1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    93434
    15 May '15 21:30
    what is the worst decision god has ever made?
  2. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    15 May '15 21:46
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    what is the worst decision god has ever made?
    None they are all awesome.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    93434
    15 May '15 21:59
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    None they are all awesome.
    they were all equal?

    creating jesus was as good as creating satan?
  4. Standard memberKellyJayonline
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148444
    15 May '15 22:06
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    what is the worst decision god has ever made?
    Exactly how would you know what is good or bad when it comes to God making a choice?
    You have the same insight God has so you can see why He does what He does?
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    1795
    15 May '15 22:50
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Exactly how would you know what is good or bad when it comes to God making a choice?
    You have the same insight God has so you can see why He does what He does?
    If you have a position in a game of chess, you need not be a grand master to be able to say
    that black is in a really hopeless position, if black is down to a knight, a bishop, and three pawns,
    vs white who has [in addition to the above] their queen and both rooks left.

    We don't need to know everything about the universe to be able to say with confidence what the
    speed of light is, or determine with great accuracy the shape of the Earth... etc.

    Good and Bad are [in context] statements of morality.

    Where morality can be objectively determined [that's pretty much everywhere] we can know if a
    particular action is good or bad even if we don't know everything possible to know about morality.

    Similarly, if an action has a stated goal, we can look to see how effective that action was at achieving
    that goal.

    For example, we can look at abstinence only education systems, and see how 'effective' they are at
    reducing teen sex/pregnancies/std's/ect.

    And we can find different programs to be more or less successful even without knowing what a perfect
    program would look like [or even if such a program could actually exist].


    The upshot is, where an action [or inaction] of the god in the bible has consequences that were not intended
    or where the stated goal was not achieved. Or where those actions are clearly and objectively immoral and
    wrong/bad. We can tell and know this, even without having perfect knowledge.

    You do not have to know everything to know anything.

    And god does not get a free pass for supposedly being superior to us.

    A 'fact', along with it's very existence, not in evidence.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    15 May '15 23:261 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    If you have a position in a game of chess, you need not be a grand master to be able to say
    that black is in a really hopeless position, if black is down to a knight, a bishop, and three pawns,
    vs white who has [in addition to the above] their queen and both rooks left.

    We don't need to know everything about the universe to be able to say with con ...[text shortened]... r supposedly being superior to us.

    A 'fact', along with it's very existence, not in evidence.
    In chess, one can be down in material and have a forced mate in two. 😏

    How can there be morality, good or evil, for an evilutionist, who believes everything came into existence by chance?
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    16 May '15 00:25
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    what is the worst decision god has ever made?
    Making His existence arguable. But I'd do the same thing.
  8. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    16 May '15 08:00
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    what is the worst decision god has ever made?
    God, by definition, cannot make decisions. He has to act perfectly good. Unless perhaps there are instances where two options have identical perfection and identical moral worth?
    In addition, some theists claim he is independent of time, in which case he cannot 'act' at all.
  9. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    16 May '15 08:351 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    they were all equal?

    creating jesus was as good as creating satan?
    Satan was simply an angel in the beginning, he made himself Satanic - no blame can be attributed to the Most High Jehovah himself.
  10. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    1795
    16 May '15 10:55
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    God, by definition, cannot make decisions. He has to act perfectly good. Unless perhaps there are instances where two options have identical perfection and identical moral worth?
    In addition, some theists claim he is independent of time, in which case he cannot 'act' at all.
    By which/who's definition?

    I wasn't aware that there was only one definition of/for god/s.
  11. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    16 May '15 11:29
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    By which/who's definition?

    I wasn't aware that there was only one definition of/for god/s.
    The usual definition used by Christians on this forum includes the claim that God is perfect (whatever that may mean) and maximally morally good.
    If your question is 'what is the worst decision any god has ever made?', then I suggest you specify whether the god in question has to actually exist, or be believed to exist by someone here.
  12. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    16 May '15 11:30
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicamisener/the-7-douchiest-greek-gods#.htnnq7bEJ
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    93434
    16 May '15 16:13
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Exactly how would you know what is good or bad when it comes to God making a choice?
    You have the same insight God has so you can see why He does what He does?
    "Exactly how would you know what is good or bad when it comes to God making a choice?"

    are you saying we cannot tell good from bad when it comes to god?
  14. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    93434
    16 May '15 16:16
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Satan was simply an angel in the beginning, he made himself Satanic - no blame can be attributed to the Most High Jehovah himself.
    do our children make themselves? why bother parenting if we cannot effect the outcome.
  15. SubscriberBigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    bigdogghouse.com/RHP
    Joined
    26 Nov '04
    Moves
    110707
    16 May '15 17:08
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    what is the worst decision god has ever made?
    Trusting humans to write his books for him.
Back to Top