this way may mean that you are confusing the science of evolution with political movements that distort that science.
  14. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    14 Sep '13 21:541 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    "Evolutionism was a widely held 19th century belief that organisms are intrinsically bound to increase in complexity through evolution.[1][2] The belief was extended to include cultural evolution and social evolution.[3]

(wikipedia)

I for one don't subscribe to this outdated -ism. It is akin to Social Darwinism which is unscientific.

But your asking t ...[text shortened]... you are confusing the science of evolution with political movements that distort that science.
    I'll look up the 'Wedge Strategy' .... have been busy playing chess just now 🙂 I know a few churches admit to campaigning in the media - the moonies
  15. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    14 Sep '13 22:511 edit
    Originally posted by Phranny
    Teaching creationism in our schools will lead to a dumbing down of our youth which will lead to our economic downfall. Education, not bombs, is the way to ensure sustained economic growth for any nation. I think those who believe in creationism are terribly misguided religious nuts. Most Christians, especially those with more than an eighth grade education, believe in evolution and science.
    That is a good argument against creationism, but what about parents who will pay / move for theirs kids to go to a religious school? - Surely these schools must teach science to a decent standard to?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree