deplorable elders

deplorable elders

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Aug 13

Originally posted by galveston75
So as Robbie asked, which languages do these who have this ability speak in?
You preach to me about not knowing enough about the book of Revelation and you don't know about speaking in tongues?..really?
read 1st Corinth. Chap. 12-14....

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
25 Aug 13

Originally posted by checkbaiter
You preach to me about not knowing enough about the book of Revelation and you don't know about speaking in tongues?..really?
What languages do ones who speak in tounges speak? Why is this such a hard question to answer?

The ones who did speak in tounges or other languages did suddenly speak in foreign languages so they could go to other countries to speak to others in their native tounges so they could teach about Jesus and his Kingdom.

So this is a very fair and honest question we are wanting to know. What languages do they with a miracle from God now speak that they couldn't before?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Aug 13
2 edits

So if you have this gift, what languages do you now speak in?
There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

(1 Corinthians 12: 4-11 NKJV)

I have never claimed to have received the gift of speaking in tongues. My gifts have been limited, thus far, to the area of faith and discerning of evil spirits, like those coming from the Watchtower society and their blood transfusion deception of the devil.

Perhaps a little wisdom and knowledge too.

The Instructor

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
25 Aug 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
[b]There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the wor ...[text shortened]... nsfusion deception of the devil.

Perhaps a little wisdom and knowledge too.

The Instructor
Oh I see. So your only a simi instructor? Need to change your title....

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Aug 13

You can try if you like.

The Instructor

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
25 Aug 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
You can try if you like.

The Instructor
Nope as it's your call and title which everyone knows doesn't fit you. But as your pride just can't let you see it you might as well enjoy the man made ego trip you are enjoying.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Aug 13
1 edit

What languages do ones who speak in tounges speak? Why is this such a hard question to answer?

The ones who did speak in tounges or other languages did suddenly speak in foreign languages so they could go to other countries to speak to others in their native tounges so they could teach about Jesus and his Kingdom.

So this is a very fair and hones ...[text shortened]... ng to know. What languages do they with a miracle from God now speak that they couldn't before?

This is not true...Where does it say this in the bible?

we are wanting to know

who is "we"? are you a trinity too?

I could tell you skipped the chapters I mentioned, read them and study the scriptures, your answers are there.

rc

Moves
25 Aug 13
2 edits

I asked you because i know that those who claim to speak in tongues are fraudulent, because as Galveston pointed out, the gift was to be able to speak a specific language, not some gobbledygook, that you seem unaware is rather telling, shall we demonstrate to you where in the Bible it states that they were speaking specific languages rather than gobbledygook? very well,

(Acts 2:4-8) and started to speak with different tongues, just as the spirit was granting them to make utterance. As it was, there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, reverent men, from every nation of those under heaven. So, when this sound occurred, the multitude came together and were bewildered, because each one heard them speaking in his own language. Indeed, they were astonished and began to wonder and say: “See here, all these who are speaking are Galileans, are they not? And yet how is it we are hearing, each one of us, his own language in which we were born?

now you will explain to us why those who profess to speak in tongues today do not speak a specific language but gobbledygook.

rc

Moves
25 Aug 13

I think hes more like a semi conductor, designed to block the flow of holy spirit.

Moves
25 Aug 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
what is it about the child protection policy of Jehovah's witness that the charity commission of the UK have validated that you somehow know more about than them? You have read our child protection policies, haven't you, so come on, tell the forum what it is that the charities commission of the UK, a professional and qualified body have missed that ...[text shortened]... plorable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah%27s_Witnesses%27_handling_of_child_sex_abuse
did i question j.w. child protection policy??? did i?

my question was, should the heads of churches have a legal obligation to inform the police and should they be subject to criminal proceedings if they fail to do so? this was aimed at all religions.

regarding the j.w. case i linked. my criticism was aimed specifically at the behavior of those elders involved in the case. do you not agree that their behavior was deplorable? covering up the crime and then refusing to help the police or courts??

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Aug 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie

my question was, should the heads of churches have a legal obligation to inform the police and should they be subject to criminal proceedings if they fail to do so? this was aimed at all religions.

regarding the j.w. case i linked. my criticism was aimed specifically at the behavior of those el ...[text shortened]... behavior was deplorable? covering up the crime and then refusing to help the police or courts??
Yes is the answer to both questions. A church is simply an organization like any other and should not receive preferential treatment. All people must account for and be responsible for their actions.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Aug 13

My definition of a Christian is one who has been "drawn" by God, and has received Jesus as Lord of their lives, meaning as you say,obey his commandments. They are to give their lives over to him since he paid for their lives with his own.
I don't know about Catholic priests, so I cannot comment.
You say you follow in his steps? Do you speak in tongues ...[text shortened]... lish Standard Version
"Now I want you all to speak in tongues, but even more to prophesy."
I don't know where you got that from but I cannot find anywhere that Christ commanded anyone to speak in tongues. Can you provide a reference?

It seems that you have created a difference between your sin and the sin of say Catholic prieests. You are able somehow to escape the consequences of sin but the Catholics cannot.

rc

Moves
25 Aug 13
5 edits

regarding the j.w. case i linked. my criticism was aimed specifically at the behavior of those el ...[text shortened]... behavior was deplorable? covering up the crime and then refusing to help the police or courts??
of course their actions were deplorable but there is no legal framework that I am aware of compelling anyone to report any crime.

Poster : have you seen these men, wanted in connection for crimes again reality (insert picture of proper knob and stellspalfie), phone this number . .

now someone may recognize you but there is no legal framework compelling them to phone the reality police, what you may argue, is that there is a moral imperative to do so, based upon the nature of the crime.

Rather interestingly, in Scotland we have a system, i suspect based upon the Biblical precedent but supported by others such as Hume, demanding corroboration, that is, its not enough for a single source of testimony to procure a conviction, not even a self confession, thus corroborating evidence from two independent sources must be provided.

In the case of child abuse or rape this may be very difficult to procure, but never the less, I don't see why it should be the remit of religious organizations to conduct criminal investigations, surely that is the role of police. In the case of child abuse, i am not sure whether there is a legal framework compelling the organization to report the matter, but the victim and their parents should certainly be encouraged to report the matter to the police.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corroboration_in_Scots_law

Moves
25 Aug 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
of course their actions were deplorable but there is no legal framework that I am aware of compelling anyone to report any crime.

Poster : have you seen these men, wanted in connection for crimes again reality (insert picture of proper knob and stellspalfie), phone this number . .

now someone may recognize you but there is no legal framework ...[text shortened]... to report the matter to the police.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corroboration_in_Scots_law
one of the main reasons i brought this topic up was i recently heard somebody reading a letter written by ratzinger before he was pope ordering other bishops and priests to keep quiet and cover-up all evidence of pedophiles with in the church.
considering the power and responsibility of the catholic church i think they need to be held accountable for their behavior. i think the heads of the catholic church should be subject to police investigation and the covering up of abuse should be a crime. dont you agree?

going back to the elders in the case. i thought your elders were appointed by god?

rc

Moves
25 Aug 13
1 edit

one of the main reasons i brought this topic up was i recently heard somebody reading a letter written by ratzinger before he was pope ordering other bishops and priests to keep quiet and cover-up all evidence of pedophiles with in the church.
considering the power and responsibility of the catholic church i think they need to be held accountable for ...[text shortened]... you agree?

going back to the elders in the case. i thought your elders were appointed by god?
actually the qualifications for elders are laid out in the Bible, first of all they must meet those qualifications, then they are appointed, that is not to say that they will continue to meet those qualifications. If for some reason it is found that they are failing to live up to strict Bible standards, their qualifications as elders are put under scrutiny and if they are found wanting, they no longer qualify to be elders and will be removed.

I find it most heart-warming that by far, the vast majority of Elders are hard-working, caring and self sacrificing individuals. If I have a problem I can call anyone of them and they will be at my home within the hour, 24/7, 365 days a year, guaranteed!

I cited the remarkable figures for Jehovahs witnesses and child abuse, 13 cases in the US in the last one hundred years, compare that to the catholic church (thousands) or the protestant denominations which handle on average 300 claims per year and you cannot even come close to recognising how just damn awesome we are, 13 cases too much 4sure, but you cant touch us, we are too awesome and so are our elders.