1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 14:401 edit
    https://www.theblaze.com/news/dnc-chairman-tom-perez-is-very-upset-that-americans-listen-to-what-they-hear-in-church

Apparently there are those in the DNC livid about what is being said about abortion in churches all around the US. I think they would either like to censor the speech or create a voice that is equal or greater to the ones in church.

So what say you Suzy? How can your political party overcome the church?
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 15:18
    @whodey said
    https://www.theblaze.com/news/dnc-chairman-tom-perez-is-very-upset-that-americans-listen-to-what-they-hear-in-church

Apparently there are those in the DNC livid about what is being said about abortion in churches all around the US. I think they would either like to censor the speech or create a voice that is equal or greater to the ones in church.

He should be more upset that some Americans believe what they read at www.theblaze.com
  3. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 16:54
    @whodey said

Dear Bible believer,
    What is the Biblical penalty for injuring a woman and causing her unborn child to die ?? I think it is in Leviticus . According to your god it is NOT murder, but according to hypocritical Christians it is. Clearly, the majority of those who claim to be Christians do not believe their own gods' words.
    Whose words do you believe ?
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 18:03
    @caissad4 said
    Dear Bible believer,
    What is the Biblical penalty for injuring a woman and causing her unborn child to die ?? I think it is in Leviticus . According to your god it is NOT murder, but according to hypocritical Christians it is. Clearly, the majority of those who claim to be Christians do not believe their own gods' words.
    Quote it
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 18:258 edits
    @caissad4 said
    Dear Bible believer,
    Presumably you mean this passage from Exodus.

Exodus 21
    22If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. 23And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life, 24Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.

Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers

Exodus 21:22
    If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.
    (22-25) A personal injury peculiar to women—a hurt producing miscarriage—is here considered. The miscarriage might cost the woman her life, in which case the man who caused it was to suffer death (Exodus 21:23); or it might have no further ill result than the loss of the child. In this latter case the penalty was to be a fine, assessed by the husband with the consent of the judge (Exodus 21:22). The death penalty, where the woman died, is clearly excessive, and probably belongs to the pre-Mosaic legislation, which required “life for life” in every case.

(22) If men strive, and hurt a woman with child.—It is assumed that this hurt would probably take place through the interference of a pregnant wife in some strife wherein her husband was engaged. It would almost certainly be accidental.

AND YET NO MISCHIEF FOLLOW —i.e., no further mischief—nothing beyond the loss of the child.

https://biblehub.com/commentaries/ellicott/exodus/21.htm

Since the Bible is not coherent and widely open to interpretation, there is no alternative but to pick and choose from the Bible. Not only verses and passages, but interpretations as well. For the vast majority this entails choosing whatever supports their own beliefs and ignoring whatever goes against their own beliefs. For the extremely disingenuous, they claim that they don't pick and choose. The reality is that they not only pick and choose, but delude themselves into believing that that they have "the word of God" on their side. The reality is that all they have on their side is their own interpretation of the Bible.

This is true not only of abortion but slavery, capital punishment, race, women, LGBT, etc. The list goes on and on.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 20:10
    @whodey said

Religion and government should not mix.

Have you ever heard of the First Amendment?

The church should have zero say in government.

Don't like it? Change the Constitution. Good luck with that.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 20:16
    @suzianne said
    Religion and government should not mix.

Have you ever heard of the First Amendment?

The church should have zero say in government.

Don't like it? Change the Constitution. Good luck with that.
    What is more important scripture or the constitution to you?
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 22:06
    @Suzianne

The issue is what constitutes human life.

There are those who are not religious regard the unborn to be human.

I believe Sleepyguy is one.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 22:07
    @kellyjay said
    What does the Constitution and scripture have in common?

Both are often ignored or subverted with little to no direct punishments.

They are more like warnings.
  10. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    08 Dec '18 00:42
    @kellyjay said
    Quote it
    Since you don't know, it was graciously provided by ThinkOfOne.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Dec '18 00:431 edit
    @caissad4 said
    Since you don't know, it was graciously provided by ThinkOfOne.
    I don’t know what you were referring to and if someone else provided it, I still don’t know what YOU were referring to. He didn’t even quote the book you were talking about, which makes me wonder if YOU knew what you were referring to.
  12. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    08 Dec '18 00:49
    @kellyjay said
    I don’t know what you were referring to and if someone else provided it, I still don’t know what YOU were referring to. He didn’t even quote the book you were talking about, which makes me wonder if YOU knew what you were referring to.
    What I was referring to is in my post. ThinkOfOne had no problem reading and comprehending my post. Perhaps you should work on your reading comprehension.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Dec '18 02:05
    @kellyjay said
    Depends on what you're talking about.

Talking about religion or church, then scripture.

Talking about government, then the Constitution.

Ne'er the twain shall meet. Period.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Dec '18 02:10
    @caissad4 said
    What I was referring to is in my post. ThinkOfOne had no problem reading and comprehending my post. Perhaps you should work on your reading comprehension.
    Didn’t you say Leviticus, then he says Exodus, now you say he figured it out! I suppose he could of said Dr Seuss, for all I know, since he didn’t go to the book you referred to.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Dec '18 02:21
    @whodey said
    @Suzianne

The issue is what constitutes human life.

There are those who are not religious regard the unborn to be human.

I believe Sleepyguy is one.
    No, that is not the issue.

The issue is why do you take the sovreignty of a woman's body away from women and give it to a bunch of old, white men?

How "Christian" of you.

The society in The Handmaid's Tale really appeals to you, doesn't it? Of course it does, you're not the one being told (not asked) to make the sacrifice.

How "Christian" of you.

We have a government where inalienable rights are still protected by Title IX, and you cannot begin to tear it down until you risk removing your own rights (which will surely follow).

I might start believing you to be an anarchist if I could be convinced that you don't believe in a theocratic patriarchy, and that's not likely.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree