1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 May '09 01:36
    Originally posted by scherzo
    Oh great, another completely ignorant and intolerant thread about Islam.
    Thats right scherzo! soon as i read the title i thought great! here we go again! what about bhuddists becoming demonically possessed...or presidents? Why go straight to muslim bashing?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 May '09 02:511 edit
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    In an astounding display of charlatanism, the Catholic church, to this very day, still performs several hundred exorcisms per year. How sad is it that in 2009, people are still attributing symptoms of mental illness to actual demons that can be ritualized away!

That got me to thinking...

Do demons only infest Catholics, or might Muslims get in ...[text shortened]... iest?

Do Catholic priests refuse the rite of Exorcism to non-Catholics, as they do Communion?
    So if you met someone who swewed green bile on you and began to levitate off the floor, who would you go to for help I wonder? A doctor or a priest? ๐Ÿ˜›
  3. warum?
    Moves
    28 May '09 03:05
    Originally posted by whodey
    So if you met someone who swewed green bile on you and began to levitate off the floor, who would you go to for help I wonder? A doctor or a priest? ๐Ÿ˜›
    Don't the Catholics and Muslims already spew bile and levitate on a regular basis?๐Ÿ˜€
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 May '09 03:49
    Originally posted by Crushing Day
    Don't the Catholics and Muslims already spew bile and levitate on a regular basis?๐Ÿ˜€
    poor muslims and catholics. haven't they had enough without your furthur down-puttings
  5. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    28 May '09 04:07
    I've never known anyone who showed unmistakable signs of actual demon-possession.

But when you boil it all down, to say demons don't exist is to also say Jesus was a fraud and a liar.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 May '09 04:20
    Originally posted by sumydid
    I've never known anyone who showed unmistakable signs of actual demon-possession.

But when you boil it all down, to say demons don't exist is to also say Jesus was a fraud and a liar.
    'my voice is f***in powerful', YEEAAH! but seriously do u even dare to fathom the depth and pwer of the dark side?
  7. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    28 May '09 04:24
    Case in point. Jesus was obviously a beacon of truth.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 May '09 04:33
    Originally posted by sumydid
    Case in point. Jesus was obviously a beacon of truth.
    jesus was a beacon of truth and the son of god. god being all powerful ,ominpotent, containing EVERYTHING, right? So to truly understand god we must understand its "dark" nature as well. I know this is a distressing issue to many but trust me when i say - you are only limited by your own fears
  9. Pepperland
    Moves
    28 May '09 15:07
    Originally posted by scherzo
    Oh great, another completely ignorant and intolerant thread about Islam.
    Islam?!

he was also hammering catholics, don't you think that is equally ignorant?
  10. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    28 May '09 15:35
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    Islam?!

he was also hammering catholics, don't you think that is equally ignorant?
    Did I make any false claims about Catholics?

Did I make any claims at all about Muslims?

If you are criticizing for being ignorant merely because I am asking questions, I have to wonder how you think one goes from being ignorant to being educated without asking questions. For example, if somebody could simply tell me whether Catholic priests would refuse to exorcise a demon from a possessed Muslim, I would no longer be ignorant on the matter, now would I?
  11. Pepperland
    Moves
    28 May '09 15:50
    Did I make any false claims about Catholics?

Did I make any claims at all about Muslims?

If you are criticizing for being ignorant merely because I am asking questions, I have to wonder how you think one goes from being ignorant to being educated without asking questions. For example, if somebody could simply tell me whether Catholic priests w ...[text shortened]... rcise a demon from a possessed Muslim, I would no longer be ignorant on the matter, now would I?
    just cut the crap, "display of charlatanism" is not a question, it is a jugdment based solely on ignorance and prejudice.
  12. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    28 May '09 16:501 edit
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    just cut the crap, "display of charlatanism" is not a question, it is a jugdment based solely on ignorance and prejudice.
    False. It is an informed judgment based on the fact that actual demons do not exist.

If you contend that demons do actually exist, then you are committed to explaining why those demons only infest Catholics, why Muslims don't get possessed by demons, and why Muslim imams don't perform exorcisms. Have you ever heard of an atheist or a humanist being possessed by a demon?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 May '09 17:46
    False. It is an informed judgment based on the fact that actual demons do not exist.

If you contend that demons do actually exist, then you are committed to explaining why those demons only infest Catholics, why Muslims don't get possessed by demons, and why Muslim imams don't perform exorcisms. Have you ever heard of an atheist or a humanist being possessed by a demon?
    an excellent point Doc, Is it only people that the catholic church performs exorcisms on, or do they do it to places as well, that they suspect of being demon possessed?
  14. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulรคrer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    28 May '09 18:081 edit

Some Muslims believe in jinn possession. Jinn are somewhat different from demons in that they may be saved or damned according to their acts ... For a jinn to possess a human being is a sin. Jinn possession can be cured via ruqya, it is said.

For secular cases of possession, I think scientology has it all. Of course, in secular psychology, the demons go underground to resurface as neuroses, psychoses, and germs... Or the guy shaking bugs from his hair in A Scanner Darkly.
  15. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    28 May '09 18:201 edit
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Some Muslims believe in jinn possession. Jinn are somewhat different from demons in that they may be saved or damned according to their acts ... For a jinn to possess a human being is a sin. Jinn possession can be cured via ruqya, it is said.
    But do jinni actually exist, and if so, could and would a Catholic priest exorcise them?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree