Denying the Holy Spirit

Denying the Holy Spirit

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
02 Sep 12
5 edits

Originally posted by Suzianne
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." -- Verbal Kint, played by Kevin Spacey in The Usual Suspects
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." -- Verbal Kint, played by Kevin Spacey in The Usual Suspects
"The greatest trick clergy ever pulled was convincing half the world that something the world has no reason to believe exists actually exists" -- Agerg, played by Greg in The RedHotChess Forums

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Sep 12

Originally posted by Suzianne
I usually just blow these things off as another atheist rant.

That boy wasn't lost the minute he made this utterance, he was already lost. Satan moves in people like him when they try to convince others to commit the same sin and yield up their souls to Satan too.

This is the true danger of atheists, that they might fool others, who might have otherw ...[text shortened]... e to be redeemed before God by accepting Christ, into choosing eternal death over eternal life.
I hope he was just possessed by a demon and it was the demon that was making him say such things. Then perhaps he still can be saved if the demon is forced to leave.
HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
03 Sep 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
What do you guys think about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BEIWjjUCPM
A kid that young talking like that needs a good slap.
I bet his parents are just as rude, arrogant and full of nonsense like their kid is. Needless to say, they too need a good slap.

It is very dangerous for such a small kid to mock God. God will not be mocked. I don't care if he or anyone here doesn't belief in God. It's one battle you can not fight, and that is the mind of a person who is a fool.

Heck, for all I know, this kid could be the anti-christ.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
03 Sep 12

Originally posted by Phil Hill
Forgot to say, ghosts don't exist.
I bet you belief aliens exist?

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
03 Sep 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Agerg
Because there are too many theist dicks* in the world giving us a reason to care.

I can say with maximal confidence that your "G"od does not exist.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*[hidden]not to be read as \"all theists are dicks\"[/hidden]
You are fooling yourself - spongebob

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
03 Sep 12

I am not talking about biscuits here. I am talking about the possible existence of spirit beings, like angels and demons, and ghosts from the spirit-souls of the dead. There are many people who have claimed to see ghosts and even that their souls have departed their bodies for a short time. Perhaps all those people are lying, but I do not know for sure and I do not think you do either.
I bet Agerg would change his argument once he observes demons driven out from people - or maybe he just still wants to deny God and will argue the demons for aliens.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
03 Sep 12

Originally posted by Nicksten
I bet his parents are just as rude, arrogant and full of nonsense like their kid is. Needless to say, they too need a good slap.

It is very dangerous for such a small kid to mock God. God will not be mocked. I don't care if he or anyone here doesn't belief in God. It's one battle you can not fight, a ...[text shortened]... mind of a person who is a fool.

Apart from advocating violence towards
children do you have any other parenting tips?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
03 Sep 12

Originally posted by mikelom
Around and around in circles we go, yet again.

So yet again, I quote:

"Do Buddhists believe in god?

No, we do not. There are several reasons for this. The Buddha, like modern sociologists and psychologists, believed that religious ideas, and especially the god idea, have their origin in fear.

The Buddha says:

"Gripped by fear men go to th ...[text shortened]... rt, and He encouraged us to find solutions to our problems through self-understanding.

-m.
RHJ, put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
04 Sep 12

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Apart from advocating violence towards
children do you have any other parenting tips?
There is nothing wrong with giving your kid a hiding when he/she deserves one.
This kid, the one we are talking about, clearly on a higher mental level, has a big mouth. From where I come from, big mouths get slapped a lot. If you want to play with the big boys, it gets rough.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Sep 12

There is strength in numbers. The more people he can get to believe his nonsense and go along with him the more arrogant and powerful he feels about his false belief.
"The more people he can get to believe his nonsense and go along with him the more arrogant and powerful he feels about his false belief."

Sorry buddy. I'm not being mean, really, but just can't pass this one up. But this kinda fits in with the trinity and how ones portray themselves that insist that it is in the Bible and you will die and burn in hell if you don't accept it.... Maybe? A little? Yeah I think so. 🙂

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
04 Sep 12

There is nothing wrong with giving your kid a hiding ....
... apart from its illegal in any enlightened society.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
04 Sep 12

I bet Agerg would change his argument once he observes demons driven out from people - or maybe he just still wants to deny God and will argue the demons for aliens.
You theists need to get your head out of your collective assses, you live by fear. Fear of your god, fear of retribution for being born in sin, a despicable concept in itself, fear of devils, demons and the like, you haven't advanced one bit from 2000 years ago. This is the 21st century and theism is going down each year. You are eventually going to be left to your fear filled existence all by yourself while the real world advances beyond the need for fear filled religions.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Sep 12

There is nothing wrong with giving your kid a hiding when he/she deserves one.
This kid, the one we are talking about, clearly on a higher mental level, has a big mouth. From where I come from, big mouths get slapped a lot. If you want to play with the big boys, it gets rough.
But then why is he being this way? What examples did the parents set or not set? Children usually copy their parents in many things and their respect to authority whether it is towards their own parents, authority figures or even God is set in place by the parents.

2 Timothy 2:20-22
Good News Translation (GNT)

20 In a large house there are dishes and bowls of all kinds: some are made of silver and gold, others of wood and clay; some are for special occasions, others for ordinary use. 21 Those who make themselves clean from all those evil things, will be used for special purposes, because they are dedicated and useful to their Master, ready to be used for every good deed. 22 Avoid the passions of youth, and strive for righteousness, faith, love, and peace, together with those who with a pure heart call out to the Lord for help.

Hebrews 12:8-11
Good News Translation (GNT)

8 If you are not punished, as all his children are, it means you are not real children, but bastards. 9 In the case of our human fathers, they punished us and we respected them. How much more, then, should we submit to our spiritual Father and live! 10 Our human fathers punished us for a short time, as it seemed right to them; but God does it for our own good, so that we may share his holiness. 11 When we are punished, it seems to us at the time something to make us sad, not glad. Later, however, those who have been disciplined by such punishment reap the peaceful reward of a righteous life.

If ones parents strive to teach their children these things and especially set the correct examples, this guidance will usually never fail them.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
05 Sep 12

It is very dangerous for such a small kid to mock God. God will not be mocked. I don't care if he or anyone here doesn't belief in God. It's one battle you can not fight, a ...[text shortened]... mind of a person who is a fool.

Nicksten
RBHILL
RJHinds
???

We have one more spot remaining! 😞

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Sep 12

Originally posted by Agerg
Nicksten
RBHILL