1. Joined
    18 Dec '06
    Moves
    01 Jun '09 17:26
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    But you do admit you should be a comedian, right?
    recced!
  2. At the Revolution
    Moves
    01 Jun '09 21:43
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    But you do admit you should be a comedian, right?
    That role's already taken. His name's Elie Wiesel.
  3. Seattle
    Moves
    06 Jun '09 02:03
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    jesus was a beacon of truth and the son of god. god being all powerful ,ominpotent, containing EVERYTHING, right? So to truly understand god we must understand its "dark" nature as well. I know this is a distressing issue to many but trust me when i say - you are only limited by your own fears
    containing and omnipotent are very different. Containing everything is pantheism, in which everything is God. Christian monotheism is that God/Jesus/Holy Spirit is everything good, and that pain, darkness, sickness, and suffering a result of the human condition, of the original sin.
    The darkness we see in nature, according to Christianity, is God's tolerance towards man and man's sinful nature. After all, we were born with a choice, and just because we chose to go against God doesn't mean God is going to take the choice back.

Heck, I would say the darkness of the world proves that God loves us! If evil ceased to exist, that would mean one of two scenarios would have played out:
    a) he takes away our free will
    b) he wipes us off the face of the earth
  4. Seattle
    Moves
    06 Jun '09 02:11
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    If you are criticizing for being ignorant merely because I am asking questions, I have to wonder how you think one goes from being ignorant to being educated without asking questions. For example, if somebody could simply tell me whether Catholic priests would refuse to exorcise a demon from a possessed Muslim, I would no longer be ignorant on the matter, now would I?
    A theologically sound Catholic priest, a true Christian, would see the worship of Allah, of the Muslim god, as demon worship. According, again to Christian theology, a man is either filled with God, or he worships false gods or created created things.

I have heard some pastors say, "It's either for Christ or demonic," which seams a little extreme. However, under their claim, that would mean that Jehevah's witnesses, Muslims, Mormans, atheists, and everyone else outside of Christianity is possessed to some degre.

Personally, having seen a friend seemingly be possessed, I'm not sure what I believe on the whole issue. On one hand, I have seen mental illness in my uncle, and I do believe that it is an illness, not demon possession. On the other hand, the whole situation with my friend was....weird.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree