1. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    06 Apr '14 18:00
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Yes, I'm throwing stones.

He missed me, I'm hitting him.

Are you whining on his behalf? Don't you think he can whine for himself?
    you just sound childish is all.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Apr '14 18:22
    ahhh so much pettiness abounds, is there no end to the slobber?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Apr '14 18:351 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ahhh so much pettiness abounds, is there no end to the slobber?
    Well, Fabian was just being ironic, he was echoing RJ's style deliberately, not as a 10 year old. He was making the point of the level of their arguments,
    Is so, Isn't, is so, isn't and so forth, or you don't know what you are talking about you idiot, etc.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Apr '14 19:18
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Well, Fabian was just being ironic, he was echoing RJ's style deliberately, not as a 10 year old. He was making the point of the level of their arguments,
    Is so, Isn't, is so, isn't and so forth, or you don't know what you are talking about you idiot, etc.
    Indeed 😀
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '14 06:361 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    If RJHinds says he is a moron himself, then it isn't an insult to repeat this fact. "He is a moron".
    If RJHinds says he is an instructor, then it isn't an insult to point it out that he is an poor instructor.
    If RJHinds says he is an near genius, then it isn't an insult to show where he fails.

And it isn't an insult to combine his own statements: "If you are an instructor then you don't know much. For being an near genius among morons you are right." and such.

"Don't throw the first stone." No, that one is already thrown. By RJHinds himself.

Everyone thinking (read: "yoctobyte" ) that RJHinds is weak, and needs protection, he hasn't been here for long. We've heard him for wo long whining over being attacked and in the next possible moment attack others. He has been caught so many times being wrong and in next moment telling us that he was just kidding with "Don't you have humour?" No, RJHinds doesn't need protection, he isn't weak, he just shut his ears when he receives insults.

He is strong as a moron, stubborn as a mule, ignorant as a ... eh ... as a YEC creationist.
  6. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    07 Apr '14 11:56
    If RJHinds says he is a moron himself, then it isn't an insult to repeat this fact. "He is a moron".
    If RJHinds says he is an instructor, then it isn't an insult to point it out that he is an poor instructor.
    If RJHinds says he is an near genius, then it isn't an insult to show where he fails.

And it isn't an insult to combine his own statements: "If ...[text shortened]... .

He is strong as a moron, stubborn as a mule, ignorant as a ... eh ... as a YEC creationist.
    He is strong as a moron, stubborn as a mule, ignorant as a ... eh ... as a YEC creationist

Fabian, I have noticed in several posts you mock and then reference RJHinds as a YEC. Aside from name calling and belittling that some do here, why do you belittle and reference him as a YEC? I know he may believe that, but you seem to take particular interest in pointing that out. Can't one have a view different from others without being ridiculed for it? Just wondering.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '14 12:31
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    He is strong as a moron, stubborn as a mule, ignorant as a ... eh ... as a YEC creationist

Fabian, I have noticed in several posts you mock and then reference RJHinds as a YEC. Aside from name calling and belittling that some do here, why do you belittle and reference him as a YEC? I know he may believe that, but you seem to take partic ...[text shortened]... t. Can't one have a view different from others without being ridiculed for it? Just wondering.
    But he is a YEC, isn't he? And he makes a great proud out of it.

Please count how many times he insults others, compare it with how many times I insult others. And calculate the difference.
    Note also how many he insults, and compare it with how many I insult. And calculate the difference.

You seem to tell me that if a christian insults others, that is okay. But if a non-christian insults a christian, then you think it's immoral. Correct me if I am wrong.

You also say that noone should throw the first stone. Well, if noone did that, this would be a nicer place to be in. Tell me who throw the first stone at the other, RJHinds or me? (Hint, search for the word 'ignorant'.)

You seem to think that RJHinds is a weak person in great need of defence, do you? Well, you are wrong. He is very strong, knowing that insults hurts others too, and plays this card very often.

I am still waiting for the respond of RJHinds:
    "No, you are wrong, Jesus never did say that. You are wrong, dead wrong!"

I just think he is a chicken, he doesn't dare to answer. Because if he does then I will tell him that he has lost the argument, and if he doesn't, then he knows very well that he is wrong, and dare not to answer and therefore lost the argument. In either way he is lost.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '14 12:34
    sorry I thought this was spirituality, my bad.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '14 12:43
    Yoctobyte criticize me for ridicule others using the term "YEC", meaning Young Earth Creationist.

I agree with yoctobyte that the term YEC is ridiculing. To believe in YEC is ridiculous.

There are numerous proofs that the Earth is not young as 6000 years, but rather 4.6 billion of years old. To believe that scriptures 3000 years ago has better understanding of science than modern Science does in the matter is ridiculous.

But is it to ridicule someone to call him a YEC when he calls himself a YEC? Is it an insult to call someone a moron when he calls himself a moron? That would be like treating him as a child and say "Dear boy, you are not a moron, don't call yourself that." When this boy is 70+ years old. So if he says he is a YEC, then who am I to correct him? Who am I to correct him when he says he is a moron? I am not that one.

Yoctobyte is perfectly correct when he says that YEC is a ridicule. But if someone wants to be a called a YEC, who am I to stop him?
  10. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    07 Apr '14 17:38
    Yoctobyte criticize me for ridicule others using the term "YEC", meaning Young Earth Creationist.

I agree with yoctobyte that the term YEC is ridiculing. To believe in YEC is ridiculous.

There are numerous proofs that the Earth is not young as 6000 years, but rather 4.6 billion of years old. To believe that scriptures 3000 years ago has better unde ...[text shortened]... he says that YEC is a ridicule. But if someone wants to be a called a YEC, who am I to stop him?
    I think you may need to go back and try to understand what I am saying, perhaps it is lost in translation.

My criticism of you is not that you call RJHinds (or others) a YEC, in fact it has nothing to do with the term at all, it is that you call him names and attempt to belittle him as a person, and in such a forum as this. It amounts to nothing more that school yard bullying. Maybe he has called you a name at some point, I don't know... I am only reacting to some recent postings of yours and you appear relentless. To add that he believes in YEC in someways (perhaps your eyes only, perhaps not) seems to be some final nail in the coffin pronouncement of what you believe is his total stupidity. I think it is unfair, against the 'forum rules' and against what you said in the 'forum etiquette' thread. He doesn't agree with some of what you say (as well as myself) and you don't agree with what he says, a kind of impasse.

These forums (my understanding) is a place to debate. Sometimes those debates get heated and emotions get in the way, things are said, people get pissed. But we are adults (as far as I know) an ought not treat others in such ways as a child does on the playground. Don't you enjoy meaningful exchanges of ideas and thoughts among your peers? Regardless of how they believe, even if it is not what you believe?

I never said the term YEC is ridiculing, you are putting words into my mouth. When you belittle RJHinds, you add that he believes in YEC. The only one who believes that to call someone a YEC is ridiculing is the person who is saying such a thing, like yourself... that is why you do it. To those who believe it, YEC, it is a truth to them not a ridicule.

You don't believe in YEC, that's fine, you can say so... but to call someone names and belittle them because it's not what you believe is obnoxious.
    But is it to ridicule someone to call him a YEC when he calls himself a YEC? Is it an insult to call someone a moron when he calls himself a moron? That would be like treating him as a child and say "Dear boy, you are not a moron, don't call yourself that." When this boy is 70+ years old. So if he says he is a YEC, then who am I to correct him? Who am I to correct him when he says he is a moron? I am not that one.[quote]
    Again, it is not that the term YEC is ridiculing, it is that you belittle because somebody believes it, YEC, there is a difference.
    [quote]Yoctobyte is perfectly correct when he says that YEC is a ridicule. But if someone wants to be a called a YEC, who am I to stop him.

Yoctobyte is not perfectly correct when he says that YEC is a ridicule, because he never said that... you did!

I don't mean to go on, my apologies if you feel picked on, but there comes a time when adults should act like adults do and not children, or 'GRUMPY OLD MEN'. But maybe this is how members of this forum wish to be, and I am wrong, I am perhaps in the minority, who knows. Thanks for listening.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Apr '14 23:14
    Maybe it is time to get back to the subject of the OP. The speaker on the referenced OP video is Dr. Jonathan Sarfati, a research scientist with a PH. D. in chemistry and also a Chess master, who plays blindfold chess exhibitions in his spare time. He speaks about the bias of evolution scientists who will not except a supernatural explanation for design no matter what the facts indicate. He says that the evolutionists are only looking for natural explanations, not true explanations. He goes on to explain how we can tell something is designed and how evolutionists go wrong by their explanations. I think he presents the information very well for someone with an Australian accent.
  12. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 00:33
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Maybe it is time to get back to the subject of the OP. The speaker on the referenced OP video is Dr. Jonathan Sarfati, a research scientist with a PH. D. in chemistry and also a Chess master, who plays blindfold chess exhibitions in his spare time. He speaks about the bias of evolution scientists who will not except a supernatural explanation for design no m ...[text shortened]... planations. I think he presents the information very well for someone with an Australian accent.
    Sorry about the rabbit trail RJ, I'll watch from the sidelines.
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 04:181 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Maybe it is time to get back to the subject of the OP. The speaker on the referenced OP video is Dr. Jonathan Sarfati, a research scientist with a PH. D. in chemistry and also a Chess master, who plays blindfold chess exhibitions in his spare time. He speaks about the bias of evolution scientists who will not except a supernatural explanation for design no m ...[text shortened]... planations. I think he presents the information very well for someone with an Australian accent.
    ...so you can avoid the questions that will show you are ignorant, yes I understand.
    You have lost, you are ignorant.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 09:04
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    Can't one have a view different from others without being ridiculed for it? Just wondering.
    Yes. If that view is not ridiculous.
    But
    Those who hold ridiculous views must expect ridicule.
  15. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 21:21
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Yes. If that view is not ridiculous.
    But
    Those who hold ridiculous views must expect ridicule.
    ... as it appears to be the case at times.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree