1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Aug '13 00:55
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I give up, believe what you want...
    You give up? On what? You haven't answered anything that I've asked.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Aug '13 01:04
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You perfer many things that you are not going to get.

The Instructor
    You know Ron I could use a whole lot of descriptive words in describing your ignorance and just plan being a pest and a brat just like a little stupid teenager is at times.
    You claim to be an older gentleman but I find that very hard to believe with the silly post that you do.
    Most are rediculas and very, very immature to say it mildly and I pray for the day that ((((( you leave)))) this forum and let it return to a decent and somewhat peaceable place to discuss spiritual matters....
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Aug '13 01:23
    Originally posted by galveston75
    You give up? On what? You haven't answered anything that I've asked.
    I am not going to waste my time trying to defend something I have been doing for years, as well as most people in our group. We not only speak in tongues but interpret, prophecy, and many other of the manifestations of holy spirit. If this is something foreign to you, then I would not know where to begin since you lack much knowledge in the spirit field.
    By not going to the link I posted for you, I am convinced I am wasting my time. Have a nice day...
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Aug '13 02:13
    I am not going to waste my time trying to defend something I have been doing for years, as well as most people in our group. We not only speak in tongues but interpret, prophecy, and many other of the manifestations of holy spirit. If this is something foreign to you, then I would not know where to begin since you lack much knowledge in the spirit field. ...[text shortened]... not going to the link I posted for you, I am convinced I am wasting my time. Have a nice day...
    Probably wouldn't work because Bible says those powers would be done away with with the death of the apostles.
    The only reason those gifts were given to those chosen few were to spread the message that Jesus brought and it was to be passed on to the rest of the known nations at that time.
    There is no indication that those gifts were to continue on to our day as they are no longer needed.

If you are interested in seeing this, and I hope you are, here you go.

1 Cor 12: 7-11:

7 But the manifestation of the spirit is given to each one for a beneficial purpose. 8 For example, to one there is given through the spirit speech of wisdom, to another speech of knowledge according to the same spirit, 9 to another faith by the same spirit, to another gifts of healings by that one spirit, 10 to yet another operations of powerful works, to another prophesying, to another discernment+ of inspired utterances, to another different tongues, and to another interpretation of tongues. 11 But all these operations the one and the same spirit performs, making a distribution to each one respectively just as it wills.

So this does show the purposes of these gifts.

But Paul also said these would be done away with and would not continue a little later at 1 Cor 13:8:

“Whether there are gifts of prophesying, they will be done away with; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will be done away with.”

So since they did stop about a hundred years after Jesus died, what took it's place?

He futher explains at Cor 13:13:

13 "Now, however, there remain faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love."

So now according to Paul these gifts were to end which they did and now instead of using these gifts to help pursuade non believers into believing by the use of miricles, now these other features were to be what helped people follow Jesus's words and teachings.
    All these things that remained that he mentioned in the 13th verse were to take the place of those gifts.

So.....where you and your friends are getting these powers an abilities from, I wonder. Perhaps the Bible comments on this too?

Of course it does. Let me know if you want to see that too...
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Aug '13 02:16
    I am not going to waste my time trying to defend something I have been doing for years, as well as most people in our group. We not only speak in tongues but interpret, prophecy, and many other of the manifestations of holy spirit. If this is something foreign to you, then I would not know where to begin since you lack much knowledge in the spirit field. ...[text shortened]... not going to the link I posted for you, I am convinced I am wasting my time. Have a nice day...
    "prophecy"...really? I hope all the others here at RHP notice this as the JW's get attacked about this all the time. We don't ever prophecy but still get attacked for it.

So if all of you are reading this, I'd like to see your thoughts about this group he is with admiitting they "prophecy on a regular basis it seams.
  6. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    27 Aug '13 02:321 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I asked you because i know that those who claim to speak in tongues are fraudulent, because as Galveston pointed out, the gift was to be able to speak a specific language, not some gobbledygook, that you seem unaware is rather telling, shall we demonstrate to you where in the Bible it states that they were speaking specific languages rather than gobb ...[text shortened]... y those who profess to speak in tongues today do not speak a specific language but gobbledygook.
    LOL this one I actually agree with G-Man and R.C. on this one......The tongues were of the different languages and it even states that in the text. The miracle of this was that people would come to Jerusalem from all over the Mediterranean and spoke many different languages but all were hearing the Gospel message.

Manny
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Aug '13 02:36
    "prophecy"...really? I hope all the others here at RHP notice this as the JW's get attacked about this all the time. We don't ever prophecy but still get attacked for it.

So if all of you are reading this, I'd like to see your thoughts about this group he is with admiitting they "prophecy on a regular basis it seams.
    Maybe checkbaiter can give some examples of prophesies that came true. I would like to hear some myself.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Aug '13 02:54
    Originally posted by menace71
    LOL this one I actually agree with G-Man and R.C. on this one......The tongues were of the different languages and it even states that in the text. The miracle of this was that people would come to Jerusalem from all over the Mediterranean and spoke many different languages but all were hearing the Gospel message.

Manny
    Thanks, I think...Lol
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Aug '13 02:54
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Maybe checkbaiter can give some examples of prophesies that came true. I would like to hear some myself.
    Me too.....
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Aug '13 14:21
    Me too.....
    This is really sad to me. It shows me why the church is so weak. You have no idea what you are talking about.
    Let me start with prophecy...prophecy is foretelling but it is also forth-telling. There is a huge difference.
    The verse you mention about tongues will cease, prophecy will cease is talking about "when that which is perfect is come". You conveniently took it out of context as satan usually instructs the weak.
    After Jesus returns for his people, his second coming, yes, you are correct, we will no longer need these manifestations. But for now, we desperately need this power from God's spirit. To refuse it, will make you a very defeated Christian. Satan will run circles around you. He will eat your lunch and pop the bag in your face.
    Let me challenge you here on your comments...
    1 Cor 2:16
    For "who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?" But we have the mind of Christ.
    NKJV

Gman, do you have the mind of Christ? or is the bible not true here? How do you get this mind of Christ?

1 John 2:20-21

20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things.
    NKJV

GMan, do you know all things? or is the bible not true here either? Why does it say we have the mind of Christ, and know all things? It is obtained by the power of holy spirit through speaking in tongues and word of knowledge...
    Jude 20
    But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit,
    NKJV

GMan, do you pray IN the spirit? No, obviously not. This is praying in tongues...
    Those who have not been baptized in holy spirit are powerless, weak, deceived, and on and on. You will look no different than your average unbeliever.
    Acts 1:5-6
    for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now."
    NKJV

Acts 8:14-19

14 Now when the apostles who were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent Peter and John to them, 15 who, when they had come down, prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit. 16 For as yet He had fallen upon none of them. They had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 17 Then they laid hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.

18 And when Simon saw that through the laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Spirit was given, he offered them money, 19 saying, "Give me this power also, that anyone on whom I lay hands may receive the Holy Spirit."
    NKJV

GMan, what did Simon see? Can you see spirit? He saw and heard them speak with tongues.

Acts 11:16-17
    Then I remembered the word of the Lord, how He said, 'John indeed baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit.' 17 If therefore God gave them the same gift as He gave us when we believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could withstand God?"
    NKJV

It sounds like these people received the same baptism that the Apostles received, including Speaking in tongues, prophecy, etc.

In our group, the prophecy we here is always comforting, exhortation and edifying...

Here are more verses you skipped over..
    1 Cor 14:3-5
    3 But he who prophesies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to men. 4 He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church.
    NKJV

Oh, wait this is gone right? Not!

1 Cor 14:5
    I wish you all spoke with tongues, but even more that you prophesied; for he who prophesies is greater than he who speaks with tongues, unless indeed he interprets, that the church may receive edification.
    NKJV

What?

I know, many of you reading this will reject it. This is sad...
    For those of you interested in learning more about the baptism of the holy spirit, you will find it here...

http://www.awmi.net/extra/article/holy_spirit
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Aug '13 14:512 edits
    This is really sad to me. It shows me why the church is so weak. You have no idea what you are talking about.
    Let me start with prophecy...prophecy is foretelling but it is also forth-telling. There is a huge difference.
    The verse you mention about tongues will cease, prophecy will cease is talking about "when that which is perfect is come". You conven ly spirit, you will find it here...

So .... we are still waiting for the examples [I know you cannot provide proof], just some simple examples of the manifestation of the Holy Spirit ..

ie - speaking in tongues [ i guess you spoke of yourself]
    - the working of miracles
    - prophesying.

Bible verses saying that these were given to the early Apostles is not proof that YOU and your group has it .. is it? In fact its far easier to find proof that many of these claims to Holy Spirit gives are false.

I have to say [and I was going to start a thread about this practice], that many here like to transfer events and statements that are specifically applicable to a specific person, group or timeperiod and then claiming that it applies to them now.

Worse they use the lowest or easiest and apply it to them. Here are some examples :

1. Abraham walked with God and God blessed him. I walk with God therefore God blesses me
    2. David was a murderer and an adulterer. Im not, therefore Im better than David
    3. The thief on the cross goes to paradise with Christ .. that means Im going too
    4. David says God answers his prayers therefore God answers mine as well
    5. Christ baptised some with the Holy Spirit therefore Im similarly baptised
    6. Paul says to accept Christ with your mouth and you will be saved .. therefore Im saved as I accepted Christ with my mouth
    7. Holy Spirit gifts were given to the early church therefore they are give to me as well.

In all cases what the patriarchs did to receive such blessings are ignored. What you have to do to get the power of the Holy Spirit are sidelined.

This is how crooked churches gather weak and small minded devotees, who just want, want .. gimme gimme gimme .. give me gifts and give me salvation. What is required to attain these things even though the Bible speaks of the work and the faith and the suffering and persecution etc .. is not important. And that is what is sad.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Aug '13 15:33
    The verse you mention about tongues will cease, prophecy will cease is talking about "when that which is perfect is come". You conven ...[text shortened]... ly spirit, you will find it here...

And I'm waiting on your comment on those scriptures by Paul in Corinthians that I posted. It seems you are ignoring them and what they say.
    Why is that?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Aug '13 03:32
    And I'm waiting on your comment on those scriptures by Paul in Corinthians that I posted. It seems you are ignoring them and what they say.
    Why is that?
    Possibly the same reason you frequently choose to ignore posts you don't like to engage with.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Aug '13 04:05
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Possibly the same reason you frequently choose to ignore posts you don't like to engage with.
    No not really. If I've not answered something it's either because I missed the question or I've already answered it the best I could or possibly didn't see he need as I know it wasn't an honest question but only one to string out some ridiculous and pointless rambling on.
    No in turn if it is a serious and honest question as I am asking here with this other person, I will give every efort to answer.
    Sorry if I've ignored you at times but your style of questioning must have warrented it.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Aug '13 04:16
    No not really. If I've not answered something it's either because I missed the question or I've already answered it the best I could or possibly didn't see he need as I know it wasn't an honest question but only one to string out some ridiculous and pointless rambling on.
    No in turn if it is a serious and honest question as I am asking here with this o ...[text shortened]...
    Sorry if I've ignored you at times but your style of questioning must have warrented it.
    By "honest question" you mean one you have an authorised response for?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree