1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Dec '09 07:00
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    its interesting that you state, 'pitiful presents', for i think the commercial aspect has many people under pressure, especially if they have kids.
    ..and you wont be doing anything special either I guess?

(The adults get bottles of wine and the kids get vouchers. Its an investment after all. I'm going to get better than I give ,thats for sure)
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Dec '09 12:24
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    ..and you wont be doing anything special either I guess?

(The adults get bottles of wine and the kids get vouchers. Its an investment after all. I'm going to get better than I give ,thats for sure)
    Hi, even though i am a witness of the most high God, and do not celebrate the festival, for obvious reasons, i realise that it is important to others, like my mom and dad etc to have the family together therefore i simply go and have a meal. my parents insist on giving gifts to my son and why should i deny them the happiness of giving?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '09 12:341 edit
    To me Christmas is a welcome hiatus from the work cycle, a pleasant time to mix with family and loved ones, to reflect on what is, an opportunity to be nostalgic if you so desire - and to spend a wallet crunching amount of money on stuff we don't need and on food we won't eat. It has absolutely nothing to do with Christ or Christianity, at least not as I see it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree