1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    29 Aug '09 23:08
    Who her believes in the Death bed conversion idea ? Where does it come from, and how exactly does it work ? Is it that no one how bad can get in at the last minute ? Confess Jesus and you are in Heaven with the life long Christians ?
  2. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    30 Aug '09 00:26
    Originally posted by buckky
    Who her believes in the Death bed conversion idea ? Where does it come from, and how exactly does it work ? Is it that no one how bad can get in at the last minute ? Confess Jesus and you are in Heaven with the life long Christians ?
    1. I do.

2. humans.

3. Some people either 1. don't get a chance during the rest of their life or it is working to it all of their lives or 2. They get a last chance.

4. no.

5. Yes.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    30 Aug '09 00:46
    Originally posted by daniel58
    1. I do.

2. humans.

3. Some people either 1. don't get a chance during the rest of their life or it is working to it all of their lives or 2. They get a last chance.

4. no.

5. Yes.
    I only see 4 question marks. you have 5 answers?
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    30 Aug '09 00:53
    Only God knows what's in a persons heart at that time. We cannot say how God judges that situation....
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Aug '09 01:01
    If you live your life as if you could die any minute,(and you quite possibly could), you wont worry about any future problems. And if you do end up dying in bed one day you will be prepared because in your mind you would have already been there for a while.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Aug '09 04:012 edits
    I believe this started with the Christian faith. After all, all other religions tend to imply that salvatoin it obtained by good works EXCEPT Christianity. The theif who died next to Christ I think is the shining example of this.

So the question begs, is a conversion based in faith? Here are the questions I have. If one turns to God do they not have some faith that he even exists no matter how small? If so, is it enough faith to save them? And lastly, is there repentance in their heart assuming that they convert? I think perhaps only God can answer these questions. I would argue though that faith is more than believing God exists. For example, in the book of James it says that the demons believe God exists and tremble, yet it does not save them. Faith in God, therefore, I think is relational in that we desire him and desire to follow him. Just like we believe people exist, we don't always place our faith in them.

So do conversions happen on someones death bed? All indications is that it has in the past, but does it every single time? I don't think so.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Aug '09 14:23
    "Who her believes in the Death bed conversion idea ?"

I believe in them.

"Where does it come from..."

They come from people who answer God's call on their lives at the last possible moment.

"...and how exactly does it work ?"

They get very honest with God and turn toward Him.

"Is it that no one how bad can get in at the last minute ?"

Correct

"Confess Jesus and you are in Heaven with the life long Christians ?"

If you get right with God through Jesus, than "amen" it is a good
    thing you get right with God, I don't care how long you were right
    with God here, it only matters you were.
    Kelly
  8. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    30 Aug '09 14:28
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I only see 4 question marks. you have 5 answers?
    2 and 3, there is a comma between them, try reading it again.
  9. England
    Moves
    01 Sep '09 13:231 edit
    it may come from the crusifiction, when jesus turned and said to one being with him in heaven.
    If indeed this took place, he did not die upon the cross as they had there legs broken but doubt they knew that was going to happen.
    In the OT there is one king who was on sick bed and god judged against him, he repented and was given another ten years of life, remember the story unsure who it was tho.
    So we have the term death bed conversion
  10. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    01 Sep '09 13:271 edit
    the idea actually comes from a parable that Christ taught. Workers who were hired in the morning are paid the same wage as those who were hired at the end of the day.
  11. England
    Moves
    01 Sep '09 13:32
    Originally posted by duecer
    the idea actually comes from a parable that Christ taught. Workers who were hired in the morning are paid the same wage as those who were hired at the end of the day.
    that too
  12. weedhopper
    Moves
    01 Sep '09 21:14
    Death bed conversions can happen, and only God knows the human heart. See http://www.lutheran-in-sc.blogspot.com/ for all the answers you need on the subject.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Sep '09 06:281 edit
    The Lutheran's had some interesting voting and weather activity lately.
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Sep '09 07:01
    As I see it Adolf Hitler, Stalin, Saddam Hussein, the WTC terrorists and others like them, can very well be in heaven.
    Because if they prayed to Jesus the second before their last breath, then they certainly are forgiven and up they went.
    This is one of the reasons I'm glad I'm not a christian.
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    02 Sep '09 12:37
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    As I see it Adolf Hitler, Stalin, Saddam Hussein, the WTC terrorists and others like them, can very well be in heaven.
    Because if they prayed to Jesus the second before their last breath, then they certainly are forgiven and up they went.
    This is one of the reasons I'm glad I'm not a christian.
    Fabian Enas are you there this morning?

One of the reasons that I don't like chess is that the pawn can only move one space. How in the world can you win a game with a pawn that only can move one space ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree