28 Jun '19 23:44
    @divegeester there is no god
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Jun '19 09:12
    @thinkofone said
    Yet many Christians believe in the Prosperity Gospel because it allows them to feel good about themselves to do so. Just as many Christians believe in the atoning sacrifice, the total depravity of man, that man cannot make himself righteous, that it is impossible to cease to sin, etc. because it allow them to feel good about themselves to do so (or at least not to feel too ...[text shortened]... em of beliefs that is almost antithetical to the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth.
    Part of what you speak about here is Calvinism. What is your opinion of Calvinism?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Jun '19 09:14
    @thinkofone said
    From what I gather, they believe that they have fulfilled the requirements to live in the kingdom, receive eternal life and receive the Holy Spirit.

What do you think is going on there? They haven't received the Holy Spirit? The Holy Spirit is largely ineffectual?

I knew it couldn't be anything about facing the reality of their sins.

What's to face? Their sins have been atoned for and they have been forgiven.
    And yet they continue to sin.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Jun '19 21:54
    @suzianne said
    And yet they continue to sin.
    And they believe that their sins have been atoned for and they continue to be forgiven.

What's your point?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Jun '19 21:55
    @whodey said
    And probably wishes he hadn't.
    I don't see how you can say that. Reading this forum would only convince him that things are going exactly according to his plan.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Jun '19 21:561 edit
    @thinkofone said
    And they believe that their sins have been atoned for and they continue to be forgiven.

What's your point?
    And yet they continue to sin. They are hypocrites.

That is my point.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Jun '19 22:031 edit
    @suzianne said
    And yet they continue to sin. They are hypocrites.

That is my point.
    From what I gather, they believe that everyone continues to sin and when they do it'll be forgiven. You don't?

In what way do you think that makes them hypocrites?
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Jul '19 11:05
    @suzianne said
    I always wondered how conservatives could face the differences between their actions and the teachings of Jesus.

Turns out that fooling themselves and making crap up in the Bible are leading strategies.

I knew it couldn't be anything about facing the reality of their sins.
    Have you accepted the state are your lord and savior yet Suzy?

After all, Jesus wants you to kill your unborn children to prevent another carbon footprint.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree