1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 11:21
    @fmf said
    So, if it's between Jesus and divegeester why is sonship being so sanctimonious about divegeester's personality and his relationships with people sonship doesn't approve of?
    That is a sonship question, but bottom line its a relationship question between
    dive and Jesus. There are things we except to see when someone is saved, but
    I don't worry about even those. People who generate strife, are hateful, mean
    spirited are not displaying the fruit of the Spirit, but if they are Christian and God's
    Spirit is within them they are a work in process. So I don't worry about it.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 11:27
    @sonship said
    We Christians are surely to be lovers of mankind. And we should respect fellow human beings all.
    What evidence is there you do? You have described people with non-Christian ideas of "eating faeces" and when they share their ideas, you have described them as "spreading germs" like "unclean dogs" and "unclean pigs" or being like "stinking lepers". Where is the evidence you are "surely a lover of mankind" and you "respect all fellow human beings"?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 11:31
    @kellyjay said
    That is a sonship question, but bottom line its a relationship question between
    dive and Jesus. There are things we except to see when someone is saved, but
    I don't worry about even those. People who generate strife, are hateful, mean
    spirited are not displaying the fruit of the Spirit, but if they are Christian and God's
    Spirit is within them they are a work in process. So I don't worry about it.
    Who is " hateful and mean spirited"? You? sonship? divegeester? Who are you talking about?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 11:36
    @kellyjay said
    We reveal what is in our hearts by things we say and do. When the judgment
    comes none of us will be with excuses that will hold water. Which is why what
    Jesus did is so important, not one of us is good enough on our own, yet many
    here do attempt to put how they see themselves, above others as if that actually
    meant something. It is a hard thing to find that space where w ...[text shortened]... as
    well, I cannot think of anyone who doesn't offend in some manner even with the
    best attentions.
    This thread is intended for discussion about the nature of theist-atheist discourse, if anyone is interested, and is not intended for theists to continue to claim that they are making atheists "dance" with the recitation their religious doctrines.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 12:16
    @fmf said
    This thread is intended for discussion about the nature of theist-atheist discourse, if anyone is interested, and is not intended for theists to continue to claim that they are making atheists "dance" with the recitation their religious doctrines.
    If theists are said to make atheists dance, then it can be equally argued that atheists make theists stumble. (Some more than most).

Take for example the 'contemplating suicide' thread where sonship stumbled almost immediately and never regained his footing.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 12:50
    @fmf said
    Who is " hateful and mean spirited"? You? sonship? divegeester? Who are you talking about?
    Quite obvious who.
  7. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 14:22
    @fmf said
    This thread is intended for discussion about the nature of theist-atheist discourse, if anyone is interested, and is not intended for theists to continue to claim that they are making atheists "dance" with the recitation their religious doctrines.
    the repition of arguments and talking points DOES make it seem as if the "discussion" is a waltz...

of course, i do not know why i point this out to you, you already see it,
    and,
    i really think until a new point is raised,
    this is a wonderfully inane method of presenting one's view...

perhaps a powerpoint presentation of the reality/non-reality of God and opposite points and points that merely obscure and then the addition of those who care not...

ah, good day
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 14:44
    @fmf said
    Wasn’t implying any here are, just stating what we look for. The fruit of the Spirit should be seen in a believers life. You can not have an encounter with God and nothing changes in your life.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 14:452 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Take for example the 'contemplating suicide' thread where sonship stumbled almost immediately and never regained his footing

So before "almost immediately" you found some useful things there ?

IE. before "almost immediately" one post said -

Believe in the TERMINATING death of Christ on your behalf and put it to work.

I said believe in the TERMINATING death of Jesus on your behalf and [ put ]its mighty power to work for you killing [ off ] everything in you that saddens your life.

Let's start with a verse. Let's start with a promise.

"For the love of Christ constrains us because we have judged this, that One died for all, therefore all died." (2 Cor. 5:14)

This verse specifies not the redeeming death of Jesus. That is covered by many other passages. This verse is about the TERMINATING power of the death of Jesus.

One died, Jesus Christ so that potentially ALL DIED.
    This is the gospel of realizing that you can UTILIZE the death of Christ to supernaturally do the work for you that you think suicide would do.

The thread will explore the TERMINATING power of the death of Christ (this time over the REDEEMING power of His death).
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 15:49
    @kellyjay said
    Wasn’t implying any here are, just stating what we look for.
    What does it have to do with this conversation then?
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 16:23
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Take for example the 'contemplating suicide' thread where sonship stumbled almost immediately and never regained his footing

So before "almost immediately" you found some useful things there ?

IE. before "almost immediately" one post said -

Believe in the TERMINATING death of Christ on your behalf and put it to work.

...[text shortened]... TERMINATING power of the death of Christ (this time over the REDEEMING power of His death).
    I was being polite. You stumbled with your OP.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 17:11
    @fmf said
    What does it have to do with this conversation then?
    Believe it or not we can make points and not have to belittle one another!
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 17:163 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

I agree. I got off track some.
    So how do you like that ?

Have you ever heard the saying "Prove all things and hold fast to that which is good" ?

The New Testament is really good in revealing how Christ's death can work on our behalf.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 17:521 edit
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

I agree. I got off track some.
    So how do you like that ?

Have you ever heard the saying "Prove all things and hold fast to that which is good" ?

The New Testament is really good in revealing how Christ's death can work on our behalf.
    How did you manage to get 'off track some' with your very first post in a thread of your own creation?

(Which incidentally received a huge number of thumbs down).

Edit: 11 at the last count.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 22:362 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

How did you manage to get 'off track some' with your very first post in a thread of your own creation?

(Which incidentally received a huge number of thumbs down).

Thumbs down is an indication of disapproval ?
    Only ad populum logical fallacies welcomed here ?

I don't know if introducing the videos inflamed emotions to the point of break-down of dialogue.

Somewhere around the time I introduced some personal testimonials about the sorrows of transgender surgery a couple of people went ballistic.

Some came along touting their knowledge of statistics.
    As if statistics was suppose to paint a utopian picture of kids who are preyed on for puberty blocking drugs and latter surgery.

If I recall, you refused to even watch the testimonials.
    If I recall, you refused to even hear the physician give an overview of the history of the sex change industry from a medical perspective.

Then of course anyone not jumping on the happy media hyped bandwagon of sex change hysteria is a southern religious bigot.

Gather some more thumbs down. Truth is determined by numbers and directions of thumbs for some here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree