Death

Death

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b
Filthy sinner

Outskirts of bliss

Moves
30 Mar 09

I think what scares me most about death is not going to Hell, but being snuffed out of existence. It seems so wrong. I want an after life damn it !!
I know now I will get the helping hand of a Christian trying to ease my pain with Salvation through Christ as the answer. Maybe Christ is the ultimate answer, and need for us all, but the Christian religion has screwed the whole thing up so much as to make it not an organization I want to be involved with. As long as Hell is the cocked gun to the head of the heathen trying to persuade him to turn over a new leaf, I just can't go along with that kind of heavy handed muscle work. It's more like the mob than a so called religious organization.

F

Moves
30 Mar 09

Originally posted by buckky
I think what scares me most about death is not going to Hell, but being snuffed out of existence. It seems so wrong. I want an after life damn it !!
I know now I will get the helping hand of a Christian trying to ease my pain with Salvation through Christ as the answer. Maybe Christ is the ultimate answer, and need for us all, but the Christian religion ...[text shortened]... d of heavy handed muscle work. It's more like the mob than a so called religious organization.
If you send me $100 I will garantuee that you have a nice afterlife. If you don't I refund your money.

Oh, this business idea is already patented by preaches, I'm sorry.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Mar 09

I know now I will get the helping hand of a Christian trying to ease my pain with Salvation through Christ as the answer. Maybe Christ is the ultimate answer, and need for us all, but the Christian religion ...[text shortened]... d of heavy handed muscle work. It's more like the mob than a so called religious organization.
Why should you be saved from Hell if you are worthy of it?
Kelly

P

Moves
30 Mar 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
If you send me $100 I will garantuee that you have a nice afterlife. If you don't I refund your money.

Oh, this business idea is already patented by preaches, I'm sorry.
It's actually quite a lucrative business model. Just ask Benny Hinn, Popoff, Jimmy Swaggart, etc...etc... etc..

If you can sleep at night, you could be rich in no time!

j

Moves
30 Mar 09

==============================
Hell is the cocked gun to the head of the heathen trying to persuade him to turn over a new leaf,
===================================

Bucky, being regenerated through Jesus Christ is not a matter of "turning over a new leaf".

The plant will be placed in an entirely different soil. New leaves will grow quite spontaneously.

Being joined to Christ is not a matter of self improvement, trying to do better, reforming, or turning over a new leaf. The life power comes from His indwelling presence. We only need to learn to abide in His presence as a realm, as a sphere. We only have to learn to linger in His presence, to walk step by step with our hearts turned towards Him.

We can learn to eventually say with Paul - "It is no longer I that lives, it is Christ who lives in me."

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
30 Mar 09

Oblivion can be good, provided you're dressed for it.

Cape Town

Moves
30 Mar 09
1 edit

I know now I will get the helping hand of a Christian trying to ease my pain with Salvation through Christ as the answer. Maybe Christ is the ultimate answer, and need for us all, but the Christian religion d of heavy handed muscle work. It's more like the mob than a so called religious organization.
You are contradicting yourself.
First you say you are more scared of being snuffed out of existence than you are of hell, then you say someone proposing the hell option is being heavy handed.
The real question is are you willing to delude yourself to make your self feel better about death, or do you really want to know the truth and learn to live with it?

If you are OK with the delusion option then I am sure you will find plenty of people willing to sell you a delusion that suits you, even some Christian denominations can sell you a no-hell version.

If you simply want the truth then stop judging Christianity based on its desirability to you and rather judge it based on the evidence for and against it.

F

Moves
30 Mar 09

Originally posted by PsychoPawn
It's actually quite a lucrative business model. Just ask Benny Hinn, Popoff, Jimmy Swaggart, etc...etc... etc..

If you can sleep at night, you could be rich in no time!
Praise the Lord.

b
Filthy sinner

Outskirts of bliss

Moves
30 Mar 09

Originally posted by KellyJay
Why should you be saved from Hell if you are worthy of it?
Kelly
No one is worthy of Hell. It's cruel, and unusual punishment.

b
Filthy sinner

Outskirts of bliss

Moves
30 Mar 09

Originally posted by twhitehead
You are contradicting yourself.
First you say you are more scared of being snuffed out of existence than you are of hell, then you say someone proposing the hell option is being heavy handed.
The real question is are you willing to delude yourself to make your self feel better about death, or do you really want to know the truth and learn to live with i ...[text shortened]... y based on its desirability to you and rather judge it based on the evidence for and against it.
Face it, you have no idea of what the Truth is anymore than I do. You have faith in your religious dogma. That's all you have. Everyone is convinced they have the Truth that belongs to a certain religious idea.

Cape Town

Moves
31 Mar 09

Face it, you have no idea of what the Truth is anymore than I do. You have faith in your religious dogma. That's all you have. Everyone is convinced they have the Truth that belongs to a certain religious idea.
You are mistaken. I do not have faith in any religious dogma. I only believe things that I can verify with reasonable evidence, and if the evidence starts to point the other way, I will change my views. That is not faith. Some of us are not convinced we have the truth belonging to a religious idea. Some of us simply feel that the only way to know the truth is to observe reality.

w

Moves
31 Mar 09

Originally posted by twhitehead
You are mistaken. I do not have faith in any religious dogma. I only believe things that I can verify with reasonable evidence, and if the evidence starts to point the other way, I will change my views. That is not faith. Some of us are not convinced we have the truth belonging to a religious idea. Some of us simply feel that the only way to know the truth is to observe reality.
What is reality?

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
31 Mar 09

Originally posted by whodey
What is reality?
Get to know Yourself🙂

Why should I repent?

Coz Adam and Eve enjoyed an apple??
😵

b
Filthy sinner

Outskirts of bliss

Moves
31 Mar 09

Originally posted by jaywill
[b]==============================
Hell is the cocked gun to the head of the heathen trying to persuade him to turn over a new leaf,
===================================

Bucky, being regenerated through Jesus Christ is not a matter of "turning over a new leaf".

The plant will be placed in an entirely different soil. New leaves will g ...[text shortened]... ntually say with Paul - "It is no longer I that lives, it is Christ who lives in me."[/b]
I can easily be caught up in that kind of dreamy eyed quest for transformation. I myself need outside intervention to truely change the beast I am. I have tried spiritual, and Christian attacks on the subject, but I always come away feeling dupped or massively frustrated over not getting what I think I need. I come away thinking it's just another over statement on what to expect. The Christian doctrine turns me off. I'm sure God does not want a phoney, pretend Christian in the pews. That's what I would be in Church. A person pretending to be one of the flock, but inside thinking this just does not make any sense.

z

Moves
31 Mar 09

Don't worry about it. Although we can observe death, for each of us personally, life is forever. That is, as far as your own conciousness is concerned, you will never die.