1. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    26 Jun '19 15:52
    @patzering said
    win the lottery 😐
    I think the god you need to beseech is Ganesh .
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Jun '19 15:58
    @caissad4 said
    From wiki:

Prosperity theology (sometimes referred to as the prosperity gospel, the health and wealth gospel, the gospel of success, or seed faith)[A] is a religious belief among some Protestant Christians, who hold that financial blessing and physical well-being are always the will of God for them, and that faith, positive speech, and donations to religious causes will increase one's material wealth.[1] Prosperity theology views the Bible as a contract between God and humans: if humans have faith in God, he will deliver security and prosperity.[2]

The doctrine emphasizes the importance of personal empowerment, proposing that it is God's will for his people to be blessed. The atonement (reconciliation with God) is interpreted to include the alleviation of sickness and poverty, which are viewed as curses to be broken by faith. This is believed to be achieved through donations of money, visualization, and positive confession.
  3. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    26 Jun '19 15:59
    @caissad4 said
    Ganesh is the remover of obstacles. Lakshmi, the goddess of prosperity is a more direct patron of the OP request.

Success comes from knowing to whom one is asking ... 😏
  4. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    26 Jun '19 16:51
    @hakima said
    Ganesh is the remover of obstacles. Lakshmi, the goddess of prosperity is a more direct patron of the OP request.

Success comes from knowing to whom one is asking ... 😏
    My boss at the hotel is Hindu and has a small wooden Ganesh altar with other items on it. I just assumed this had something to do with financial success. My error.
  5. Standard memberPatzering
    is getting old...
    Moves
    26 Jun '19 23:23
    Lakshmi 🤔
    I'll look into it.
  6. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    26 Jun '19 23:51
    Grand Buffet ... always the same.

People come, people go,

so many are dissatisfied no matter how lavish the spread.
  7. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    27 Jun '19 00:13
    @caissad4 said
    Or Kool-Aid Man.
  8. Standard memberPatzering
    is getting old...
    Moves
    27 Jun '19 00:20
    Hey! 😡
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '19 19:04
    @ThinkOfOne

if humans have faith in God, he will deliver security and prosperity.[2]

The oldest book in the Bible, the book of Job challenges this assumption up front, and right away.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Jun '19 02:33
    @bigdoggproblem said
    If he is omniscient, he cannot help but have read it.
    And probably wishes he hadn't.
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Jun '19 03:11
    @sonship said
    @ThinkOfOne

if humans have faith in God, he will deliver security and prosperity.[2]

The oldest book in the Bible, the book of Job challenges this assumption up front, and right away.
    Yet many Christians believe in the Prosperity Gospel because it allows them to feel good about themselves to do so. Just as many Christians believe in the atoning sacrifice, the total depravity of man, that man cannot make himself righteous, that it is impossible to cease to sin, etc. because it allow them to feel good about themselves to do so (or at least not to feel too bad) or relieve them of responsibility. It's a self-serving system of beliefs that is almost antithetical to the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth.
  12. Standard memberPatzering
    is getting old...
    Moves
    28 Jun '19 03:12
    @whodey said
    And probably wishes he hadn't.
    LoL
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jun '19 05:34
    @thinkofone said
    From wiki:

Prosperity theology (sometimes referred to as the prosperity gospel, the health and wealth gospel, the gospel of success, or seed faith)[A] is a religious belief among some Protestant Christians, who hold that financial blessing and physical well-being are always the will of God for them, and that faith, positive speech, and donations to religious causes will ...[text shortened]... This is believed to be achieved through donations of money, visualization, and positive confession.
    I always wondered how conservatives could face the differences between their actions and the teachings of Jesus.

Turns out that fooling themselves and making crap up in the Bible are leading strategies.

I knew it couldn't be anything about facing the reality of their sins.
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Jun '19 18:01
    @suzianne said
    I always wondered how conservatives could face the differences between their actions and the teachings of Jesus.

Turns out that fooling themselves and making crap up in the Bible are leading strategies.

From what I gather, they believe that they have fulfilled the requirements to live in the kingdom, receive eternal life and receive the Holy Spirit.

What do you think is going on there? They haven't received the Holy Spirit? The Holy Spirit is largely ineffectual?

What's to face? Their sins have been atoned for and they have been forgiven.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Jun '19 23:42
    @Patzering
    I would if only you knew how to spend

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree